Major arrogance from some members | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major arrogance from some members

Cutch1295 said:
Last time I checked no one on this board is a GM, NFL Coach etc but to hear some of you spout off your opinions and worse yet degrade someones else's thoughts just makes me laugh. I don't claim to be an expert, I just like to read some of the discussions until some arrogant SOB behind a computer screen gets all fired up about someones remarks. Discussions and debates are great but if some of you were as knowledgeable as you think you wouldn't be in the profession you are you would be on Saban's staff.

There are many posters that generate good posts and well thought out points.

Unfortunately there are plenty of posts that border on the edge (putting it nicely) of being assinine. I have no problem with people pointing out just how rediculous some posts are.

Philter25 said:
Madden ruined some peoples concepts of how football really works.

:lol:

How true is that!

I don't know how many posts I've seen referencing a players ratings on Madden as scouting tools.
Lets not even get into all the crazy trade ideas it generates.
Friggin hilarious.

WharfRat said:
truthfull about what?
have you been in there recently? :confused:

No I havent been in there, but Im not blind and I can see the "VIP tag" under some peoples names who I consider to be the "know it all" type. Im not making this post in a negative way, and I didnt take BlueFin's in a negative way either, but sometimes some people dont realize that they might come off as that type. Its human nature and socially normal for people to perceive things differently, especially when posting on a message board. Therefore I dont think he was being negative and therefore probably truthful in his post.

I consider myself to be pretty well educated about how the NFL works but however I know there are more knowledgeable people on this site who's opinions I value and like to learn from. However that isnt always the case with people. I will use the salary cap as an example........ I have seen numerous "arragant know it all posts" about cutting or trading a player that if they knew anything about the salary cap, they would realize their idea was absolutely horrible. The person who made the post, not knowing much about the salary cap, feels very confident in his idea because based on his background knowledge, he thinks its an excellent idea because he isnt aware of certain salary cap principles.

Another example I have seen posted by a few VIP members are ridiculous trade ideas, suggesting players on this team change position, and posts in the draft forum where if they had more background knowledge on certain things, they would see how ridiculous their suggestion really was.

I have even see a few posts where people have posted very strongly towards a certain college football player, which Im sure their posts came off as a know-it-all type, and then admitted a few posts later that they dont watch much college football. :lol:

Those are just a small handful of examples where a post by a person can be perceived as coming off as the "arragant know it all" type.

Therefore, I think its truthful to say that there are at least a handful of the "arrogant know it all types" in the VIP section.

Heck, Im sure after I made fun of a few posts and ripped apart a few trade ideas or based someone for knowing nothing about the salary cap, there has to be at least one member on here that views me as the arragant know-it-all type.

Philter25 said:
No I havent been in there, but Im not blind and I can see the "VIP tag" under some peoples names who I consider to be the "know it all" type. Im not making this post in a negative way, and I didnt take BlueFin's in a negative way either, but sometimes some people dont realize that they might come off as that type. Its human nature and socially normal for people to perceive things differently, especially when posting on a message board. Therefore I dont think he was being negative and therefore probably truthful in his post.

I consider myself to be pretty well educated about how the NFL works but however I know there are more knowledgeable people on this site who's opinions I value and like to learn from. However that isnt always the case with people. I will use the salary cap as an example........ I have seen numerous "arragant know it all posts" about cutting or trading a player that if they knew anything about the salary cap, they would realize their idea was absolutely horrible. The person who made the post, not knowing much about the salary cap, feels very confident in his idea because based on his background knowledge, he thinks its an excellent idea because he isnt aware of certain salary cap principles.

Another example I have seen posted by a few VIP members are ridiculous trade ideas, suggesting players on this team change position, and posts in the draft forum where if they had more background knowledge on certain things, they would see how ridiculous their suggestion really was.

Those are just a small handful of examples where a post by a person can be perceived as coming off as the "arragant know it all" type.

Therefore, I think its truthful to say that there are at least a handful of the "arrogant know it all types" in the VIP section.

Heck, Im sure after I made fun of a few posts and ripped apart a few trade ideas or based someone for knowing nothing about the salary cap, there has to be at least one member on here that views me as the arragant know-it-all type.

duly noted... but remember that in any population, there will be those who think they know more than they do...
however... the atmosphere in VIP is much more relaxed, and you have all but zero useless threads. there is much less of what you and cutch are describing in there....that was the point :wink:

Im sure you are correct and I wouldnt debate that at all. Im sure eliminating most of the "fluff" posts was why the VIP was created. And I completely agree that in ANY population there are always those people. :yes:

However that doesnt mean that there arent any know-it-alls in the VIP section, thats why I dont think BlueFin was being negative at all, just truthful based on posts made by certain people he might perceive to be know-it-alls that can be seen by everyone in every forum.

Philter25 said:

I have even see a few posts where people have posted very strongly towards a certain college football player, which Im sure their posts came off as a know-it-all type, and then admitted a few posts later that they dont watch much college football. :lol:

Brother thanks for sharing! I don't look at the badges, I get to know and appreciate the person I am talking to. I try to appreciate all members of the family. I also try to keep the peace, and the respect as I see it. I am not a Mod, however I am a proud member of the family. :wink:

Cutch1295 said:
Last time I checked no one on this board is a GM, NFL Coach etc but to hear some of you spout off your opinions and worse yet degrade someones else's thoughts just makes me laugh. I don't claim to be an expert, I just like to read some of the discussions until some arrogant SOB behind a computer screen gets all fired up about someones remarks. Discussions and debates are great but if some of you were as knowledgeable as you think you wouldn't be in the profession you are you would be on Saban's staff.

Your problem is that your taking it all on a personal level. It's a natural feeling and from my experience, the only way to ignore it is to laugh at the arrogant people. I laugh at myself all of the time.

Laughing at the people that think they know but have no idea what they are saying and are being completely illogical does wonders for the stress level.

Give the arrogance back to 'em if you know you're right jsut don;t insult them and you'll be good to go.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Brother thanks for sharing! I don't look at the badges, I get to know and appreciate the person I am talking to. I try to appreciate all members of the family. I also try to keep the peace, and the respect as I see it. I am not a Mod, however I am a proud member of the family. :wink:

Woah man..

Your are wwwaaaaayy too loving. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, I just cringe when I read it sometimes.:)

BlueFin said:
Yeah right, there are no arrogant know it alls in the VIP forum are there?:rolleyes2

There are plenty. It's more respectful in there though and much less filth.

Most people in there realize that there is someone more knowledgeable than them (gasp!) about a given subject and they live with it and post in a civil way.

FiN.in.RI said:
Woah man..

Your are wwwaaaaayy too loving. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, I just cringe when I read it sometimes.:)
Bro I just look at it this way, we are family and we should treat each other the way we would want to get treated. Life is way to short to be arrogant or bitter. I think that sometimes as a family we lose site of that just like Cutch1295 here is saying. That taste takes away from the Family atmosphere that Finheaven is all about!:wink: I learn stuff, and make new friendships here everyday.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bro I just look at it this way, we are family and we should treat each other the way we would want to get treated. Life is way to short to be arrogant or bitter. I think that sometimes as a family we lose site of that just like Cutch1295 here is saying. That taste takes away from the Family atmosphere that Finheaven is all about!:wink: I learn stuff, and make new friendships here everyday.:wink:

You're a good soul FFiC.. One of a kind, man..

Cheers

FiN.in.RI said:
There are plenty. It's more respectful in there though and much less filth.

Most people in there realize that there is someone more knowledgeable than them (gasp!) about a given subject and they live with it and post in a civil way.
I think that the longer people are on a MB posting their thoughts, the more they get to see that they're not always right.

THAT'S when they start acting normal and stop all the senseless arguing about somebody elses opinion.

I call it cyber-turity.

Back
Top Bottom