LMFAO at Andy Levitre!! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LMFAO at Andy Levitre!!

Exactly right, that's why his stats are diminished even further, because they were helped out very much so by YAC.

High comp% - byproduct of many short passes.

Qb rating (in Chad's case) - also a byproduct of the short passing game.

YPA - byproduct of the YAC from those short passes.

When all that is taken into consideration you are left with 19 touchdowns, 2 from the wildcat. Jeff Garcia could do that. He's not an MVP.

Believe me, I watched the fins a lot last year. I do every year.

Either you didn't, hence why you're very clueless. Or you did, and liked what you seen, so you troll on here to make you feel better. Which is it?

Either you didn't, hence why you're very clueless. Or you did, and liked what you seen, so you troll on here to make you feel better. Which is it?
R&R you are pretty much a know-nothing fanboy. It's alright though, it's good to be passionate about your team, but the big boys are trying to talk real football kthx.

I will say, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name "Chad Pennington" isn't necessarily 'playmaker'. But Wagon Circler, why do you put such a negative connotation to game manager? You know what you get with Chad, Dolphin fans have seen enough bonehead plays at the QB position in recent years to respect someone who knows how to take care of the ball. If Pennington gets hurt (and it is a concern), then you will see how valuable he really is to the team.

Can you blame Dolphin fans for being optimistic? For the first time in years we have stability. As for last year being a fluke, I would not be surprised to see some regress this year, but I would be really surprised if our record is closer to 1-15 than it is to 11-5. We will be competitive this year.

I will say, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name "Chad Pennington" isn't necessarily 'playmaker'. But Wagon Circler, why do you put such a negative connotation to game manager? You know what you get with Chad, Dolphin fans have seen enough bonehead plays at the QB position in recent years to respect someone who knows how to take care of the ball. If Pennington gets hurt (and it is a concern), then you will see how valuable he really is to the team.

Can you blame Dolphin fans for being optimistic? For the first time in years we have stability. As for last year being a fluke, I would not be surprised to see some regress this year, but I would be really surprised if our record is closer to 1-15 than it is to 11-5. We will be competitive this year.
Very shrewd Pickles, very shrewd indeed. Your first paragraph outlines perfectly just why Chad was an MVP candidate. Because of the long list of boneheads before him and the lack of success of those boneheads, not because he himself was all that great.

Sure optimism is understood. Everyone is optimistic this time of year. But when optimism becomes snobbery it's time to step back and examine the situation further.

R&R you are pretty much a know-nothing fanboy. It's alright though, it's good to be passionate about your team, but the big boys are trying to talk real football kthx.

:lol2:

No nothing fanboy? Because I'm right that makes me a no nothing fanboy? :lol:

Interesting logic to say the least.

Considerably less derogatory chatter among the fin fans directed at the bills this week..A preseason win?? Oh thank god our season is saved!!

that should come as no surprise. the HoF game was nationally televised. your 2nd game was on NFL Network. odds are more people would watch the nationally televised game.

I did happen to see some of this weeks game....O-line is still a wreck...

Did anybody see that gimmick play shred the Panthers last night? I thought the wildcat was not going to work this year. oops.

Did anybody see Deang make your no tackle defense look like a bunch or Jr. high school kids? =)

Oops. It worked in a preseason game oops. Ooooops!!! Nublar oops!

Who said it wouldn't work?? It's bound to work a couple of the times, it's just not going to carry you to the playoffs like it did last year...Now let me hear that instant programmed response of 'omg omg we only ran it 10% of the time!'

Did anybody see Deang make your no tackle defense look like a bunch or Jr. high school kids? =)

Who said it wouldn't work?? It's bound to work a couple of the times, it's just not going to carry you to the playoffs like it did last year...Now let me hear that instant programmed response of 'omg omg we only ran it 10% of the time!'

The Bills looked great last night! :lol:

Your right, DeAngelo Williams did school our defense on that one. Other then that ONE run though, the Dolphins defense shut the running game down, just like they did last week against the Jags.

The wildcat plays they ran last night were the same ones they ran last season. Those plays teams have had all offseason to game plan and practice against. They still worked and worked big. If teams have trouble defending the old stuff, can't wait to see how they do trying to defend the new wrinkles the team has put together for the offseason.

The wildcat doesn't need to work every time, only a few times a game to really make an impact. It confuses the defense and takes advantages of their weakness. Look, the Bills are trying to add wrinkles to their offense and confuse the defense with the whole no huddle thing. Your no huddle offense is just like Miami's wildcat formation.

Buddy, the wildcat is here to stay and if it works one or two times a game, then it is still fulfilling it's purpose.

I know it is only the preseason, but things in Miami look a lot brighter then they do up in Buffalo. Just the facts.

By the way, the Bills looked awesome last night. :up:

Your right, DeAngelo Williams did school our defense on that one. Other then that ONE run though, the Dolphins defense shut the running game down, just like they did last week against the Jags.

The wildcat plays they ran last night were the same ones they ran last season. Those plays teams have had all offseason to game plan and practice against. They still worked and worked big. If teams have trouble defending the old stuff, can't wait to see how they do trying to defend the new wrinkles the team has put together for the offseason.

The wildcat doesn't need to work every time, only a few times a game to really make an impact. It confuses the defense and takes advantages of their weakness. Look, the Bills are trying to add wrinkles to their offense and confuse the defense with the whole no huddle thing. Your no huddle offense is just like Miami's wildcat formation.

Buddy, the wildcat is here to stay and if it works one or two times a game, then it is still fulfilling it's purpose.

I know it is only the preseason, but things in Miami look a lot brighter then they do up in Buffalo. Just the facts.

By the way, the Bills looked awesome last night. :up:
That is exactly why the wildcat carried you guys to the playoffs right there, even if they only did run it 10% of the time. Like I said in previous posts in this very thread, the threat of the wildcat is ever-present, which overall helps your entire offense. A point you guys vehemently denied earlier in this thread (especially you Nublar). But I guess you are coming around.

You can't compare the no huddle to the wildcat. The no huddle is just a faster way to run traditional football plays. The wildcat is based on trickery. A scheme full of trick plays.

Analyzing rushing offense/defense is the hardest thing to really put your finger on in the preseason. Nobody really is running very hard and it's not like the defenses are trying to kill the running back like in the regular season.

That's why if you look terrible in the preseason it's not the end of the world and if you do great in the preseason you have to be aware of the 'fools gold' factor. It's pretty much a total crap shoot. Preseason is just designed to whittle down rosters and knock off a little rust. Nothing really more, nothing really less.

Are you ever happy losing? No. But it's not do or die. I'd rather lose now than later.

I'd much rather have "fluke" season and win the division than having a "talented" team and miss the playoffs every year for a DECADE. the Bills and Lions are the two teams with the longest playoff droughts lol. I still don't understand how bills fans can talk smack when they've arguably been the worst team in the AFC this deacade.

Back
Top Bottom