Longs 40 time | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longs 40 time

Wow, Breed. Just.. Wow.

The amount of research that went into that post absolutely astonishes. Thank you very much for posting that, and I'm glad it puts this "discussion" to an end. I had posted something but I think either it didn't go through, or was deleted. unsure. Either way, thanks for the great post!

Hey! My man! It's funny, but I was going to start a thread about similar concerns about C. Long. It's just that, when you see him in games or on the many youtube clips around, you don't see him get to the QB a lot. Don't get me wrong, he's in on every play, but you rarely see him flying around the edge and smashing the QB like other great OLB's of the past and present. You always see him pushing up and getting his hands up to deflect the pass, which seems like his best move.

You also don't see him blowing up his blockers to get to the QB. Like I said, it's push up 3ft or so and deflect the pass. If you are drafting a OLB #1 overall, he BETTER be able to get to and terrorize the QB.

I feel tackles or even big, strong fullbacks in the NFL, will be able to put him in his place.JMHO.

I've always said, I think C. Long could do so much for this franchise in terms of character, attitude and work ethic, but these issues really worry me about him and taking him #1 overall.

You don't see Long flying around the edge like other OLBs because he didn't play OLB at Virginia. Chris played DE in the 3-4.

I know the stats, it's just when I watch him on tape, even the sacks he gets, it's always like reaching out a just barely getting a hand on his jersey or something, and I know a sack is a sack, but in the NFL a lot of those he won't be so lucky to get IMO. He's not in a weak division but definitely not the strongest. There's going to be a steap learning curve going to the NFL for him. IMO. Read the whole post though and I explain how I don't dislike C. Long, on the contrary, if you read the whole post.
I think Maryland's QB Chris Turner would disagree with you on this.

[youtube]QkQDF6pghQU&NR=1[/youtube]​

[youtube]38G-54URHSk[/youtube]​

Hey! Geforce! I appreciate you posting those vids., but they are just 2 plays against 1 team. I was looking more at his body of work as a whole. With that said, if you read my whole post, I'm not against C. Long at all, on the contrary, I said he's my 2nd choice and would be very happy to have him for the reasons I've listed previously. These are just some concerns I have.

There's probably going to be concerns with any pick. I just think our best move would be J. Long with the 1st. and someone like Q. Groves in the 2nd. JMHO.

I think taking C. Long in the 1st would still leave major problems with the OL. I don't think you can get the quality guy you would want in the 2nd. There will be a big run on tackles in the 1st. and all the really good T prospects will be gone. So, I think my 1st. scenario solves more problems.

We just can't ignore the OL anymore. Look at the time our QB's have had over the years..pathetic! No time for them to grow and mature by having no time to go through their correct reads and progressions, etc..I concede that I could be wrong though...:up:

Back
Top Bottom