Let's talk TE's. Who needs one, who doesn't. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk TE's. Who needs one, who doesn't.

The TE's are really weak this year so let me get my homer pick out of the way.. Chris Herndon. ;)

I really hope they don't try for the Baker Mayfield/Mark Andrews thing. :poop

The TE's are really weak this year so let me get my homer pick out of the way.. Chris Herndon. ;)

I really hope they don't try for the Baker Mayfield/Mark Andrews thing. :poop

Andrews maybe in the third, I don't see either of them being Dolphins though.

I wouldn't say they are weak just not as dynamic as the trio that came out last year.

If you are ranking strictly on talent than Gesiki is #1 all day long with Hurst/Godert second.

Gesicki measured 6-5 1/2, weighed 252 pounds, ran a 4.54 in the 40-yard dash, did 22 reps in the bench press and had a 41 1/2-inch vertical. That's talent....seem stretching talent.[/QUO
If you are ranking strictly on talent than Gesiki is #1 all day long with Hurst/Godert second.

Gesicki measured 6-5 1/2, weighed 252 pounds, ran a 4.54 in the 40-yard dash, did 22 reps in the bench
Here's how one team source broke down Gesicki, "Gesicki is Coby Fleener. Tall, lean, probably will run fast; horrendous blocker - even [versus] defensive backs. He's got some high-point ability, but I have seen him drop his share of contact catches and contested catches too. I don't feel he's as a strong as he could be."

the only legit TE you can get excited about is Hurst but the downside is he will be a 25 year old rookie and TE Takes time to transition.

the only legit TE you can get excited about is Hurst but the downside is he will be a 25 year old rookie and TE Takes time to transition.

I'm really not excited about any TEs in this years draft to be honest. There aren't any who stand out and like I said in VIP a guy like Greg Olsen would have decimated this class of TEs.

First I wouldn't take any TEs in the 1st round, it's a wasted pick and second if I did take one it would probably be Dallas Goedert (2nd).

If goedart/gesicki are there at 43 you can’t pass on the upside.

I like hurts but I’m not on the same boat that most people seem to be on he certainly isn’t my no doubt #1 te

Age aside his route tree needs polished big time. Also he’s not some finished product as a blocker he struggles there just like most other top tes in the class

A lot of his blocking assignments were chipping off the edge had many h back style assignments too

He’s a limited combo te in my eyes. He’s maxed out as an athlete at 25, and I think if your drafting him as an in-line guy 43 is too high. I’m not confident sticking him out on an island like gase likes to do w/ his tes either

I like it as a 3-4 round pick but his stock rising up to early 2nd is just too rich for me

Pretty much how i feel ANMoore. On of the G’s in round 2. Id take hurst if everyone else is gone- but his weaknesses scare me a bit. Also throw in a concussion history i think

Hoops also said he was more of an h-back

Reactions: A1.
I rank the TE’s strictly on talent

1. Hurst
2. Godert
3. Andrews
4. Thomas
5. Gesiki

I really don’t get the love for Gesiki is it because he is 6”8 ? I just don’t see him as a special player or even a top 50 pick.

While I don't agree, I really hope you are right and he somehow falls to us in round 3. I have to think they are gonna draft a QB and TE in round 2 and 3. Unfortunately, the tier 2 qbs and tier 1 TEs will likely be gone by our third pick.

I don’t understand what not to like about gesicki from a pass catching point,

If you don’t wanna fall in love w/ his combine that’s fine. Throw it away

But the dude still has plenty of impressive tape. Check out some of it vs Michigan and Ohio state (who both have linebackers and secondary going top 3 rounds the last couple years)

He’s a quite special talent, size matters when your that kind of athlete

if we are looking for a TE and Hurst, Goddert, and Giesicki are gone, a guy we should look at is Ian Thomas. He is raw, but he is strong, has talent and with coaching could be a very effective All-around TE.

I’d draft Jaylen Samuels to play the H-Back and be the third running back and then I’d draft best available TE left in round 4. Probably the dude from Wisconsin. But Samuels would be my priority over any TE in this draft.

I've been pretty consistent in saying that this TE class sucks, and it's a big mark against the FO if they draft a TE in 2018 after bypassing the stacked 2017 group.

Back
Top Bottom