Longs 40 time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longs 40 time

how many player play football in a shirt and t-shirt.
chris long is AMAZING in pads. the 40 times are so overrated....seeing how at 1 time a guy like Mario manning ham can run a 4.59 and then another time run a 4.38. People train JUST TO BEAST UP THE COMBINE. if you would listen to Marcelius Wiley, NFL analysis, he tells you how to cheat the system and train how to beast up at the combine and run a good 40, have a good verticle. the combine is way overrated.

he's a real good player man , but he looks super slow on tape.

Crazy - First let's be respectful here. You may not agree with his opinion, but you don't have to call him names. You can respectfully disagree.

Your rebuttal didn't address his main point and your name calling got everyone off that point. He stated that Chris Long would be one of the slowest OLB's drafted in the top 5. He never said that you had to be fast to be good, but we will all agree that a fast player given all the same skill sets and football ability is better than a slow player. If you are picking that high, you don't want to miss and he was pointing out a good point IMO that C Long is slower than others picked in that slot. And that maybe it would be better to pick someone else.

Thank you for saying what i was trying to say ,,,,,,,i'm two 40's in right:beer1: now.

I may not be saying what i'm trying to say in the best way but my point is a very good one.

Thank you for looking past how i word things and understanding what i'm trying to say.

Again, Thank you.

I love how everybody is dissing 40 times. If 40 times were not relevant, the scouts wouldn't own stopwatches!

40 times ARE important. No, they shouldn't be the sole determination as to why you pick a guy, but they are important because they are static. For instance, if you have a guy who was a speed rusher in college, but played against crappy LTs in college, it doesn't matter how many sacks he got if he's got a slow 40 time. If his 40 time sucks, his speed rush will not succeed in the pros.

both of these guys are toooo small to play DE in a 3-4. i dont hink you realize that a 260 lbs DE in a 3-4 would get murdered. THey are tooo small. I know people arent use to running a 3-4 defense but you have to take size into consideration now.

I know bro , and both the guys i said they would be like in the NFL are OLB, and if ether one comes here that is what they will be.

I love how everybody is dissing 40 times. If 40 times were not relevant, the scouts wouldn't own stopwatches!

40 times ARE important. No, they shouldn't be the sole determination as to why you pick a guy, but they are important because they are static. For instance, if you have a guy who was a speed rusher in college, but played against crappy LTs in college, it doesn't matter how many sacks he got if he's got a slow 40 time. If his 40 time sucks, his speed rush will not succeed in the pros.

Yup , and when you watch a guy you may think he's this or that time.

When i watch Long i saw a slow DE and now some Miami fans want to bring him here and start him as a OLB it's nut's.If he comes here we will be playing a 4-3 and he'll be the LDE.

So anyways he timed faster then he plays to me, and he timed really bad for a OLB.anyways

so shawn meriman isnt a good pass rushing OLB. he ran a 4.69 at his combine. man that looks ALOT like Chris Longs 40 time. Long rand a 4.75 and a 4.68. 40 times mean nothing in the nfl.

so shawn meriman isnt a good pass rushing OLB. he ran a 4.69 at his combine. man that looks ALOT like Chris Longs 40 time. Long rand a 4.75 and a 4.68. 40 times mean nothing in the nfl.

Thats a big diff in time,,,,,,your talking about 1/10 a sec in time.

Meriman is on drugs that make him run faster, and he stop taking them before he ran.So his time is going to be slower then what he plays at.

Even without the drugs he plays much faster then long..............if you can't see that then i don't know what to say, other then don't watch the draft cuzz your going to be let down when they don't pick your man.:woot:

Thats a big diff in time,,,,,,your talking about 1/10 a sec in time.

Meriman is on drugs that make him run faster, and he stop taking them before he ran.So his time is going to be slower then what he plays at.

Even without the drugs he plays much faster then long..............if you can't see that then i don't know what to say, other then don't watch the draft cuzz your going to be let down when they don't pick your man.:woot:

4.68 and 4.69 is no difference at all! th inconsistancy in the 40 times that everyone has shows how STUPID and non important they are.

In the past five years there has only been one top six OLB that had a slower timed 40 then Long.

Say Hello to Chad Greenway.He was drafted in 2006,missed his 1st year, but played all 16 games last year and didn't get even one sack.

Thoughts..........
I think you are only looking at one part of the evaluation process to make your point. While 40 time shows sustained speed, it is not the be all end all of test. From NFL.com Combine events 40-yard dash.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d806ce6bb&template=with-video&confirm=true
The 10- and 20-yard times are also key components to scouting a player's speed, particularly those in the skill positions.

"We time the 10 to see how fast a player can get off, and if you're a DB, wide receiver or a defensive player that's the closing speed," Gorscak said. "With the 20, we're looking to see if you have any long speed ... if you build the speed, or if you remain at one speed."

While the 40-yard dash is a fan favorite, NFL scouts also consider the 10- and 20-yard dashes, as well as 20- and 60-yard shuttle runs and cone drills, as measures of a player's agility and speed.

Of those OLBs drafted over the past six drafts, how many of them were in the 250 lb range? How many of them had a faster 10/20 split? How many of them ran a faster short shuttle? How many of them ran a faster 3-cone?

My point is not retarded at all.

You see my child you must 1st understand what i'm saying to past Judgment on it, and since you don't, you can't.

My point is he doesn't have the speed to play OLB.I'm not the only one that thinks this.

""Said Rams Executive V.P. of Player Personnel Billy Devaney of Virginia DE Chris Long, “I don’t think [pass rushing] is his forte""

I'll dumb it down for you homes....No Team in the NFL in there right mind would draft a OLB 1st pick to cover a TE all day.Do you understand now.

P.s.btw~ You were wrong on both your points. I SAID HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY :)

Do you have a link to this quote?

The 40 yard dash really isn't a good guage. Some players have what is called game speed. They're 40 times aren't the greatest, but put them on the field in a game and suddenly they are all over the place. It's easy to over-anaylize at the combine. What matters the most...was the guy productive on the field? That is your best guage on how a player will do.

5.Lamar Woodley ran a 4.66, that good a 4.75 is not, well it's good if you want to run with TE all day playing LOLB.
Where did you find Woodley's 40 time? He did not run at the combine and only ran a 4.74 at his pro day.

It's also interesting a Rams exec. would say something like that. Don't they pick right after us???

Back
Top Bottom