Major arrogance from some members | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major arrogance from some members

FLINTSILVER7 you completely missed the point that everyone else seems to have gotten. Re-read my thread.

I would like exceptions made to all posts where" Player X should switch to position Y" I cant stand that, and try my hardest to just ignore it...

Otherwise: We are all fin fans and ultimatly just want them to do good. And frankly thats all you need to respect somebody...

Yea, but some are just talking out of their "fantasies". They haven't really bothered themselves to think,"is this a realistic possibility?". They'll just start threads on a random thought.

Cutch1295 said:
FLINTSILVER7 you completely missed the point that everyone else seems to have gotten. Re-read my thread.

You didn't give any examples. I interpreted your post a certain way as it is most clearly stated. If you were trying to get across a specific point, then give me an example of what you mean.

There must be a post or thread you are referring to - something that spurred you to post this. Give me a link and I'll have a better idea of what you're getting at. It sounds to me like you're ultimately suggesting interpersonal conflict should not exist on these boards.

hdjetta6316 said:
I would like exceptions made to all posts where" Player X should switch to position Y" I cant stand that, and try my hardest to just ignore it...

Otherwise: We are all fin fans and ultimatly just want them to do good. And frankly thats all you need to respect somebody...

yep..some are just not realistic. But in the end your right...EVERYBODY's Watching on Sundays and rooting! Or at the Stadiums and being LOUD for the FIns. I gotta remember that more often..(members are dolfans...members are dolfans..members are dolfans..) cause if not::oldman:

As far as I could tell (and please correct me if this is wrong) the initial post in this thread primarily called for people to respect one another, whether or not they agree with their opinions 100%. The theme I took from it was that none of us is really a great expert on football, some of us imagine ourselves to be just that and we can all be civil with one another. Of course, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
24.00 get's youinto the VIP Forum! Great stuff, and very civil to one another. Just a thought Bro!:wink:

Yeah right, there are no arrogant know it alls in the VIP forum are there?:rolleyes2

I enjoy the forum and reading all of the opinions, even though some of them are obviously way, way out in left field. What I don't like are the "You're an idiot" posts or the angry, obscenity filter pushing diatribes. I love discussions of opinions from different points of view, but please people, try to actually be civil and educated in your posts.

flintsilver7 said:
You don't have to be a GM or work in professional sports to make observations and have discussions with people. Calling people arrogant who engage in disagreements makes no sense. Personal attacks are rather annoying and have no place here - that's why they're against the terms of use of this board. Disagreements themselves are fine, as long as people say "well, I don't think that's the way to go because of reasons X, Y, and Z," rather than saying "you're an idiot for thinking that." No messageboard anywhere has need of that.

Following this logic, you should append this to each message:

"The above opinions and comments are ultimately meaningless since they do not come from the staff or coaches of the Miami Dolphins organization. Ignore the bloviating, as the decisions made by the coaching staff are infallible."

I can't believe this. It seems to absolve the front office and staff from responsibility for bad decisions. With this logic, our opinions become meaningless and the messageboard itself really has no reason to exist. I happily bloviate about the Dolphins and their personnel moves, game play, and everything else because it's fun. While our discussions here might have ultimately zero effect on what happens on the field, that doesn't make us any less (or more) objectively correct.

I agree with this...

Although I understand what the original poster is preaching, I find this topic just as pointless as what he deems to be pointless. Forums are and always will be opinionated and, at times, there will be posts that don't seem logical. Not everyone is cut from the same mold and therefore there will be different perspectives addressed in many topics. It is the blood that keeps the "FinHeaven" heart pumping. Just remember... you need not read every outlandish post you see.

BlueFin said:
Yeah right, there are no arrogant know it alls in the VIP forum are there?:rolleyes2
How would you know that? who are your sources??

:link:

:tongue:

BlueFin said:
It is a more relaxed atmosphere. There maybe some that think they know more then others, however we try to communicate, along with debate, and discuss our differences. Why don't you join, and experience it for yourself first hand?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom