Long just ran a 4.71 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long just ran a 4.71

If we're draft Long to play as a OLB then we campare him to DeMarcus Ware.

Vernon Ghoulson is so raw your drafting on potential not skill level.

For those making fun of the ACC, remember, Gholston didn't compete against any better talent (I'd actually say worse) in the Big 11, err I mean 10
I beg to differ but thats your opinion .I dont think one 14 sack season and a total of 7 sacks your previous 3 years should get your jersey retired and the #1 pick in the draft . If thats the case maybe the rest of the players should get adopted by howie.

I like C. Long, although bench isn't all it's cracked up to be. They showed a humorous bit on Jared Allen on NFL network. He talked about how he benched 225 eleven times at the combine. He turned out to be ok :)

I beg to differ but thats your opinion .I dont think one 14 sack season and a total of 7 sacks your previous 3 years should get your jersey retired and the #1 pick in the draft . If thats the case maybe the rest of the players should get adopted by howie.

If you were at all perceptive, the retired jersey would tell you there is more to Chris Long than numbers. It, nor being the #1 pick in the draft, were/would be due to being Howie's son. If anything, his lineage has been used by people like you to detract from Long's amazing talent/motor/intagibles, not to mention the immense athleticism which he showed today.

If you were at all perceptive, the retired jersey would tell you there is more to Chris Long than numbers. It, nor being the #1 pick in the draft, were/would be due to being Howie's son. If anything, his lineage has been used by people like you to detract from Long's amazing talent/motor/intagibles, not to mention the immense athleticism which he showed today.
Like I said before he's a good player But All Chris Long showed today is he is second to gholston.

I'm sorry but 4.71 is slow for a DE little less an OLB. I hate to burst your bubble people, but posting that time and being happy about it is only good if you DON'T want us to pick him. Maybe he has a better pro day and changes things, but I'm guessing that sun dial 40 just cost him the first pick.

let's see, playing 98% of your defenses' snaps will, getting 14 sacks from a 3-4 DE spot will, getting 10 pass defenses from a 3-4 DE spot will, his desire to play football will, his intangibles will.

This is why you don't put too much stock into the combine. The bench press is about arm and chest strength. Gholston is a body builder, and has a good bench press. Ever wonder why most of the potential NTs in the draft only did 20 some reps? They need to focus on lower body strength, and Gholston does not have great lower body strength. In fact, his athleticism is not overly better than Long's when you take into consideration that Long was dehydrated during the workouts while Gholston wasn't, and Long did better in all the position drills.

Is Gholston a good player? yes. But look at how the two players did in their bowl games. Long stayed pretty consistent, while Gholston struggled as the game went on. Gholston also is not a great run defender, and has gotten blown up really bad several times, while Long is not gonna get blown up as much.

Those saying Gholston is so much better than Long, are just being asinine and falling in love with one player (this coming from a guy in the heart of big 10 country).

Oh and whoever said Long didn't go up against top notch O-Linemen, Aside from Jake Long (who only gave up one sack to Gholston despite popular belief), The Big 10 does not have a lot, if any, quality o-linemen this year. Most of the top guys are Freshmen or Sophomores. Jakew ent up against two very good linemen in practice in Brandon Alberts and Eugene Monroe, as well as Gosder Cherilus,Barry Richardson,Andrew Crummey, and Chris McDuffie all of whom will be drafted.

Chris Long has just solidified his spot as the #1 overall pick. There are no questions that cannot be answered with this kid. From game tape, to family background, to desire, to football IQ, and athleticism. This is slam dunk as far as I'm concerned and I love it!

I'm sorry but 4.71 is slow for a DE little less an OLB. I hate to burst your bubble people, but posting that time and being happy about it is only good if you DON'T want us to pick him. Maybe he has a better pro day and changes things, but I'm guessing that sun dial 40 just cost him the first pick.

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Most expected Long to run a 4.85; which is still decent for a guy 6'4 272. The only rediculously "fast" DEs were Marcus Howard (4.44) and Quenton Groves (4.54). Most run between what Gholston in, and 4.9. In fact Miami's own Calais Campbell ran a 5.03 40 time. Besides, 40 times for a DE/LB are not overly important. They are more concerned about the shuttle drills, and the reactions (which Long was far superior in that Gholston) Hell most of the LBs did not run over a 4.6. And those that did, Indy is TURF. It does effect how fast you can run.

I Think Ted is a great player as soon as they get him some special team help meaning some guys that will actually block, and offensive help he will be awesome.

Ok I think I'm going back to VIP, this is getting a little silly. You do know that there are other drills that they run, right? And that they tell you a lot more about a players quickness than the 40 time? If a DE, or a 3-4 OLB for that matter, has to sprint 40 yards some thing very very bad, or very very good just happend. Most often it's bad.

I didn't think Long would do as well as he did. He beat the optimistic projections that his supporters had for him. I just don't get this 40 time obsesion. THe 20 yards splits are going to be more important strait line speed indicators anyway. .1 secounds faster in the 3 cone is way more impressive than .1 in the 40. So is .2 in the 20 yrd shuttle. We aren't talking about WRs here.

Ok I think I'm going back to VIP, this is getting a little silly. You do know that there are other drills that they run, right? And that they tell you a lot more about a players quickness than the 40 time? If a DE, or a 3-4 OLB for that matter, has to sprint 40 yards some thing very very bad, or very very good just happend. Most often it's bad.

I didn't think Long would do as well as he did. He beat the optimistic projections that his supporters had for him. I just don't get this 40 time obsesion. THe 20 yards splits are going to be more important strait line speed indicators anyway. .1 secounds faster in the 3 cone is way more impressive than .1 in the 40. So is .2 in the 20 yrd shuttle. We aren't talking about WRs here.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I didn't think any of his combine stats were overly impressive. Nothing to make you say definitively that he is the first pick. Picking Long wouldn't upset me at all, I am NOT anti Chris Long. I just thought it was funny that relatively mundane stats prompted people to proclaim him a god. I'd just assume they take of the homer glasses and support whomever we pick instead of Chris Long or Bust.

I Think Ted is a great player as soon as they get him some special team help meaning some guys that will actually block, and offensive help he will be awesome.

Wow, you just killed your Gholston argument. It doesn't matter who we pick just as long as they're from The Ohio State University.

Back
Top Bottom