Marino only Dolphin better than Taylor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino only Dolphin better than Taylor

I have tried before to tell people about AJ Duhe the man was one of the best at his position.And I promise we will not miss JT like we did Dwight Stevenson.That game agianest the Jet's in the play-offs no linebacker has ever took over like AJ did.He made todd change his religon.And there running back forgot his name.By the way where's the love for Kuch

Duhe often gets overlooked, and I can never understand why.

Zach Thomas trumps Jason Taylor. Outside of Marino, I don't know of another player (in my time) that I will miss more. Zach was the Marino of our defense.

For some reason, I don't have an attachment to Taylor.

Lots of great Dolphins however I have a hard time rating Jason and Zach ahead of some of our other greats simply because that defense always seemed to cave when the going got tough. I even saw Jay Fiedler bail it out on a number of occasions.

Srry Man Love Taylor But Little & Czonka Were better

Zach Thomas was a better Dolphin than JT hands down. I MAY put JT at 5 but no higher. Even fifth is pushing it.

I am so much more of a Zack fan than JT. specially since he left like such a bitcc!!

I have tried before to tell people about AJ Duhe the man was one of the best at his position.And I promise we will not miss JT like we did Dwight Stevenson.That game agianest the Jet's in the play-offs no linebacker has ever took over like AJ did.He made todd change his religon.And there running back forgot his name.By the way where's the love for Kuch
Freeman Mcneil

There's no way Jason taylor is #2 behind Marino. taylor was a really good player but this is a guy who played in 6 playof games and never registered a sack. he always disaapeared in big games and was the leader of a D that always disappeared in big games. I can think of tons of guys off the top of my head that should rank higher.

I cannot beleive what I am reading. i cant see Jason as the number 2 player in team history . for God's sakes people Bob Greise and Mercury Morris and Richmond Webb were all more instrumental in getting us to a playoff game then taylor ever thought about . the fact is Jason is way overrated but he is still a good player but I can name 15 to 20 players more deserving of being number 2 then jason.

I would put best players like this.

#1 Dan Marino

#2 Larry Csonka

#3 Paul Warfield

#4 Duriel Harris

#5 Bob Greise

#6 Mercury Morris

#7 Jim Langer

#8 Dwight Stephenson

#9 Keith Jackson

#10 Ricky Williams

jason always folds in in big games so i could honestly put Sam Madison and Randy Mcmichael because these two genious had more plays in big games then jason did. ( just my opinion)

Good list!,but #9 and # 10 I can't agree with. With that said Zach at 9 and JT at 10 looks pretty good.:hi5:If we would of at least went to a SB with them two, I would have them in my top 7. As far as Rw and RM!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive what I am reading. i cant see Jason as the number 2 player in team history . for God's sakes people Bob Greise and Mercury Morris and Richmond Webb were all more instrumental in getting us to a playoff game then taylor ever thought about . the fact is Jason is way overrated but he is still a good player but I can name 15 to 20 players more deserving of being number 2 then jason.

I would put best players like this.

#1 Dan Marino

#2 Larry Csonka

#3 Paul Warfield

#4 Duriel Harris

#5 Bob Greise

#6 Mercury Morris

#7 Jim Langer

#8 Dwight Stephenson

#9 Keith Jackson

#10 Ricky Williams

jason always folds in in big games so i could honestly put Sam Madison and Randy Mcmichael because these two genious had more plays in big games then jason did. ( just my opinion)

You had me until Keith Jackson and Ricky Williams. Keith jackson only played 3 years in Miami and Ricky has done more to hurt the dolphins than help them.

Based on sheer talent and God given skills at there position Ricky Williams is right up there with Marino..

Sheer talent? Ricky on par with Marino.. not a chance. If you said Stevenson on sheer talent on par with Marino I'd be inclined to listen.. But c'mon. The more I think of it. Stevenson may just be #2 overall. As a truly dominant player at his position over his career.

Blasphemy!

Taylor is in no way better then Little, Csonka, or any of the other 72 Fins... I agree that Marino is number 1, but after that should be the entire 72 squad including the water boy and towel girl, then Clayton, Duper, Killer Bees, the Mascot, Ray Finkle, then JT and ZT...

Must appease the great angry Marino Gawd...

clear.gif

I always find it puzzling when people attempt to tear someone down in order to build others up. How about feeling fortunate to have all these great players donning Dolphins unis throughout our history?

How would Jason Taylor have faired back in 72. My opinion is he would have been dominated.

He would have been dominated by 260 pound linemen? Yeah, that makes sense. If JT played in the early 70s he would have been kicked out the league for disrupting EVERY single snap.

For you rival fans w/ strong opinions number one, this is a family matter so who cares what you think? And two, can you even count on one hand the number of your great players?

Back
Top Bottom