Luck Says "Yes" to Martin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck Says "Yes" to Martin

Most on here still feel sorry for poor Richie and see Martin as the one at fault for being such a suitable receptacle to be bullied. I do not agree but I recognize that I'm in the minority. Martin, however, still has some value to the Dolphins. He was a legitimate 2nd round pick after a stellar college career, protecting the best young QB in the country. His first season in the NFL he had to learn a new position. He had to get a lot physically stronger and improve his technique. He had the misfortune to lose teammate Jake Long but then he got Richie Incognito as his O-line team leader who is clearly bipolar and maybe a sociopath who set about making Martin's life a total misery (Richie fined himself for mentally breaking Martin). Jmart also suffered from depression and he also had the misfortune to have Jim Turner as his O-line Coach who implemented a Judas code so that he could not speak up about his problems. He was lonely and didn't have any friends. After the cafeteria incident in which no one had the intelligence or initiative to try to resolve the matter on the spot, Martin left the facility and subsequently was effectively ostracized. The independent Ted Wells conducted a detailed investigation and found that there were issues associated with the culture and it lead to the O-line coach and Head Trainer getting fired.
He's still a 6'5" 312 OT. His depression can be easily fixed with the right medication and some genuine friendships. If he can overcome the perception of trying to exploit the situation and a likely addiction to drugs, some team could get a bargain. A second rounder talent with something to prove.
The irony is that we would probably be lucky to get a 6th round draft pick and a ham sandwich for him.
Andrew Luck knows he can play. Standing up for his friend Jonathan is actually a display of leadership.

Martin is absolutely terrible. What has luck seen that suggests any different?

1. I don't think we have to worry about this happening again, besides if a dude is not happy playing for the fins he should be able to leave, forcing him to stay and bring down the rest of the teams moral is just dumb and not how winning teams are formed.

2. My bad, I'll try to not assume understanding when I'm not being lucid.

Let me ask you a question , please answer , lets say after we draft all the players we have 1-7 in the draft , and lets say each and every one of them , is thinking the same thing , that we dont want to play for this Franchise , not saying it will / would happen , but lets say it did , and each and every player bucked on us , saying they dont want to play for the Fins , WOULD YOU JUST CUT THEM >???????? , Well here is my answer , once you made a commitment to our team and sign the dotted line ,YOUR ASS BELONGS TO THE Miami Dolphins , and from there on , until your contract is fullfilled we say what gose , NOT THE PLAYER , and just because you get pissed at a player on your team and walk out , dosent mean you can just go to another Team where say your best friend is playing , the team that drafted you Owns your rights , and if he didnt want to play for Miami he shouldnt have signed the contract , but theres alot of players on diffrent teams that dont like where they are at ,But its not there decesion where they will get to play thats why they are getting paid Millions , and as for Martin , he can take all the fits and tants he wants but i wouldnt let him walk just because his good buddy Luck is playing for the Colts and he wants to play with him , or , his Head Coach from college is now a a Head Coach in the Pros , and he wants to play there , ITS NOT UP TO MARTIN , BUT if a Team/Teams want him bad enough , they need to talk to the Miami Dolphins NOT Martin , because its not up to him where he plays and he can get pissed all he wants , if we can get a early 3rd , then i would do it , but no way i let him go for a 6th or 7th rd pk , i would rather keep him like Detroit did Barry Sanders , quote , you play for us , and show up for Tranning camp , exc... or we get a close pick for what we paid for you , or you can Retire , only way Martin can be traded is if Miami allows it and that would be the only way ........

dont care if luck says yes, let me know when their GM say yes

if the Colts give a 3rd-4th rounder for him i'm game. if not, sit on Martin's contract and force his hand.

No way they would do that. They just gave up their 1st rounder.

SF is the one with extra picks this year. I want SF to work with us. I would even trade down with them in the first if who we really want is gone, pick up a 2nd rounder and maybe a 7th and throw in Martin just to say thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

dont care if luck says yes, let me know when their GM say yes

yes but you couldnt ask for better advertising!

that bridge can't be rebuilt. Take what you can get for him and move on.

He will probably get luck killed anyhow.

Let me ask you a question , please answer , lets say after we draft all the players we have 1-7 in the draft , and lets say each and every one of them , is thinking the same thing , that we dont want to play for this Franchise , not saying it will / would happen , but lets say it did , and each and every player bucked on us , saying they dont want to play for the Fins , WOULD YOU JUST CUT THEM >???????? , Well here is my answer , once you made a commitment to our team and sign the dotted line ,YOUR ASS BELONGS TO THE Miami Dolphins , and from there on , until your contract is fullfilled we say what gose , NOT THE PLAYER , and just because you get pissed at a player on your team and walk out , dosent mean you can just go to another Team where say your best friend is playing , the team that drafted you Owns your rights , and if he didnt want to play for Miami he shouldnt have signed the contract , but theres alot of players on diffrent teams that dont like where they are at ,But its not there decesion where they will get to play thats why they are getting paid Millions , and as for Martin , he can take all the fits and tants he wants but i wouldnt let him walk just because his good buddy Luck is playing for the Colts and he wants to play with him , or , his Head Coach from college is now a a Head Coach in the Pros , and he wants to play there , ITS NOT UP TO MARTIN , BUT if a Team/Teams want him bad enough , they need to talk to the Miami Dolphins NOT Martin , because its not up to him where he plays and he can get pissed all he wants , if we can get a early 3rd , then i would do it , but no way i let him go for a 6th or 7th rd pk , i would rather keep him like Detroit did Barry Sanders , quote , you play for us , and show up for Tranning camp , exc... or we get a close pick for what we paid for you , or you can Retire , only way Martin can be traded is if Miami allows it and that would be the only way ........

I get what you're saying, but really dude if Martin or any of our other draft picks/ players don't want to be on our team so bad that they would go to the same lengths that Martin went to get out of Miami, then at some point you have to look at the management, coaches and owner and say wtf is it about our team culture that players hate. The martin situation is just one time happenstance, not chronic situation. That's why we should just let him go or try to trade him. There is no point in trying to punish a player that doesn't want to be here, by forcing him to stay. It's almost like if your wife wants a divorce after trying to work it out, and you refuse to cooperate. Ideally you want the best players and you want them to want to be here....Martin is neither at this point. Gotta cut his ass loose (Incognito, too) and make room for the next players...in short if your worried about this happening again, then the problem ain't the players, it's the management and forcing Martin to stay won't fix management. to me it's just a weird series of events that we need to move on from....

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but you couldnt ask for better advertising!

Not really he is his good friend from college. I have had friends who are terrible at sports but i want them on my team because they are my friends. When you have to take a roster spot away from a better player for a guy to be there just because he is a guys friend is far from a sure thing.

Back
Top Bottom