Longs 40 time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longs 40 time

Yup , and when you watch a guy you may think he's this or that time.

When i watch Long i saw a slow DE and now some Miami fans want to bring him here and start him as a OLB it's nut's.If he comes here we will be playing a 4-3 and he'll be the LDE.

So anyways he timed faster then he plays to me, and he timed really bad for a OLB.anyways

a 4.68 is not bad at all for a 272 Lbs LB. That is actually really good.

The 40 yard dash really isn't a good guage. Some players have what is called game speed. They're 40 times aren't the greatest, but put them on the field in a game and suddenly they are all over the place. It's easy to over-anaylize at the combine. What matters the most...was the guy productive on the field? That is your best guage on how a player will do.

Your right and he play slow for a 1st round draft pict as a DE in every game he's every played.

Have you ever seen Long play.....................anyone who has is a lier if they say he's "fast " for a DE,,,,lol and we want to put him at OLB lol,,,,,,,,,,, nuts.

Your right and he play slow for a 1st round draft pict as a DE in every game he's every played.

Have you ever seen Long play.....................anyone who has is a lier if they say he's "fast " for a DE,,,,lol and we want to put him at OLB lol,,,,,,,,,,, nuts.
he might not be the fastest guy but he is always around the ball carrier, kind of like Zach Thomas is.

he might not be the fastest guy but he is always around the ball carrier, kind of like Zach Thomas is.

Lol he's not going to be playing in space like ZT.So this is how far it's gone.A guy has one good year in College and were compering him to a HOF guy lol ..................ok

Yes i do http://ballhype.com/story/relentless_lineman/

Also he go's on to say long is a force against the run,,,,,,,,,,, but thats going to be hard to do when he's playing off the bal at LOLB.

He also say Long is no LT, i'll have to dig that one up , give me a min

That story looks very similar to the one posted at NFL.com and was writen before Long did his workout at the combine.
Long add high effort to immense talent.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;js...0d5d806dd607&template=with-video&confirm=true
Even if he doesn't blow away talent-evaluators with his performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, he still will rank at or near the top of draft boards throughout the league. Simply put, the 6-foot-3, 272-pound Long is an excellent, all-around player.

"He's a tremendous run-down player," St. Louis Rams executive vice president of player personnel Bill Devaney said. "He's an effort pass rusher. Every play, you have to block him to death and if you let up, that's where he's going to get his sacks from."

Long reminds many league observers of his father, who was known for going full bore on every down during his sterling career with the Oakland Raiders. He also compares favorably with Seattle defensive end Patrick Kerney, whose 14.5 sacks ranked second in the NFL in 2007.

"Chris Long is just like Patrick (as a pass-rusher)," said Devaney, who was Atlanta's assistant general manager when Kerney played for the Falcons. "But against the run, (Long) will be a force."

How many of those OLB's are 270lbs. Not many. C.Long ran a great time in the 40. The OLB hes talking about are 230-250lbs, big difference.

Right now...the Dolphins have Taylor and Porter as OLB's...Torbor and Crowder as ILB's....Roth and Holliday as starting DE's....so where would C. Long or Gholston play?

a 4.68 is not bad at all for a 272 Lbs LB. That is actually really good.

Long ran a 4.68 and a 4.84 so too the NFL his time was 4.75.

I watch every game of his and at no point , no play ,did it look like he was running anything better then a 4.9 He plays slow.

Then he lost lbs so he run faster and thats why he didn't do the bench press, and thats the only way a guy like that looks slow on tape.

He runs a 4.75 my a$$ not on sundays and, only after his dad tells him to stop "working out" and start running.

Guys this is a good thread that was almost derailed by unneeded comments and a general lack of respect for the opinions of others. Please keep it on topic and polite. We have other forums if you prefer to be rude.

Thats a big difference on the football field. Long outweighed Vernon by like 4-7lbs. Not a big deal, and actually C.Long lost weight to around 266lbs. But, acknowledged he could easily lose a couple more pounds or gain weight to like 275lbs max. (Depending on his system) He lost weight to be flexible to teams on what he can do. Bottom line the man can run and I think hes a better athlete than your boy Vernon. Vernon to me is tight hipped and too muscle bound. Long is more flexible and more natural player on the field.

Back
Top Bottom