Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

Would there be more value in going after Jennings and Bowe and probably pay a little more combined that you would as a whole for Wallace? Will be interesting to see this thing play out.

Speed on the outside... and speed that is actually a threat to catch the ball and make a play will have an immediate impact on this offense.

By "a little more" you mean 90% more, right?

Wallace -> 12 mil a year
Bowe -> 10/11 mil a year (also, very unlikely he leaves KC now with the new GM)
Jennings -> 8/9 mil a year.

So, 12 mil a year vs 18-20 mil a year?

wallace will end up a cowboy, jerry jones will overpay anyone. Steve ross wont even think of gettin in a bidding war with jerry cause he would lose.

wallace will end up a cowboy, jerry jones will overpay anyone. Steve ross wont even think of gettin in a bidding war with jerry cause he would lose.

You're probably right, but Ross does have more money than Jones.

No there is an excuse and his name is Greg Jennings. Im not saying I want Jennings but I believe he will be offered a contract before Wallace IMO. If Wallace is not a Fin its because Jenning's is.

I have no problem with Greg Jennings, I'd love to have him. I'd just prefer Wallace because of his speed and his ability to get over the top, plus Wallace is a little younger. But I certainly won't bitch if we sign Jennings.

I have no problem with Greg Jennings, I'd love to have him. I'd just prefer Wallace because of his speed and his ability to get over the top, plus Wallace is a little younger. But I certainly won't bitch if we sign Jennings.

I agree with you. I am very intrigued by Wallace and what his speed would add to our offense but I just have the feeling he wont even be brought in. I think they are locked in on Jennings and will do what ever they have to sign him.

i don't understand the wallace doesn't fit tannehills skill set talk...kind of baffles me really...tannehill can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash can throw the deep out and hits hartline routinely on routes where he drives on the corner forcing the corner to open his hips and transition into his pedal before gearing down and turning into a dart on the outside...add in those 2 wr sets we love to run vertical pa off with hartline and bess and substitute a clean release wallace in one of those slots and you will have safeties and dbs scared to death of getting beat over the top opening up more space in base set run plays and allowing you to bang them off pa vertical with more efficiency...

i also don't agree with any tannehill can't throw the ball deep stuff...that's not what i saw this year...mike wallace would do murder in pa would bang the opposition for chunk yardage on comebacks and deep outs and catch quick slants screens and posts with more big play ability than anyone we have on the roster...

design ways to get wallace clean releases off the los either by motion or by stacking the wrs etc and he'll do murder...and when teams do try to press him he's so quick and explosive they usually go to press bail and he gets into his route and off the los efficiently...

100 percent true.

Thanks, hooshoops.

GREAT post -- and what Wallace brings to the table is rare for a team. RARE. And RT's throws that are incompletions for scrubs like Hartline, Bess and Co. would be TDs and long gainers w. Wallace.

LD

Ah setting yourself up to be angry at jeff if we pay wallace, and if we don't pay wallace. Very Mando-like.

While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.​

While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.​

Well the Steelers lost two starting offensive lineman and Big Ben missed some games and when he did play he was not 100%.

Do you think the Bears thought that since Miami's offense sucked that they should not sign Brandon Marshall?

Ah setting yourself up to be angry at jeff if we pay wallace, and if we don't pay wallace. Very Mando-like.

We could sign Jennings Wallace Bowe Bush Hartline Keller and Cook all for the league minimum wage this summer and some people would still attack Ireland.

Well the Steelers lost two starting offensive lineman and Big Ben missed some games and when he did play he was not 100%.

Do you think the Bears thought that since Miami's offense sucked that they should not sign Brandon Marshall?

Good excuse for 2012, but the Steelers offense sucked the year before also.

And the Marshall signing didn't really improve their offense, you are proving my point.

Good excuse for 2012, but the Steelers offense sucked the year before also.

And the Marshall signing didn't really improve their offense, you are proving my point.

Cutler had a bad year and was injured after a concussion. And it doesn't help that the Bears had one of the worst Offensive Coordinators in the nfl with Mike Tice. And the fact that the Bears had the worst Oline in the nfl and most injury plagued Oline in the nfl doesn't really help the Bears any.

And I don't think you can say Marshall didn't improve the Bears offense since he did demand double teams constantly, the Bears just didn't have anybody else to throw to, Knox was out for the season, Hester sucks, and Jeffery was inconsistent and injured throughout the year. Their next best receiver was Forte who was also injured for a good part of the year.

We could sign Jennings Wallace Bowe Bush Hartline Keller and Cook all for the league minimum wage this summer and some people would still attack Ireland.

Yea how dare we not like a gm that has built a team that hasnt had a winning season in the last 4 years, how irrational

Back
Top Bottom