Marino only Dolphin better than Taylor | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino only Dolphin better than Taylor

Sheer talent? Ricky on par with Marino.. not a chance. If you said Stevenson on sheer talent on par with Marino I'd be inclined to listen.. But c'mon. The more I think of it. Stevenson may just be #2 overall. As a truly dominant player at his position over his career.

I'm as big a Marino fan as you Canadianfishfan and I think Marino is the best QB of all time, but I consider Ricky to be one of the best if not thee best talent wise RB's of all time.

what about these guys ?
Louis Oliver
Tim Bowens
Jim Kiick
Larry Little
Bruce Hardy
Duriel Harris
Sam Madison
Don Strock
Earl Morrell
Jake Scott

Based on sheer talent and God given skills at there position Ricky Williams is right up there with Marino..

Unfortunately for Ricky there's alot more to this game than just having talent. talent wise he's on a HOF level but he just didn't get it done on the field outside of 2002.

Dwight Stephenson was a total BEAST! I was a kid when he was injured and I cried my eyes out. Still in mourning for that one...

JT was not better then him or Czonka. Other than that, I am open to arguments, but there are many good players that have legit claims ahead of JT.

In terms of great players by position, what about Reggie Roby? I suppose a punter will never be considered top 10 greatest though.

In terms of great players by position, what about Reggie Roby? I suppose a punter will never be considered top 10 greatest though.

You could make a case for Roby. I mean, I don't hear about too many punters hitting the ceilings of domed stadiums anymore. Which is something Roby did when he went into the RCA Dome. Roby, along with Ray Guy really changed the way punters were looked at in the NFL.

Unfortunately for Ricky there's alot more to this game than just having talent. talent wise he's on a HOF level but he just didn't get it done on the field outside of 2002.

I agree nyjunc there is a lot more needed than just talent...just see Dan Marino with no SB rings...

But I tell you it's nice to see a jet fan admit Ricky's talent...you got to see it first hand twice a year...I'll admit I thought Bruce Smith was the best DE I ever seen when he was in his prime...just unbelievable disruptive...

Dwight Stephenson was a total BEAST! I was a kid when he was injured and I cried my eyes out. Still in mourning for that one...

JT was not better then him or Czonka. Other than that, I am open to arguments, but there are many good players that have legit claims ahead of JT.

Man he was Marino613, I have so many old vhs tapes and with him and Marino and he was just amazing to watch...I still remember when he got hurt...it was either an interception or fumble and he was chasing the guy that was returning it...he was way behind the guy, he would of never caught him and on the corner of the screen I seen Marty Lyons coming up along side of him and I remember thinking man I hope he doesn't try to block Dwight and sure enough as soon as I thought that Lyons hit him directly from the side and behind, Dwight never seen him. Of course the camera was following the ball but all I could think about was, was Dwight hurt...and he was...

oh...need to work on my reading comprehension.

well, I stand by the remainder of my post...even Marino and Clayton had more help than ZT and JT.

Greatest Phins to play with Marino and Clayton: Duper, Nat Moore, D.Stephenson, Offerdahl, L.Oliver, R.Webb, K.Simms, Tony Nathan, Reggie Roby

JT and Zach: Madison, Surtain, Bowens, McMichael, Chambers

Don't forget Brock Marion. He's the best safety we've had since the Bruise Brothers. And Trace Armstrong will always be a Dolphins favorite of mine, even if he was only with the team for five years. He was a terror on QBs even before JT got here.

I agree nyjunc there is a lot more needed than just talent...just see Dan Marino with no SB rings...

But I tell you it's nice to see a jet fan admit Ricky's talent...you got to see it first hand twice a year...I'll admit I thought Bruce Smith was the best DE I ever seen when he was in his prime...just unbelievable disruptive...

Marino and Smith fulfilled their potential, they were all-time greats. Ricky had all the tools to be an all-time great and he wasted it which is a shame.

The Sun Sentinel has their 50 top Fins... JT is rated as # 6

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/golf/sfl-doltop50,0,2973343.photogallery

where were Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael? I know they'd be near the bottom, but they belong on the list. Chambers is 4th or better on all Dolphins career receiving lists. McMichael is our most prolific pass catching TE. BTW - they did all that with Jay Fiedler and AJ Feely, not Dan Marino and Bob Griese. They don't deserve a spot over Tim Ruddy or Jeff Dellanbach?

Back
Top Bottom