''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said.

yankeehillbilly said:
Write your congressman. Start a crusade (or join the existing one) to legalize marijuana. When pot is no longer illegal then I would agree that the NFL should stop testing for it. But, until then, marijuana is classified as a controlled substance, illegal to possess or distribute and the NFL has every right to attempt to make sure its employees are not involved with it. And, if you didnt know, the NFL does test for cocaine, heroin, and steriods.

Well first of all, yes i know that the nfl test for other drugs than weed. Second what i was saying is that weed is a just not that potent of a drug. I have drunk and smoke and i believe drinking is actually worse than weed. Another thing is i know that weed is illegal but it is stupid. You get into more trouble with alcohol than you do with weed and alcohol is legal. The majority of the people in sports today smoke and drink anyway. We can all sit here and say 'how do you know what they do father' but in reality we know the truth. Pro atheletes are going to drink and smoke and there is no stopping it. So why not legalize it???

Peebs said:
oh geez, I guess we can tell who is and isn't high around here...

AGAIN FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME from the same damn quote I keep quoting. This time pay attention CAREFULLY.

Why am I debating with an 18 year old? :shakeno:

and "A brownlamp" at most other sites I post at, poking fun (or pointing out) other posters typographical errors OR bad spelling is against the TOS.
You're hopeless. Answer me this, how many people die a year from tobacco? how many people die a year from smoking marijuana? Here, I'll answer that for you. Tobacco - 435,000 Marijuana - 0 Even 7600 people overdose on Aspirin a year.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

Meatwad said:
You're hopeless. Answer me this, how many people die a year from tobacco? how many people die a year from smoking marijuana? Here, I'll answer that for you. Tobacco - 435,000 Marijuana - 0 Even 7600 people overdose on Aspirin a year.

:roflmao:

OMG! Your kidding right?
How many oncolgists do you know?

I'm still laughing.

Peebs said:

OMG! Your kidding right?
How many oncolgists do you know?

I'm still laughing.

Ok. So me making fun of your English is against TOS. But this isn't. Please tell me how that makes sense....

By the way it's "you're" not "your"

Meatwad said:

this is a poor example my friend....

tobacco users (overwhelming majority of which are cigarette smokers) are smokers who consume a lot more carcinogens daily than marijuana users... even the most frequent marijuana users might be once or twice a day. Some hard core cigarette smokers can smoke up to two packs a day. So, even though cigarettes yield less pollutants, people smoke more of them. To top that off there are millions MORE tobacco users than marijuana users..... so you have a poor comparison simply of ratio of users here.

Marijuana is simply worse for you than cigarettes. Nobody smokes it more though, so its not perceived as bad.

another point - you say no one dies from smoking marijuana - aside from my case i just made, you are excluding the people that have died from being under the influence of marijuana. I've had two friends die from such incidents, and having impaired judgement due to being under the influence of a controlled substance was the reason. argue that all you want, but this is the truth i have seen with my own eyes on my own friends. Who's not to say how many other people this has happened too.

Point 3 - marijuana is already legal in Amsterdam. Two things about this: if you love it so much that it affects your daily decisions, feel free to move there and enjoy it. Second thing - I have been there and have seen first hand how this drug has ruined that society and polluted the streets and museums. Its sad to be standing in the Museum of History of the Netherlands and not be able to be in any room or exhibit without the pungent aroma of marijuana. The whole city reeks of it, and quite frankly it gets old. At first glance Amsterdam sounds like a weed lovers paradise, but trust me, it tires quickly.

If marijuana was legal here can you imagine what it would do to our landscape/image/cities? As "cool" as it may be to appear on the pro-weed side of the arguement, it just doesn't make sense in more ways than one. You can still smoke it if you want to now, so leave it at that. If it was so great and harmless as a lot of you like to think it is, use your brain - it would be legal already. Don'tcha think the government would LOVE to tax the hell out of it and make more money - but they don't b/c it is really a lot worse than it is made out to be.

Being a plant from the ground does not mean its good for you or harmless. There are plenty of poisonous berries that you don't go around picking and eating, and they come from the ground. The "just a plant" arguement is lame and would even be considered so by anyone at High Times.

Comparisons to alcohol are apples to oranges. Keep in mind alcohol is a centuries-old legalized substance. When prohibition was attempted, it resulted in chaos and more crime than when it was legal. Marijuana was late to the game, only introduced recently to the US. By now its too late. We can not legalize marijuana just like we cannot outlaw liquor.

Whats the difference anyway? If you want to smoke weed, you can anyway. so who cares? its YOUR decision, and everyone that does is aware of the consequences. They choose to take that chance, so let them deal with it (i.e. Ricky).

-tex

texasPHINSfan said:

tobacco users (overwhelming majority of which are cigarette smokers) are smokers who consume a lot more carcinogens daily than marijuana users... even the most frequent marijuana users might be once or twice a day. Some hard core cigarette smokers can smoke up to two packs a day. So, even though cigarettes yield less pollutants, people smoke more of them. To top that off there are millions MORE tobacco users than marijuana users..... so you have a poor comparison simply of ratio of users here.

Marijuana is simply worse for you than cigarettes. Nobody smokes it more though, so its not perceived as bad.

another point - you say no one dies from smoking marijuana - aside from my case i just made, you are excluding the people that have died from being under the influence of marijuana. I've had two friends die from such incidents, and having impaired judgement due to being under the influence of a controlled substance was the reason. argue that all you want, but this is the truth i have seen with my own eyes on my own friends. Who's not to say how many other people this has happened too.

Point 3 - marijuana is already legal in Amsterdam. Two things about this: if you love it so much that it affects your daily decisions, feel free to move there and enjoy it. Second thing - I have been there and have seen first hand how this drug has ruined that society and polluted the streets and museums. Its sad to be standing in the Museum of History of the Netherlands and not be able to be in any room or exhibit without the pungent aroma of marijuana. The whole city reeks of it, and quite frankly it gets old. At first glance Amsterdam sounds like a weed lovers paradise, but trust me, it tires quickly.

If marijuana was legal here can you imagine what it would do to our landscape/image/cities? As "cool" as it may be to appear on the pro-weed side of the arguement, it just doesn't make sense in more ways than one. You can still smoke it if you want to now, so leave it at that. If it was so great and harmless as a lot of you like to think it is, use your brain - it would be legal already. Don'tcha think the government would LOVE to tax the hell out of it and make more money - but they don't b/c it is really a lot worse than it is made out to be.

Being a plant from the ground does not mean its good for you or harmless. There are plenty of poisonous berries that you don't go around picking and eating, and they come from the ground. The "just a plant" arguement is lame and would even be considered so by anyone at High Times.

Comparisons to alcohol are apples to oranges. Keep in mind alcohol is a centuries-old legalized substance. When prohibition was attempted, it resulted in chaos and more crime than when it was legal. Marijuana was late to the game, only introduced recently to the US. By now its too late. We can not legalize marijuana just like we cannot outlaw liquor.

Whats the difference anyway? If you want to smoke weed, you can anyway. so who cares? its YOUR decision, and everyone that does is aware of the consequences. They choose to take that chance, so let them deal with it (i.e. Ricky).

-tex
You proved the only point I was making. The average tobacco smoker has a higher risk of lung cancer than the average marijuana smoker. Even though there are tons more tobacco smokers, you still don't hear about people getting cancer from marijuana use. ever. While I understand Marijuana isn't as harmless as some people think, It also isn't as bad as most people think. I wasn't arguing about whether it should be legal or not. You're right, I didn't take into account the people who have died from being under the influence of it, thats because we were talking about the effects it has to the body concerning cancer. Plenty of people have died from being under the influence. That goes for prescription drugs, alcohol, pot and other drugs. You can't blame the drug for that, it's the persons fault.

Meatwad said:
The average tobacco smoker has a higher risk of lung cancer than the average marijuana smoker. Even though there are tons more tobacco smokers, you still don't hear about people getting cancer from marijuana use. ever. While I understand Marijuana isn't as harmless as some people think, It also isn't as bad as most people think. I wasn't arguing about whether it should be legal or not. ....
Personally, I think that legalizing it, and channeling all of the wasted enforcement money into education, is the way to go. We are making felons out of pot smokers (and growers) and that is just a waste of human potential from any angle you choose to view it. Up until recently, Nevada was making felons out of people who simply possessed pot, and that is asinine. It creates a bigger problem than it solves.

It is certainly a waste of taxpayer money to wharehouse people for what is comparatively a minor crime. It would be better to use that money to teach people about alcohol and drug abuse and to teach children not to smoke anything. Many pot smokers also smoke cigarettes...so arguing about which is more or less harmful is specious at best.

I don't smoke pot myself (see the "Too bad Florida"...thread for my position on medical-mojo). Generally, abuse of marijuana is less damaging than abuse of alcohol, but that doesn't make it a good thing. Abuse is what it is.

Ricky is a dumb idiot. He has some brain problem IMO. Marijuana better than football? This guy needs a life and the life he is about to live is not the right one.

Bs

texasPHINSfan said:

-tex
Under what circumstances did your "friends" die under the influence of marijuana. I do not believe this for a second.

#2 Marijuana is not legal in Amsterdam. The police just don't care. I have been there myself. The museums are absolutely not filled with smoke. Are you really trying to say that it's ok to smoke inside of museums there? Come on, dude. That's so not true it's ridiculous. The museums smell fine. The city does not reek of weed that's just not true.

#3 if weed was legal what would happen to the landscape? image? citites? And I cannot "just smoke it if I want" because it's illegal. I can go to jail. I could just rob a bank if I want too, but guess what... The government will not make it legal because no one will buy govenment weed when they could grow it themselves. It's a cultural and religious thing. Just like hemp, which is only a plant in the same genus as weed is illegal. You explain that to me.

Yes we could smoke weed if we want to. But what if we get caught? That's the problem.

MOULDSROCKS said:
lol

I think Big Mac's should be illegal.... they can be addictive and when used improperly they cause weight gain, heart disease, heart attacks, diabetes and more

Does the NFL test for Fast Food?

Don't use pot and probably never will as long as I am still in sports before 21 but I do know it isn't as bad as most make it out to be and am pro decriminalization.

:roflmao: You just won the best post by a shmuffaloe fan award. Congradulations...........you can pick up your joint on the way out.

ABrownLamp said:
If you are going to sarcastically call people brilliant then you should probably spell "they're" correctly.

:lol: :lol:
Ha , the do gooder , I know everything chic got corrected. Or wait, I mean "Owned"

AJBurnett34 said:
Ricky is a dumb idiot. He has some brain problem IMO. Marijuana better than football? This guy needs a life and the life he is about to live is not the right one.

This is true...........NOTHING is better than football. Hence the conclusion, Ricky is a crazy ba$tard. Whether you like weed or not, choosing pot over your career is absolutely, ridiculously ignorant. He will realize that soon and come crawling back to the NFL. I just hope we're not stupid enough to take him when he does.

Back
Top Bottom