Lockout to be lifted? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lockout to be lifted?

Explain how to me. Maybe I am not seeing it.

The owners made a media move. They announced that THEY (the owners) agreed on this deal and made a big deal of announcing it without letting the other side (player reps, Smith, etc.) in on their ploy. And then, they said, "Well, now the players just have to agree on it."

So, most of the stupid fans will want to string the players up if they don't sign the deal. It's a political ploy. It's transparent.

The owners made a media move. They announced that THEY (the owners) agreed on this deal and made a big deal of announcing it without letting the other side (player reps, Smith, etc.) in on their ploy. And then, they said, "Well, now the players just have to agree on it."

So, most of the stupid fans will want to string the players up if they don't sign the deal. It's a political ploy. It's transparent.

:lol: owner's are in "we'll see mode" what a load of crap. These players haven't even seen half of these terms and now they have to agree on it just because the owners did?

Yup the players are now the bad guys in all this.

Jay Glazer also saying the players won't be voting yet. Mortensen has a copy of the letter sent from Demaurice smith to the players, which basically says they ratified things they didn't discuss, like revenue sharing/economics/worker's comp, and a deal hasnt been struck, but he looks forward to their conference call tonight.

:lol: owner's are in "we'll see mode" what a load of crap. These players haven't even seen half of these terms and now they have to agree on it just because the owners did?

The players voting really don't know the ins and outs of a CBA. The guys who negotiated the deal with the Owners are the ones that really need to approve it and they sure as hell better know what the terms are. If they give the thumbs up, a vote by the players should just be procedural.

IDGAF who looks better in the media, they both look like complete **** wads and i cant stand either side, **** them both

The players voting really don't know the ins and outs of a CBA. The guys who negotiated the deal with the Owners are the ones that really need to approve it and they sure as hell better know what the terms are. If they give the thumbs up, a vote by the players should just be procedural.

The point is that the owners agreed to their own terms - which says nothing - and then shoved it off on the players and their side with all this media pressure. The first indicator to me that there might be serious hangups?: The 31-0 vote. Think of some of the owners involved and tell me you expect that to be a fair deal.

The point is that the owners agreed to their own terms - which says nothing - and then shoved it off on the players and their side with all this media pressure. The first indicator to me that there might be serious hangups?: The 31-0 vote. Think of some of the owners involved and tell me you expect that to be a fair deal.

Well, we do know that the media has different interpretations than most. A good story is a good story regardless of facts. Although I'm sure the owners played a PR game here, I'm also quite certain the media decided to embellish a bit. The way I see it: both are at fault until a deal is done.

Well, we do know that the media has different interpretations than most. A good story is a good story regardless of facts. Although I'm sure the owners played a PR game here, I'm also quite certain the media decided to embellish a bit. The way I see it: both are at fault until a deal is done.

The owners held a giant dog-and-pony press conference.

The owners held a giant dog-and-pony press conference.

I understand that. I also understand that the media will take that conference and come to their own conclusions (and interpretations). It's their job. It's also their job to get people to read. Thus, embellishment. Not taking sides.

Back
Top Bottom