Longs 40 time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longs 40 time

funkDat

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In the past five years there has only been one top six OLB that had a slower timed 40 then Long.

Say Hello to Chad Greenway.He was drafted in 2006,missed his 1st year, but played all 16 games last year and didn't get even one sack.

Thoughts..........

If 40 yard dash times mattered one bit then Quentin Groves would be the unanymous #1 OLB in this draft, and the number one DE would be that guy from Weber, Bryan Johnson.

So what Im saying is, this is a retarded point.

My point is not retarded at all.

You see my child you must 1st understand what i'm saying to past Judgment on it, and since you don't, you can't.

My point is he doesn't have the speed to play OLB.I'm not the only one that thinks this.

""Said Rams Executive V.P. of Player Personnel Billy Devaney of Virginia DE Chris Long, “I don’t think [pass rushing] is his forte""

I'll dumb it down for you homes....No Team in the NFL in there right mind would draft a OLB 1st pick to cover a TE all day.Do you understand now.

P.s.btw~ You were wrong on both your points. I SAID HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY :)

Oh my god not only did you send me this in a PM but you actually posted it?

If Chris Long doesn't have the speed to play OLB then we have to let go of Quentin Moses, Abe Wright, Matt Roth..

Better let the Jets know that Calvin Pace is way too slow to play outline linebacker! ( by the way, genius, every one of the people I've posted ran a slower 40 yard dash time than Chris Long )

Oh, Pittsburgh, you know that stud you got in the 2nd round who looked absolutely amazing in the pass rush, Lamar Woodley? Too bad so sad HES TOO SLOW! He'll never make it!

Oh, and it was a unanymous decision amongst the scouts that Chris Long looked the best by far the combine in the linebacker drills, not to mention he showed amazing agility, better than Vernon Gholston and almost on pay with Quentin Groves.

Please, move along and try again.

the 40 time is crap it is just guys running in Shorts and Short sleve shirts when they run the 40 time in Pads then thats when i will care about the 40

If Chris Long doesn't have the speed to play OLB then we have to let go of Quentin Moses, Abe Wright, Matt Roth.
FYI...
Moses: Only played a pass rushing end on obvious passing situations.
Wright: is a sleeper who was timed in the 4.6's
Roth: better play at a higher level or he will be let go.

I like C. Long a lot but it is awful hard not to compare him to Roth. And Roth has not been good up to this point.

Oh my god not only did you send me this in a PM but you actually posted it?

If Chris Long doesn't have the speed to play OLB then we have to let go of Quentin Moses, Abe Wright, Matt Roth..

Better let the Jets know that Calvin Pace is way too slow to play outline linebacker! ( by the way, genius, every one of the people I've posted ran a slower 40 yard dash time than Chris Long )

Oh, Pittsburgh, you know that stud you got in the 2nd round who looked absolutely amazing in the pass rush, Lamar Woodley? Too bad so sad HES TOO SLOW! He'll never make it!

Oh, and it was a unanymous decision amongst the scouts that Chris Long looked the best by far the combine in the linebacker drills, not to mention he showed amazing agility, better than Vernon Gholston and almost on pay with Quentin Groves.

Please, move along and try again.

Crazy685 most you spend all your time trying to live UP to your name.

1.Matt Roth is a DE not a OLB and, Miami is saying as of right now he is still a DE,cuzz he is too slow to be a OLB lol so good point.

2.Quentin Moses is too slow as well to play OLB and thats why he played DE last year.

3.Abraham Wright was not even near in the top half of any draft.

4.Calvin Pace is too slow too play ROLB, remember when he talked about playing here, with JT.Just so you know JT is our ROLB.Also Calvin Pace has started 38 games in the NFL and has only 14 sacks.So he'd be the guy running with the TE's in miami all day.ie~LOLB

5.Lamar Woodley ran a 4.66, that good a 4.75 is not, well it's good if you want to run with TE all day playing LOLB.

Look man if you want a 6 to 8 sacks out of your #1 pick then Long is your guy, o wait he's would be playing LOLB here, so he'll be busy with the TE's all day.So your #1 overall pick is going to net you 5 sacks on a good year, lol good job you wannna be GM.

And the end is this : Vernon Gholston is the Lawrence Julius Taylor of the draft and Chirs Long is the Carl E. Banks.

In the past five years there has only been one top six OLB that had a slower timed 40 then Long.

Say Hello to Chad Greenway.He was drafted in 2006,missed his 1st year, but played all 16 games last year and didn't get even one sack.

Thoughts..........

how many player play football in a shirt and t-shirt.
chris long is AMAZING in pads. the 40 times are so overrated....seeing how at 1 time a guy like Mario manning ham can run a 4.59 and then another time run a 4.38. People train JUST TO BEAST UP THE COMBINE. if you would listen to Marcelius Wiley, NFL analysis, he tells you how to cheat the system and train how to beast up at the combine and run a good 40, have a good verticle. the combine is way overrated.

If 40 yard dash times mattered one bit then Quentin Groves would be the unanymous #1 OLB in this draft, and the number one DE would be that guy from Weber, Bryan Johnson.

So what Im saying is, this is a retarded point.

Crazy - First let's be respectful here. You may not agree with his opinion, but you don't have to call him names. You can respectfully disagree.

Your rebuttal didn't address his main point and your name calling got everyone off that point. He stated that Chris Long would be one of the slowest OLB's drafted in the top 6 of his position. He never said that you had to be fast to be good, but we will all agree that a fast player given all the same skill sets and football ability is better than a slow player. If you are picking that high, you don't want to miss and he was pointing out a good point IMO that C Long is slower than others picked in that slot. And that maybe it would be better to pick someone else.

Crazy685 most you spend all your time trying to live UP to your name.

1.Matt Roth is a DE not a OLB and, Miami is saying as of right now he is still a DE,cuzz he is too slow to be a OLB lol so good point.

2.Quentin Moses is too slow as well to play OLB and thats why he played DE last year.

3.Abraham Wright was not even near in the top half of any draft.

4.Calvin Pace is too slow too play ROLB, remember when he talked about playing here, with JT.Just so you know JT is our ROLB.Also Calvin Pace has started 38 games in the NFL and has only 14 sacks.So he'd be the guy running with the TE's in miami all day.ie~LOLB

5.Lamar Woodley ran a 4.66, that good a 4.75 is not, well it's good if you want to run with TE all day playing LOLB.

Look man if you want a 6 to 8 sacks out of your #1 pick then Long is your guy, o wait he's would be playing LOLB here, so he'll be busy with the TE's all day.So your #1 overall pick is going to net you 5 sacks on a good year, lol good job you wannna be GM.

And the end is this : Vernon Gholston is the Lawrence Julius Taylor of the draft and Chirs Long is the Carl E. Banks.

both of these guys are toooo small to play DE in a 3-4. i dont hink you realize that a 260 lbs DE in a 3-4 would get murdered. THey are tooo small. I know people arent use to running a 3-4 defense but you have to take size into consideration now.

Back
Top Bottom