Major arrogance from some members | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major arrogance from some members

Cutch1295

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Last time I checked no one on this board is a GM, NFL Coach etc but to hear some of you spout off your opinions and worse yet degrade someones else's thoughts just makes me laugh. I don't claim to be an expert, I just like to read some of the discussions until some arrogant SOB behind a computer screen gets all fired up about someones remarks. Discussions and debates are great but if some of you were as knowledgeable as you think you wouldn't be in the profession you are you would be on Saban's staff.

Cutch1295 said:
Last time I checked no one on this board is a GM, NFL Coach etc but to hear some of you spout off your opinions and worse yet degrade someones else's thoughts just makes me laugh. I don't claim to be an expert, I just like to read some of the discussions until some arrogant SOB behind a computer screen gets all fired up about someones remarks. Discussions and debates are great but if some of you were as knowledgeable as you think you wouldn't be in the profession you are you would be on Saban's staff.

Have to agree with you Cutch

Cutch1295 said:

What if I am on Saban's staff? :evil:

Cutch1295 said:
Great post Brother! It is okay to disagree, however do it with respect to a fellow family member!:wink:

Cutch1295 said:

yeah, i used to love this site, but i rarely post anymore b/c of the guys that think they know it all b/c they have 100000 posts.....get a life!

john00agent said:
yeah, i used to love this site, but i rarely post anymore b/c of the guys that think they know it all b/c they have 100000 posts.....get a life!
24.00 get's youinto the VIP Forum! Great stuff, and very civil to one another. Just a thought Bro!:wink:

Cutch1295 said:

Join the VIP section...it's a totally different feel to it. Although even in there the Ricky Williams issue can push some buttons. :wink:

Welcome to the wonderful land of free speech.

No way around it.

You don't have to be a GM or work in professional sports to make observations and have discussions with people. Calling people arrogant who engage in disagreements makes no sense. Personal attacks are rather annoying and have no place here - that's why they're against the terms of use of this board. Disagreements themselves are fine, as long as people say "well, I don't think that's the way to go because of reasons X, Y, and Z," rather than saying "you're an idiot for thinking that." No messageboard anywhere has need of that.

Following this logic, you should append this to each message:

"The above opinions and comments are ultimately meaningless since they do not come from the staff or coaches of the Miami Dolphins organization. Ignore the bloviating, as the decisions made by the coaching staff are infallible."

I can't believe this. It seems to absolve the front office and staff from responsibility for bad decisions. With this logic, our opinions become meaningless and the messageboard itself really has no reason to exist. I happily bloviate about the Dolphins and their personnel moves, game play, and everything else because it's fun. While our discussions here might have ultimately zero effect on what happens on the field, that doesn't make us any less (or more) objectively correct.

I hear what you saying, but I feel thats what makes a forum. The differences of opinions. If everything was just neutral, just imagine what this forum will be like. Some post I like, some I don't, but I think it keeps the forums strong.

Back
Top Bottom