Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake

I think the main difference here is that Tannehill has less weapons at his disposal than all of those guys. We have a very weak right side of the OL, and absolutely nobody that you can call a number one, or even a number two, receiver. It appears we may have trouble in the running game, and that is what protects your QB the most. I fully believe that Tannehill can handle it, but I definitely think he is at a disadvantage when compared to those kind of guys.

I think this is going to get repeated time and time again unless we prove otherwise. That said, Im sorry, i dont buy we have no weapons. This preseason ship is rediculous with some poeple.

Cant wait to see RT when he has the regulars every week. Its actually going to be fun! Win or lose. Thats how you should look at this season.

But no, The Miami Fanbase Strikes Again!

No fun here.

amazing how every other expert says to start him, but Marvez says it a bad idea, yeah show me you super bowl winning ring. Oh yeah you don't have one…dueche.

He has company. MARINO doesn't have one, either.

Did SHULA start MARINO in the 1st game of his Rookie year? I don't recall...

I guess they were along with Elway, Manning, Stafford and Aikman.

Who all were, if I'm not mistaken, drafted number one overall because of their superior talent and experience to almost all QB prospects. Not exactly players who had 17 or so games at QB in college.

Besides, naming players who survived doesn't make the practice right. What about Jimmy Clausen, John Beck, Jamarcus Russel, David Carr, Byron Leftwich, Tim Couch, Heat Schuler, Kyle Boller, Patrick Ramsey, Joey Harrington, (Mark Sanchez?) etc, who played pretty early and stagnated?

What about guys like Rodgers and Rivers, who sat multiple seasons? Heck, toss in Drew Brees, and you've got the statistically most productive QB's in the league, and all three were highly drafted and all three sat at least a year.

Blah blah blah, I'm so tired of hearing about how some early difficulty may affect him, about how he should be held back until later in the year. WHY?!? So we can go 4-8 under Moore and have Ryan start the last 4 games? So he gets 4 games of experience vs a full season when we'll probably 6-10 at best anyways. It's about the future.

Basically Marvez was asked to display his opinion of Tannehill starting. He gave to typical answer that anyone would give that doesn't know who Tannehill is. He didn't even mention Brian Hartline....? You see, we might have a lacklustered wide receiver core but we have 2 good pass catching tight ends, 4 good pass catching runningbacks.... Why don't people talk about that? Simple, It's because people only understand the basics of football and not the complexity.

Did the Patriots have a great wide receiver core 2 years ago? Deion Branch, Wes Welker? What about the 49ers last year? The answer is no! Those teams played safe football, 3 tight end sets, and beat you with a variety of looks. That's exactly the offense miami is instituting.

We are playing basic football right now people but, when the season rolls around and you see 3 tight end sets ran no huddle nobody is going to be talking about our receiving core. Do we need some players that can stretch the field? YES! Brian Hartline and Reggie Bush (split wide) are going to supply that! There is a reason we have so many running backs right now that can catch the ball out of the backfield... I can't wait for Wade Phillips to blitz on sept 9 because, when he throws the house behind them is going to be a wide open tight end!!!

Hater!!!!

imo Marvez sorry to say is dead on about the reciveing corps we need more help at WRs , a vet would help out 100% to give Tanny more confidence in knowing that he has a saftey valve to go to when in trouble , and the way our right side played against Carolina , we may need to plug in jerry or one of the other RT RG until Martin has gelled alittle more at the poss. i mean truth is the truth, we are going to ruin our FRANCHISE QB if we dont get him more help at WR and RT or RG , we can sit here and lie to ourselves and to everybody else but imo we are , i mean Tanny is going to get a rude awaking , i just hope we get him some help before we ruin him , or he gets killed .

What about Dalton, Ryan, Flacco was starting them mistakes?

imo i think Tanny is as ready as anybody , but the point is our WRs is dreadful and our RT RG isnt playing very good football , and without anygood wrs tanny is in trouble along with the RT we need help , and we all will see what Marvez is talkin about , i just hope that it dosent ruin Tanny and make him gunshy , as for what ive seen out of tanny he is good enough to start , thats not the prob. our prob gose further than the QB play.

imo Marvez sorry to say is dead on about the reciveing corps we need more help at WRs , a vet would help out 100% to give Tanny more confidence in knowing that he has a saftey valve to go to when in trouble , and the way our right side played against Carolina , we may need to plug in jerry or one of the other RT RG until Martin has gelled alittle more at the poss. i mean truth is the truth, we are going to ruin our FRANCHISE QB if we dont get him more help at WR and RT or RG , we can sit here and lie to ourselves and to everybody else but imo we are , i mean Tanny is going to get a rude awaking , i just hope we get him some help before we ruin him , or he gets killed .

word i couldnt agree more and honestly anyone who thinks starting Tannehill day 1 is a good idea needs to take their homer glasses off. starting a rookie qb is not always a bad idea but it has been shown in the past most great qb's dont start their careers as starters ( think of top qb's now and only Peyton comes to mind). its not always about the qb being ready but about the situation and timing being right. our offense is horrendous we have no proven WR a so far one year wonder in Bush as our RB and some TEs with potential but nothing really proven not to mention a shaky Oline on the right. Plus add in a new coach and new offense (I know its the same as college but its really not you cant run the same offense in the NFL you ran in the NCAA and not alll the others are as accustom to the system as he is). Every rookie says the speed of the NFL is what you get shocked by the most and that goes double for qbs. Now do I hope that Tannehill plays well and we win of course but do I like the chances of it no not right now. Moore actually played pretty well down the stretch last year and I think should be our day 1 starter regardless if Tannehill has looked marginally better in a system hes played in before. The odds are against us in this one.

Tannehill is outplaying Moore by a large margin. The only thing Moore has over Tannehill is experiance and the only way to get experiance is to play. I think the kid is a winner.

Tannehill did NOT outplay Moore by a wide margin. I would not fight the fact he might have played better, but this was not a landslide in terms of the competition.

As long as the coaches feel he is ready there isn't any reason to sit him. He's going to take some lumps bu that's part of the process of maturing into a solid starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom