Long just ran a 4.71 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long just ran a 4.71

For those making fun of the ACC, remember, Gholston didn't compete against any better talent (I'd actually say worse) in the Big 11, err I mean 10

I'd say the mancrush meter on chris long is pegged.

Didn't chris long already admit HIMSELF that he was too small to play 3-4 DE in the nfl.
I am pretty sure he said this in an interview to the jets or something like that.
Yet, some experts on these boards will have us believe otherwise.

Nobody ever wants to talk about he kids college career, just like to bring up 14 sacks.
I'd like to know the kid's body of work, and I could give a crap what his dads name is, there guarantees us absolutely nothing.

Didn't chris long already admit HIMSELF that he was too small to play 3-4 DE in the nfl.
I am pretty sure he said this in an interview to the jets or something like that.

Nobody ever wants to talk about he kids college career, just like to bring up 14 sacks.
I'd like to know the kid's body of work, and I could give a crap what his dads name is, there guarantees us absolutely nothing.

I find that very hard to believe given the type of competitor he is. Have a link to back up that claim?

I mean I think Chris Long is a good player but were talking the #1 pick here on a project 3-4 OLB that runs 4.71 and played in the ACC.I would think if we are transitioning to a 3-4 and thats a big if, Vernon Gholston has to be in the conversation now.The bottom line is great rushing 3-4 OLB run in the 4.5 area.
Funny, the best pass rushing OLB in the league ran a 4.68 at the combine a couple of years ago.

his dad being Howie Long has importance if you think about it

his desire to live up to the name is one positive

the knowledge gained from his dad is invaluable

genes are also a positive

who his dad is isn't everything, but it is something

Virginia runs a defense similiar to Parcells style, Long would be the logical choice, isn't the coach from VA Parcells buddy too? Name just escaped me! I like Long , he sounds like a 1st class kid in all his interviews, I feel he is a safe pick as I feel Jake Long is a safe pick too, RB we don't need one but it would be nice to pick one up on the 2nd day for depth and its a good year for RB's, We just need to get a hold of more picks and rebuild this team right1 I'd trade Taylor right now for a 2nd rounder or a DJ Williams, and Olineman, Saftey, CB etc.. just fill a hole1

I find that very hard to believe given the type of competitor he is. Have a link to back up that claim?

i can back him up wih that i read/heard it as well. He said de in a 3-4 are 300 lbs along woth the fact of him veing small for a end there. he said it yest

his dad being Howie Long has importance if you think about it

his desire to live up to the name is one positive

the knowledge gained from his dad is invaluable

genes are also a positive

who his dad is isn't everything, but it is something

The ACC stuff is hilarious. First of all, of the top 10 sack men in the NFL last season, not a single came from the SEC. 4 came from the ACC. 2 came from Troy St.

Chris Long faced constant double-teams and occasional triple teams. Gholston was surrounded by talent on the OSU defense, yet Long was overwhelmingly far more productive, despite playing in a 3-4 where it's harder to compile stats.

What's more, as today showed, Long is every bit as good an athlete.

There is no discussion between the 2, and if Parcells wants a DE, he will see it as such.

Virginia isn't too bad of a place to find a pass rusher! Bruce Smith, remember that guy? he's a a former Cavalier and how about Chris Slade, he too played for VA, it does'nt matter what school someone played at! Our very own Jason Taylor played for Akron!

Virginia isn't too bad of a place to find a pass rusher! Bruce Smith, remember that guy? he's a a former Cavalier and how about Chris Slade, he too played for VA, it does'nt matter what school someone played at! Our very own Jason Taylor played for Akron!

Bruce Smith went to Va.Tech, he's a Hokie. ;)

if we dont trade down i hope we pick him that would be awsome that is really good for a DE

Bruce Smith went to Virginia Tech. Huge difference.

Bruce Smith went to Virginia Tech. Huge difference.

Yes, of course it's hardly relevant as it was 25 years ago. All-pro Patrick Kerney went to UVa, however. A much more relevant comparison to Long than Roth.

Back
Top Bottom