Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake

He didn't compare them as QBs he compared their situations.
it's still not even close, or at least it shouldn't be. I don't see jack del rio coaching our team or tannehill making a start because our head coach is desperate.

He didn't compare them as QBs he compared their situations.

Too different players... Just don't compare him with Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker for that matter. Neither of them are near as accurate as Tannehill. Its like comparing Josh Freeman to Byron Leftwich. Its not like Tannehill doesn't have weapons... Bess, Hartline, Clay, Fasano, Bush are all weapons!

Just like Marvez has the opinion that Tannehill isn't in a good situation, I have the opinion that Tannehill is in a good situation. We are probably going to add another receiver before the season so stop worrying so much. There is a reason we have 4 pass catching receivers and 4 pass catching tight ends on the roster

Too different players... Just don't compare him with Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker for that matter. Neither of them are near as accurate as Tannehill. Its like comparing Josh Freeman to Byron Leftwich. Its not like Tannehill doesn't have weapons... Bess, Hartline, Clay, Fasano, Bush are all weapons!

:crazy:

don't even know what to say to that. When your GM admits you have a bunch of 4, 5 and 6 WRs and no real 1,2,3s (although bess is a good 3)...that's a pretty good indicator.

Tannehill has the physicality to hang when things get rough, plus he can run better than any of the examples he gave (Carr, Harrington, Couch). Based on the games though, I don't know if Tanny can make the deep throws. I know Moore is hit or miss. I still remember him underthrowing a guy against the Pats in NE that totally swung momentum in that game.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Based on what I saw of that Jags game last weekend, Gabbert may be on his way. With Blackmon in the fold, Gabbert looked REAL GOOD.

This guy is a freaking idiot. Not only did he start with "Chad Johnson a top WR in the NFL" but then he went on to compare the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Dolphins as if the 2012 Dolphins had the same coach. SMFH go back to your idiotic rap and STFU about football. He knows nothing about it and Chad obviously sucked since he couldnt learn a damn playbook and was dropping catches left and right. He's a distraction and would have messed up the locker room.

No way Tannehill gets benched. This coaching staff and FO is going to live and die by Tannehill...thats why it was critical in the timing of naming him the starter, cause once you start Tannehill there is no going back.

I'm all for Tannehill starting... Being a Tim Couch fan in college... I am slightly afraid, though. But, we are a lot better than the Browns were, and our O-Line is 100x better. The thing about Tannehill is, the game just doesn't look too big for him! I don't see him out there freaking out or making dumb decisions. Only time will tell I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom