Mando: Stephen Morris, UofM QB On Phins Radar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Stephen Morris, UofM QB On Phins Radar

Dude was a monster his JR year but was hurt literally the whole season last year. His mechanics were garbage cause he couldn't put weight on one of his feet.

On another note - everyone loves Pat Devlin for some reason but he was a joke in college...much worse than Morris.not sure where all the hate stems from.

Never improved while at Miami. Udfa maybe, but I think we can do better at developmental qb.

Dude was a monster his JR year but was hurt literally the whole season last year. His mechanics were garbage cause he couldn't put weight on one of his feet.

On another note - everyone loves Pat Devlin for some reason but he was a joke in college...much worse than Morris.not sure where all the hate stems from.

I'll take it a step further. Statistically he was comparable to Ryan Tannehill in college. A few points lower in completion % but much higher YPC, fewer interceptions, a greater TD rate, and a higher QB rating. Not that I think Morris is anywhere close to Tannehill as a QB, but his reputation isn't exactly accurate.

Just an observation but Miami has spent time looking at and meeting with Logan Thomas and Stephen Morris. Both guys very athletic, both guys spin the ball extremely well, and both guys had at least one good year in college but for whatever reason tailed off. Thomas was thought to be the next Cam Newton after his freshman year and Morris was being forecasted as a second round pick after his junior year. Maybe it also means Tannehill is going to be a bit more active so if he goes down they want a back-up with similar skill sets.

I have no issue with taking either as a late round or UDFA as a projects as both guys have more than enough physical skills, but do they have it between the ears?

This is called farming views lol we did this with the um punter (and loads of the team) and somehow I suspect fields is safe and I see no story

The punter (Pat O'Donnell) and Brandon Linder are the two best pro prospects coming out of Miami this year. No thanks to Morris or Seantrel Henderson.

The punter (Pat O'Donnell) and Brandon Linder are the two best pro prospects coming out of Miami this year. No thanks to Morris or Seantrel Henderson.

Morris and Henderson are 2 players that are high reward, very very high risk prospects. As far as physical talent, they both have that! Now, do they have the mental aspect that would warrant spending a late pick on them? That's a difficult question to answer. If they develop mentally, and have no injury set back, I believe that they both have the physical abilities to play at the next level.

I saw a few um games last year thought the offense was dreadful - matching the qb play

Not interested in the slightest

Morris would be fine as a late round developmental QB. Far better than our current competition for #3.

I saw a few um games last year thought the offense was dreadful - matching the qb play

Not interested in the slightest

i saw every UM game Morris played in and agree with your assessment.

Morris would be fine as a late round developmental QB. Far better than our current competition for #3.

Actually, if a 2nd tier QB like Murray because of his height, Savage or McCarron fell into the 4th round, if we're going that route at all, I'd much prefer spending that 4th on them than a 6th or 7th on on the likes of a Morris. Now bringing him in at marginal expense as a UFA, I grant you is a different and preferable option for someone like him.... although we could still do better

i saw every UM game Morris played in and agree with your assessment.

Joe Rose got me quite looking forward to the UM v Florida game - it was like 2 offences trying to prove they were the worst in college football.

That game in particular was brutal imo. Morris was dire in it but was an all pro compared to Driskel

Actually, if a 2nd tier QB like Murray because of his height, Savage or McCarron fell into the 4th round, if we're going that route at all, I'd much prefer spending that 4th on them than a 6th or 7th on on the likes of a Morris. Now bringing him in at marginal expense as a UFA, I grant you is a different and preferable option for someone like him.... although we could still do better

i like Aaron Murray. Not the biggest arm or prototypical size but great football smarts .

Back
Top Bottom