Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

It's insane how db's back off him nearly ten yars right before the snap and still he chews 'em up, hopefully he has that speed and acceleration for years to come if you're the team signing him.

I think this is all academic cause I don't believe we'll even offer him a contract. People like to assume we're going after every top free agent but for the most part we don't. I believe if we get someone it'll be Jennings as long as his price is right. They want to use the draft to build the team and I can't blame them there but we still; need to use free agency too. Wallace will price himself out of our range imo.

Ozzy rules!!

the other part of this is i don't see much true vertical over the top burner day 1 impact in this wr draft class...i don't see a mike wallace...there's a lot of things that can help you in this wr class but i don't know that there's what wallace offers...

so you'd be getting a proven nfl player in his prime who may still have upside to fill a need you drafted clyde gates for last year and failed with...seems like the kind of thing ireland would back...but again all that "i won't overpay" stuff...ok...and you won't get mike wallace jeff...so nut up

if jeffs looking for a better "bargain" he can probably land a older player like greg jennings for around $8 mil per...

I suppose Wallace is the sort of player to put bums on seats and help make the team relevant again. Jennings is a big name as well but I can see how a player like Wallace would go down in South Florida.

frankly i'll take either one wallace or jennings...i'm tired of bad decisions at wr and trying to make chicken salad with chicken **** and i don't trust ireland to land a high end wr talent to begin with in the draft plus you have to wait on a lot of wrs in the draft takes a while to make the transition to the pro game...

wallace just has more shelf life and his skill set imo is harder to find...i think sherman would prefer wallace and philbin jennings... either one would be a godsend

Im straight up 50/50 on Wallace. I have such a nasty feeling he doesn't have that internal fire.

Wallace is absolutely the guy jeff wants. And the "don't want to overpay" card is just that, a starting point. Jeff will make this guy an offer he can't refuse.

I don't think we have too many franchise players," Colbert said bluntly.

Does that quote scare or at least give anyone else pause. One thing I know is the steelers know how to draft and they cut ties with players with the best of them. I have a close friend/co-worker from Pittsburgh and she is a rabid fan. You should hear how she talks about the steeler players (even Ben....maybe their spoiled) that we would kill for. Her attitude is get somebody else... we will not over pay you. Go somewhere else and you'll wish you were back in steeler country. I kinda of wish we could be more like that.

There is absolutely no excuse if Mike Wallace is not wearing a Dolphins uniform next year.

I am not sure if Wallace fits with RT's skill set

Wallace has been my choice from day 1. I get to watch a lot of Steelers games and he is the real deal.

top guys always get overpai in free agency...wallace is one guy that is in his prime and a legitimate playmaker...barring injury you are getting that level impact for the next 5 years or the length of the contract provided he stays motivated...i know one thing when nfl gms and scouts put on some of that all 22 view coaches tape and see just how rediculously fast that kid gets on top of dbs and eats up cushions and then just blows by people they are gonna be salivating...add in for his size he's tougher than he looks and his route running on the routes he does run is pretty solid for a burner and i think he's gonna have quite a market...

unless some things surface about him being a bad soldier...still that tape is SCARY...most explosive vertical blow by wr in football...

if i need a burner to keep defenses honest and make plays over the top he's worth it to me...and miami needs that some kind of bad to run shermans vertical passing o...again though he's played for peanuts the last 2 years if you don't come correct with the money he's not ever visiting your facility...ireland better come correct if he wants to be in on this

He is very well known as a head case in NFL circles.

Back
Top Bottom