Legarrette Blount | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Legarrette Blount

No.....and hell no.

Why would you want to add a head case, problem child, poor teammate to the chemistry of this team. If you are going to try to sign Blount...why not go for Santonio Holmes as well....he is also available. That way, they can keep each other company when they quit on the team when the chips are down.

What are you thinking???

I'd entirely get in on this. People just think Blount is some one year wonder, he's not. I'll take a 'cancer' for a less than half a season, not like the guy is gonna come in week 1 and be a cancer. We need a grinder, he's one of the better inside runners in the league and a load to bring down. I'd take a clear upgrade near the goalline and in short yarddage and take the risk.

I wanted Blount in the off season based on what he did last year in New England but he's definitely a head case we probably need to avoid. Ride Miller , Williams and Thomas and get your bruiser next year in the draft or free agency.

I'd entirely get in on this. People just think Blount is some one year wonder, he's not. I'll take a 'cancer' for a less than half a season, not like the guy is gonna come in week 1 and be a cancer. We need a grinder, he's one of the better inside runners in the league and a load to bring down. I'd take a clear upgrade near the goalline and in short yarddage and take the risk.

Clearly, Blount is not a grinder. In fact, his actions demonstrate he is the exact opposite of a grinder. Blount is not tough. He is soft. That is why he quits on his team when the going gets tough. Things do not go well for him and he acts like a child. I will pass on that Blount.

Clearly, Blount is not a grinder. In fact, his actions demonstrate he is the exact opposite of a grinder. Blount is not tough. He is soft. That is why he quits on his team when the going gets tough. Things do not go well for him and he acts like a child. I will pass on that Blount.

You sure you wouldn't puff, puff and then pass?

The Dolphins must jump in for Tate or Blount because we are one Lamar Miller injury away from disaster.

not so at all.

DAMIAN WILLIAMS is the best rb on this team. he has better moves, doesnt need a big hole, is a GREAT pass catcher and is is hard to bring down. first tacklers hardly ever bring him down.

if he gets any significant, long term playing time miller wont be starting any longer. he is having a good year, but, he does not have the complete skill set that williams has. williams will be a pro bowl rb, either here or on another team. he was billed as a high first round choice until he got in trouble. it wasnt his game that killed his draft, it was getting in trouble. he is one of those guys who just has that "it" factor.

lablount and tate are good players, especially replacing thomas. blount is a big time, old school bruiser but he is a clown shy of a circus. a real nut job who is a MAJOR locker room cancer. this teams chemistry is great right now and a guy like lablount can tip the apple cart real quick. no thanks!!

tate would be a good rb to have IN PLACE OF daniel thomas. but, we are in no way doomed if lamar miller goes down. the herd is a little thinner, but, damian williams would take that job and never give it back.

Honestly I'd take one of him or Tate and cut DT. That's it. Not saying they're saviors or better than DW, but they have NFL level production which is more than can be said for DT.

I wouldn't mind getting him for just the remainder of this year.

sigpic18502_47.gif

i wouldnt mind getting HER for the rest of the season!!!

not so at all.

DAMIAN WILLIAMS is the best rb on this team. he has better moves, doesnt need a big hole, is a GREAT pass catcher and is is hard to bring down. first tacklers hardly ever bring him down.

if he gets any significant, long term playing time miller wont be starting any longer. he is having a good year, but, he does not have the complete skill set that williams has. williams will be a pro bowl rb, either here or on another team. he was billed as a high first round choice until he got in trouble. it wasnt his game that killed his draft, it was getting in trouble. he is one of those guys who just has that "it" factor.

lablount and tate are good players, especially replacing thomas. blount is a big time, old school bruiser but he is a clown shy of a circus. a real nut job who is a MAJOR locker room cancer. this teams chemistry is great right now and a guy like lablount can tip the apple cart real quick. no thanks!!

tate would be a good rb to have IN PLACE OF daniel thomas. but, we are in no way doomed if lamar miller goes down. the herd is a little thinner, but, damian williams would take that job and never give it back.
I like williams but he's not better than lamar.

I think looking at how easily teams say goodbye to Blount shows there are some serious character issues there beyond the obvious one we just saw last game. Though I'd love a bruiser, we don't need that ****. I'm fine with Lamar and Damien, while not compromising the locker room over a 3rd back.

I was curious if perception is greater than reality concerning Blount in short yardage so I looked up all his games and decided to see how many times he got the ball on short yardage situations (3 yards or less) and made a first down or got a TD.

Cleveland
3 and 1 at CLE 7 - 7 yard TD
3 and 1 - 4 yard loss

1 for 2

Baltimore
No attempts

Carolina
2nd and 1 - 2 yard gain

1 for 1

Tampa Bay
No attempts

Jacksonville
3rd and 2 - 5 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 2 yard gain
2nd and 1 - 5 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard gain

4 for 4

Cleveland
3rd and 3 - 1 yard gain

0 for 1

Houston
3rd and 1 - no gain

0 for 1

Indianapolis
2nd and 1 - 4 yard gain
3rd and 3 - 1 yard gain

1 for 2

Baltimore
2nd and 1 - 4 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard loss

1 for 2

Jets
3rd and 1 - 3 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard gain
1st and 1 - no gain
2nd and 1 - 8 yard loss

2 for 4

Tennessee
No attempts

So for the season he's 10 for 17 (58.8%) in short yardage situations. In those same situations Miller is 17 for 23 (73.9%). So once again perception greater than reality.

Now someone will chime in and say Blount would do better behind our O-line than Miller...as if the Steelers O-line is worse than ours...the same Dolphins O-line that's been playing musical chairs at Guard all season and is now missing a starting tackle...yeah right.

I was curious if perception is greater than reality concerning Blount in short yardage so I looked up all his games and decided to see how many times he got the ball on short yardage situations (3 yards or less) and made a first down or got a TD.

Cleveland
3 and 1 at CLE 7 - 7 yard TD
3 and 1 - 4 yard loss

1 for 2

Baltimore
No attempts

Carolina
2nd and 1 - 2 yard gain

1 for 1

Tampa Bay
No attempts

Jacksonville
3rd and 2 - 5 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 2 yard gain
2nd and 1 - 5 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard gain

4 for 4

Cleveland
3rd and 3 - 1 yard gain

0 for 1

Houston
3rd and 1 - no gain

0 for 1

Indianapolis
2nd and 1 - 4 yard gain
3rd and 3 - 1 yard gain

1 for 2

Baltimore
2nd and 1 - 4 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard loss

1 for 2

Jets
3rd and 1 - 3 yard gain
3rd and 1 - 1 yard gain
1st and 1 - no gain
2nd and 1 - 8 yard loss

2 for 4

Tennessee
No attempts

So for the season he's 10 for 17 (58.8%) in short yardage situations. In those same situations Miller is 17 for 23 (73.9%). So once again perception greater than reality.

Now someone will chime in and say Blount would do better behind our O-line than Miller...as if the Steelers O-line is worse than ours...the same Dolphins O-line that's been playing musical chairs at Guard all season and is now missing a starting tackle...yeah right.

Good point, but as I said I'd be grabbing him or Tate to upgrade on DT. It's good analysis, but it's also probably too short a sample size.

Good point, but as I said I'd be grabbing him or Tate to upgrade on DT. It's good analysis, but it's also probably too short a sample size.

We've already got an upgrade over DT...Damien Williams. He's getting more playing time as the weeks go by...bring in Tate or Blount and you stunt his development.

Back
Top Bottom