Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake

We should start him and I expect him to perform like he should under the circumstances with his poor teammates. I won't blame him if the receivers can't get separation and the o line can't block
Well you will be the only one. Every body else will be blaming him for everything from dropped passes to global warming in another two months. Better strap em up tight because RT will be the most hated villian since Hitler around here when fans start seeing he can't block DEs, throw the ball, AND catch the ball for a bunch of stone hand WRs, all at the same time.

I for one completely agree. This kid should not be starting, but wth its the dolphins they always do stupid at QB. (Not talking about Dan so dont go there)

Based on what? He is the best QB on the roster right now....he has the most potential to get even better on the roster...so why wouldn't you start the guy you invested a top ten pick on?

If we take Ryan's 3 quarters of work so far and extrapoliate that into a full 4 quarter game..it would look like 34-63...356 yards...3 td's....0 interceptions.
(Note: For the purposes of evaluating Ryan, I considered the dropped touchdown catch by Wallace a catch)

You wouldn't want to see Matt Moore's numbers extrapoliated.

Marvez needs to realize he isn't a typical rookie qb, he knows this offense better than moore does and that will also help him when the regular season starts. Hopefully he is watching film on the texans defense right now after practice.

RT got $8 Million to play football this year. take the training wheels off.

The one thing that was alike with those other failures was how often they got sacked. Whether from bad line play or holding the ball too long, all those fools got drilled for the first 3 years in the league. If the line can keep RT on his feet he'll automatically be better. Troy Aikman might be a better comparison, rough team, rebuilding, all the tools, unproven college career.

Tannehill did NOT outplay Moore by a wide margin. I would not fight the fact he might have played better, but this was not a landslide in terms of the competition.

Did you watch practice and preseason? Tannehill has been way more accurate, displayed a stronger arm, and get ball out quick... Only good i seen from matt moore was checkdowns to fasano in the first preseason game

If you want a better (more recent) comparison to what Tannenhill is going to deal with, look at Blaine Gabbert.

Blaine Gabbert throws off his back foot more than any quarterback EVER! He did it in college too, he has bad foot work.. average arm strength and accuracy... Don't compare apples with oranges please

Marvez is a douche. I can't stand him when I listen to him on the radio. He feeds off of the negativity on the Dolphins.

Were not going to be that great this year so why not go with the young QB and see if he is out future. Why wait an extra year to find out.

Blaine Gabbert throws off his back foot more than any quarterback EVER! He did it in college too, he has bad foot work.. average arm strength and accuracy... Don't compare apples with oranges please

He didn't compare them as QBs he compared their situations.

I find the comparison to Blaine Gabbert laughable. Gabbert played in the spread offense in college and comes into the NFL and learns a completely new offense. Tannehill is coming in and running almost the exact same offense he ran at A&M. The protections, WR Routes, hot read/check off's, and the such are all things Tannehill knows already. These are things it takes most NFL Rookies at least a year to learn and know. Ryan's learning curve was sped up rapidly for that reason.

The one thing that was alike with those other failures was how often they got sacked. Whether from bad line play or holding the ball too long, all those fools got drilled for the first 3 years in the league. If the line can keep RT on his feet he'll automatically be better. Troy Aikman might be a better comparison, rough team, rebuilding, all the tools, unproven college career.

That is a great point. But that's the issue. When you take a pounding like Carr and Harrington did, it's going to effect your psyche. Even Sam Bradford last year. As a young QB knowing you're going to take a pounding, you start getting jumpy/happy feet and feel pressure when it's not really there. It's kind of human nature. Eventually, you might never be the same. It's like any traumatic experience in life, once you're exposed to it, it's going to alter your psyche to an extent and be in the back of your mind even when you're not consciously thinking about it.

A shaky right side of the line and receivers that can't get separation only exacerbate that. That's why i'd be worried if i was a fins fan, starting him this early.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I find the comparison to Blaine Gabbert laughable. Gabbert played in the spread offense in college and comes into the NFL and learns a completely new offense. Tannehill is coming in and running almost the exact same offense he ran at A&M. The protections, WR Routes, hot read/check off's, and the such are all things Tannehill knows already. These are things it takes most NFL Rookies at least a year to learn and know. Ryan's learning curve was sped up rapidly for that reason.

people are not comparing him as a QB. they're comparing the situation as far as being thrown into the fire on a **** team with no receivers and no weapons. at least the jags had MJD. Bush was good last year but i don't know if you can expect him to be as healthy as he was last year, and he certainly isn't MJD even when healthy.

Back
Top Bottom