Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

I'm not nearly the Mike Wallace fan that others are around here - maybe I just haven't seen him enough. What I have seen is tremendous speed and ability to blow out the top of just about any defense. What I haven't seen is consistent crisp routes, great hands, the ability to win balls and play physical. Don't get me wrong - he would be the best receiver on our team by a fair margin just on physical ability alone, but $12M+ a year for a one-dimensional player (yes, I know it's a great dimension, but still) is just too much. You add in the fact that he didn't win a lot of fans in Pittsburgh with his attitude and work ethic (and no one there is sad to see him go) and I say we go with Jennings and the draft to fill the WR position.

Can we please stop calling him one dimensional? It's been proven again, and again, and again that it's simply not true.

Yea how dare we not like a gm that has built a team that hasnt had a winning season in the last 4 years, how irrational

There you have it folks. Point proven. As we all know, its a scientific fact that all that matters is the GM. Not the coach, not the scheme, not the player development. It's the GM.

There you have it folks. Point proven. As we all know, its a scientific fact that all that matters is the GM. Not the coach, not the scheme, not the player development. It's the GM.
Absolutely not true! all that matters is keeping the team and stadium the same, stop hosting super bowls stop trying to market the team, fire the owner, the gm, the gm's assistant, (well anyone who was here with parcell's)... and then maybe when the dolphins have a completely different front office in LA... the fans of the dolphins erm the team formerly known as the dolphins ... will finally be happy.

The way people bitch about Ireland I'm convinced that if he made all the moves Belichick typically does, they'd complain.

Trades a bottom 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder? OH WAY TO SCREW UP THE PRESENT IRELAND.
Drafts TE with injury issues out of college? THANKS FIRELAND. HE'S OUT OF THE LEAGUE NEXT WEEK.

I mean, the guy is not perfect, but if you can't sincerely see that he drafts based on coaching input, then you're blind. Sparano is a power run guy who wanted muscle over speed. LOOK AT THOSE DRAFTS.

Now look at last years. If you don't see a noticeable difference with a lot more emphasis on a different mantra of guy, then you're dishonest or you aren't looking. Give the guy time with Philbin. Sparano was clearly a loser (ask the Jets) so maybe, just maybe, there's a variable outside of Jeff Ireland? If you take away that freak season with the wildcat and Chad Pennington, Sparano had a miserable run as a head coach. His system did. not. work. Philbin's newly installed system, run on the back of a rookie QB, cast off RB, a white possession receiver and stud DE, showed serious signs of improvement.

I think he's earned a season to prove he knows where he's going. It's like a ship. You can't change course immediately like a jetski. If you're going to have a long lasting pleasure cruise (multiple playoffs, etc) then you have to take the long route. If you want immediate results that fade out, like 2008, by all means. Not for me, though.

The way people bitch about Ireland I'm convinced that if he made all the moves Belichick typically does, they'd complain.

Trades a bottom 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder? OH WAY TO SCREW UP THE PRESENT IRELAND.
Drafts TE with injury issues out of college? THANKS FIRELAND. HE'S OUT OF THE LEAGUE NEXT WEEK.

I mean, the guy is not perfect, but if you can't sincerely see that he drafts based on coaching input, then you're blind. Sparano is a power run guy who wanted muscle over speed. LOOK AT THOSE DRAFTS.

Now look at last years. If you don't see a noticeable difference with a lot more emphasis on a different mantra of guy, then you're dishonest or you aren't looking. Give the guy time with Philbin. Sparano was clearly a loser (ask the Jets) so maybe, just maybe, there's a variable outside of Jeff Ireland? If you take away that freak season with the wildcat and Chad Pennington, Sparano had a miserable run as a head coach. His system did. not. work. Philbin's newly installed system, run on the back of a rookie QB, cast off RB, a white possession receiver and stud DE, showed serious signs of improvement.

I think he's earned a season to prove he knows where he's going. It's like a ship. You can't change course immediately like a jetski. If you're going to have a long lasting pleasure cruise (multiple playoffs, etc) then you have to take the long route. If you want immediate results that fade out, like 2008, by all means. Not for me, though.

You're right, he isn't perfect. He's not even above average. Belichick gets away with mistakes because has and does win. I must have missed the part where Ireland built a team that has won three Super Bowls. I must have missed the part where Ireland has built a team that had more than one winning season. Ireland has overseen the worst period in franchise history.

Also, when did this happen? I remember him trading a former first rounder for a bottom second rounder, not the other way around.

Also, when did this happen? I remember him trading a former first rounder for a bottom second rounder, not the other way around.

If you'll notice, they were hypothetical situations, based on what Belichick has done. Come on now man.

And Belichick had Tom Brady fall into his lap. He's a good coach, but we can stop pretending he's a master at the draft. He's drafted more than his fair share of mega busts.

If you'll notice, they were hypothetical situations, based on what Belichick has done. Come on now man.

And Belichick had Tom Brady fall into his lap. He's a good coach, but we can stop pretending he's a master at the draft. He's drafted more than his fair share of mega busts.

Ok, I misread that. I appologize.

Why not Goon

I wouldn't dream of "knowing as much about football" as some of the people on this site, but one thing I know
is people. I honestly think this guy is all about the money, and if the Steelers let him go, that will solidify my
opinion. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but once you do, you owe something to the person
that paid you. I don't think this guy has any conception what that is all about.

It's nothing substantial, and nothing that I can put a finger on. It's just a feeling that I've been going on my
whole life, and still do to this day. I think Wallace is a mistake.

I bow to those that know more about football than me. The same people that stomped a mudhole in me when
I went left about two ST *12 man* penalties during the Cardinals game way back when, and I was told the "Trifecta"
and a "Three Year Plan" was going to save us, and it became plainly obvious, that wasn't the case.

Sorry. Sometimes, I just get a gut feeling, and most times it's right.

Back
Top Bottom