Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

belichick is a hell of a coach...there's no doubt having brady is a big help...belis not a great draft evaluator that's for sure and thank god for that but the guys a master at identfying weaknesses in the opposition and attacking them...beli exposes weaknesses in teams...

he's also a master motivator...that teams always prepared

lastly he's also a bit of a cheat...he'll cheat in a heartbeat to get an advantage

How can you get a "gut feeling" on someone without, I dunno, ever meeting them?

You're just as likely to get a gut feeling about the way the media portrays them.

I wouldn't dream of "knowing as much about football" as some of the people on this site, but one thing I know
is people. I honestly think this guy is all about the money, and if the Steelers let him go, that will solidify my
opinion. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but once you do, you owe something to the person
that paid you. I don't think this guy has any conception what that is all about.

It's nothing substantial, and nothing that I can put a finger on. It's just a feeling that I've been going on my
whole life, and still do to this day. I think Wallace is a mistake.

I bow to those that know more about football than me. The same people that stomped a mudhole in me when
I went left about two ST *12 man* penalties during the Cardinals game way back when, and I was told the "Trifecta"
and a "Three Year Plan" was going to save us, and it became plainly obvious, that wasn't the case.

Sorry. Sometimes, I just get a gut feeling, and most times it's right.

I completely understand your concern about the potential for Wallace looking for his "pay day" and then not earning his paycheck on the field. That being said, football is a vicious sport and countless are the stories of guys playing at a high level but getting paid at a below market price and then getting injured. As a result, they never have their big pay day because football is a business first for both owners and players. Wallace isn't the first player to hold out in hopes of getting his big payday. I feel he's earned it. To make things worse, Antonio Brown got his "pay day" and you could argue that if it wasn't for Wallace, he never gets it.

I am biased because I really want Wallace. His skill set will make the other WR's on our team much better like it has for Antonio Brown. I'm tired of fielding a team of possession WR and only running 8 yd routes. If we sign Wallace, re-sign Hartline, and add a seam threat at TE, the middle of the field will be open all day for the others to make plays. Jennings is the safe pick but let's go for the home run!

I am still not sure if Mike Wallace's talents fit with RT's skill set. He is a game changer, but I am not sure if it is a great fit. Might be, but I am still not sure.

I am still not sure if Mike Wallace's talents fit with RT's skill set. He is a game changer, but I am not sure if it is a great fit. Might be, but I am still not sure.

I just keep envisioning us running some WR screens, end arounds, slants and some passes 20+ yards down the field but instead of having Bess, Hartline, or Moore getting tackled by some LB after a 4 yd gain or having the play have no chance, we'd have Wallace who could take it to the house on any play. That gets me excited!

I think Wallace will keep a D honest and help us stretch the field. If he gets enough separation often then I wwould hope Ryan's skill sets can adapt to incorporate him. I'd be happy with either him or Jennings.

How can you get a "gut feeling" on someone without, I dunno, ever meeting them?

You're just as likely to get a gut feeling about the way the media portrays them.

Same way you get a "Gut" feeling about a team that can't turn over special teams the right way.

East Carteret HS had more discipline than the Dolphins.

You see a symptom, and the symtom generally leads to the disease.

I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that you're dealing with a situation where you don't have accurate facts. You don't know Wallace, you only know of him what you are shown by the media.

I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that you're dealing with a situation where you don't have accurate facts. You don't know Wallace, you only know of him what you are shown by the media.
Certainly.

You understand, you are going on the same facts, right?

You understand that unless you are his brain, we both can't be sure.
Your conclusions are as accurate as mine.

After watching the Patriots vs. The Ravens last night it's clear to me that they need a vertical threat at the receiver position. Wallace is going to be a Patriot next season!

I think he'd be a nice fit here. He may not be Jerry Rice but he has pretty good route running. And his speed opens up his route tree. If our offense is supposed to take advantage of YAC I don't see why one of the fastest receivers in the nfl wouldn't fit here.

The only reason I'd be skeptical of him coming here would be what Goon said, that he may not be motivated once he gets that contract. There was an article of him saying the reason for his drops was because he wasn't focused. He better be damn focused once he gets that contract though.

Back
Top Bottom