Lot of Coaching Jobs Open | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lot of Coaching Jobs Open

Haha...I was just going to post that Leach and Hill both pulled their names out of consideration.

I've heard Dennis Green to SDSU too. Who knows.

That would actually be a good hire for SDSU. I think Dennis Green could do a lot of good as a college HC.

That would actually be a good hire for SDSU. I think Dennis Green could do a lot of good as a college HC.

he was the guy that turned Northwestern respectable. Reason his name is being mentioned is because he is a professor at SDSU.

Looks like the Louisville job will open soon as Kragthorpe was told beat Rutgers or else. In 2 years he pretty much destroyed a program that John L Smith made respectable, and Bobby Patrino made into a contender. Louisville had/has A LOT more talent on their roster than what Kragthorpe has done with them.

Utah State names the Utah DC as their new coach. Not surprising as they want somebody that knows the state...

Toledo named Tim Beckam, the Okie State DC, HC. A bit puzzling hiring somebody not from the midwest.

Pat Hill and Mike Leach removed their names from the Washington HC search (1 day after Brian Kelly turned down the job). The Huskies will likely hire a top assistant from a West Coast team, leading candidates are Steve Sarkisian and Dwyane Walker.

Looks like Glenn Mason is headed to SDSU

Good call on Sarkisian. He took the job.

he was the guy that turned Northwestern respectable. Reason his name is being mentioned is because he is a professor at SDSU.

Looks like the Louisville job will open soon as Kragthorpe was told beat Rutgers or else. In 2 years he pretty much destroyed a program that John L Smith made respectable, and Bobby Patrino made into a contender. Louisville had/has A LOT more talent on their roster than what Kragthorpe has done with them.

It's amazing how far that program has fallen. They're absolutely terrible.

Green did a good job at Stanford. My grandpa knows his identical twin brother.

here are some more tidbits

Kragthorpe says he won't quit, but the university wants him gone, and they're prepared to fire the AD to get rid of Krag. The Cards hated how he kicked a lot of players off the team for supporting Patrino, and that he focused recruiting JUCO rather than High School. If/When Krag is fired, Louisville is expected to go after Tommy Tubberville.

Looks like Washington will name USC OC/QB coach, Steve Sarkisian as their new HC. A very good hire if true for several reasons. 1)The west coast was Sarkisian's specialty in recruiting (Kiffen took the Tennessee job because that was his area). 2)Sarkisian is credited with the development of Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, JD Booty, and Mark Sanchez and is also responsible for recruiting Aaron Corp and Matt Barkley to USC (both top QB prospects). 3)He recruited 3 of USC's top 4 RBs (only one he didn't get is McKnight) and 4)Very good playcaller that learned under Carrol and Norm Chow.

Scott Schafer, Michigan's DC, is a top candidate for the Miami OH job. If he leaves you will not see any Michigan fans shedding tears.

Reports are that Mississippi State is about to pull a huge coo and hire Boise State Head Coach Chris Peterson. If true a very good hire by the Bulldogs, but a questionable decision by Peterson. He has no ties to the south and will struggle recruiting at first, but he is a very creative coach that could make up for his team's lack of talent.

Also sounds like Mike Leach to Auburn

Last edited by a moderator:

Really? I did not know that. That's cool. Anyways, it would be funny while he was the SDSU coach he plays Cal and winds up losing to them. He could pull out this line again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY

SEC should have some good offenses if both Peterson and Leach make the jump over there.

Strange decision by Peterson. He's got it made up there. But I guess money talks.

thought I'd add a bit more depth on my thoughts of Locksley to New Mexico. Coach Lox is one of the better recruiters in the nation; he brought the Illini Juice Williams, Montez Wilson, Arrelious Benn, and Vontae Davis among others. The Lobos are traditionally a good program that has gone to a bowl game 6 of the last 7 years and they have very good facilities. This is not a bad job for a first time HC.

There was a rumor that Skip Holtz would take the Syracuse job, but nothing has come out of it. Ideally, Syracuse would have gotten Lox (who has a lot of ties to the MD/DC are which would have helped Cuse a lot) or Turner Gill (who coaches a New York team in Buffalo). It looks unlikely that Gill will get the Cuse job because both Miss State and Auburn are very interested in his services, and Gill is reportedly very interested in joining an SEC program.

Two names to watch for the Cuse that have recently gained some steam are Tim Howard (Harvard HC) and Jay Paterno (PSU's QB coach)

Interesting hire. At this point, I think Auburn would be damn foolish to pass up on Turner Gill.

same here.

Anyways, the Mullen hire comes from high praises from Urban Meyer. Mullen has been one of his top assistants since they were in Bowling Green(also was a GA at ND while Meyer was there), and has been big in recruiting several top offensive prospects to Meyer's teams in Florida. Mullen is a young coach (is turning 37 soon), and as mentioned as a good recruiting reputation. He also has 8 years in Meyer's offense.

The hire was made because Miss State has been able to put very good defenses on the field for the last several years, but have had atrocious offenses and offensive schemes. Mullen is given a lot of credit in the development of Josh Harris, Alex Smith, Chris Leak, and Tim Tebow in college and has spent the past 2 years coaching up 2 more elite prospects in Cam Newton and Jeff Brantley.

Give the Miss State coach credit, he went out and made a hire that actually makes sense. They needed somebody who could recruit and run an offense, and they got the right guy.

strong rumors going on right now that George O'Leary is getting the axe in UCF because of all the health problems his team has faced under his watch (and a general inconsistency). The rumor also states that Florida DC Charlie Strong could be named HC as early as Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom