Marvez: "Stephen Ross is a disgrace" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: "Stephen Ross is a disgrace"

great so what is your solution? do nothing get no super bowls and Miami moves it's team elsewhere, then you can sit back and stop watching football because you'll have nothing to complain about? whatever floats your rusty boat dude.

My solution is not let the nfl extort money from the Miami taxpayers such as it did from Indy. Its Ross's team and stadium let him finance his stadium. Lets not act like the city doesnt foot many bills during the superbowl. If Ross wants a true partnership with the city make an arrangement to pay taxpayer money back over the years.

As for my complaining Im sorry u are satisfied with a constant 7-9 team thats your right but as a fan of Miami for my entire life which saw some very good years I expect more. Hell .500 ball would be an improvement over 4 straight losing seasons. Miami is not moving its team anywhere thats just more of the same BS the NFL uses to extort new stadiums. Miami is still one of the best places to have a sports team and the taxplayers not flinching wont affect that. Its all a game to feed their own coffers. Hell some cities have let the NFL use and abuse them and then come begging for more , i just hope we are never that city. The NFL should foot their own bills and we should pay accordingly for our entertainment, not for some made up number the nfl wants u to believe

Also we are not Indy the super bowl needs cities like ours more than u realize. I mean yea they can do the NY thing and all these other venues but in reality there is no place better than Miami in February in the Us. tourists want to come visit Miami not friggin Phoenix (no offense to phoenix its a great city)

According to that article Lucas Oil was set to lose close to $1 million by hosting the super bowl and the city would gain at least $30 million at the most conservative estimate. So if the Superbowl skips the Miami the only loser is the city, Ross actually gains. I don't know what Ross is asking for but if its less than $30 million, ie the city will still profit, to say no to that is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

great so what is your solution? do nothing get no super bowls and Miami moves it's team elsewhere, then you can sit back and stop watching football because you'll have nothing to complain about? whatever floats your rusty boat dude.

dolphins aint moving, Too much history behind this team for it to go anywhere, ross will sell this team before he moves it and the next owner hopefully will have true passion for the team, not talk with his mouth but his wallet. Dont know why people are so worried about getting superbowls when we all know our Team hasnt made the playoffs in 4 years. We wont be getting to a superbowl anytime soon so whats the hassle of getting these superbowls? its already been proven it has little to no effect on the local market.

I'll have to wait and see what type of bond they ask the city for before I complain.

But thank you to DLockz for bringing some truth here. People are sitting here parroting the same lie that the NFL says. "Oh build a stadium! Brings jobs! Revenue to the city! Full hotels!"

It's a losing deal for the taxpayers every. single. time.

Wild Bill - In response to your post about "what would you do? You want superbowls, don't you!?!"
Say it's worth it just for the solidarity that a sports team brings, but don't sit there and lie to me about it benefiting the locals economically.

were all in this together!!!! aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa!!!

According to that article Lucas Oil was set to lose close to $1 million by hosting the super bowl and the city would gain at least $30 million at the most conservative estimate. So if the Superbowl skips the Miami the only loser is the city, Ross actually gains. I don't know what Ross is asking for but if its less than $30 million, ie the city will still profit, to say no to that is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

U do realize it cost Indy at least 600 million to build the stadium so they better host 20 superbowls. Best believe its way more than 30 million. So far that would make Indy down at least 570 million lol

How does Ross gain if they dont get a superbowl and new facilities. That makes his investment more valuable

If I owned a hotel in Miami, I would support this measure.

Look Marvez, when YOU chip in a couple.hundred million or so, then we will listen to your drivel too. Until then, STFU.

All of this is irrelevant anyways, in the end these taxpayer handouts get voted on before a decision is finalized and Miami will not vote in Ross' favor come November. I'm sure as hell going to vote no.

If he sells the team and it moves to LA so be it, the Miami Dolphins will be back within a year or two tops by another owner. Not going to be easy to move a team to another city regardless, just ask the Seattle group how it's fairing for them to get the Kings away from Sacramento. All of a sudden a bunch of names appeared bidding against the Seattle group to keep the team in a **** city like Sacramento.

Our facilities and that stadium are advantages of why this team won't move ever, so those threats are empty. You would have to give up hundreds of millions of dollars Wayne Huizenga invested in those facilities and stadium to move it to LA, a location that has never been able to keep a professional football team for long.

If he sells the team and it moves to LA so be it, the Miami Dolphins will be back within a year or two tops by another owner.
Just like that? You can't click heels together three times and the Dolphins would magically reappear Wizard of Oz style. God forbid the Dolphins ever do move out of Miami, they aren't coming back. Local support is so poor when the team is here, why would any "new" owner start an expansion team there? Also, who is to say the league is ever going to expend in the near future? If you are waiting for an expansion of the NFL, it could be decades before that happens.

If you love the Dolphins and want them to REMAIN in Miami, you better hope this $400 million renovation gets approved. Now, that isn't to say that if they fail to get the renovation they will move, but the future is definitely cloudy without it. If they do get it, we are at least assured the team stays in Miami through at least 2034. I think $400 million(mostly paid by Ross and the Dolphins) for major stadium upgrades and assurance that the team stays in Miami for at least the next two decades is well worth it.

This is a critical time for potentially deciding the long term future of the franchise in Miami. If Tannehill turns into the franchise quarterback we all hope he does, it will suck watching people in LA, not Miami, cheering him on.

Vision is the key and if can't see it, then you dont have an answer. The stadium is in need of an upgrade, just look at the Superdome and the same could/would be said about Raymond James if it wants to host a site again (probably not).

The point is that we are a market for major events and we must have the same facilities to remain competitive, bottom line. Ross proposed a fair deal (55% would be better) yet you have the world (local media and community) up in arms talking about let him build it himself. Okay, so that means if he did, he should get a percentage for revenue generated around the game .... Which they dont know. That's were people need to come to grips with themselves. We benefit from this as much as the stadium/teams/Ross.

Take the deal and require he build the water park (on his own dime), give more fan appreciation discounts this season (2013), then Freeze ticket prices next year (2014) and finally revamp the pricing system for the new seating (2015) with season ticket holders getting an option to upgrade to the new area at their current price for 1 year/2 years (then return to RMV)

Just like that? You can't click heels together three times and the Dolphins would magically reappear Wizard of Oz style. God forbid the Dolphins ever do move out of Miami, they aren't coming back. Local support is so poor when the team is here, why would any "new" owner start an expansion team there? Also, who is to say the league is ever going to expend in the near future? If you are waiting for an expansion of the NFL, it could be decades before that happens.

If you love the Dolphins and want them to REMAIN in Miami, you better hope this $400 million renovation gets approved. Now, that isn't to say that if they fail to get the renovation they will move, but the future is definitely cloudy without it. If they do get it, we are at least assured the team stays in Miami through at least 2034. I think $400 million(mostly paid by Ross and the Dolphins) for major stadium upgrades and assurance that the team stays in Miami for at least the next two decades is well worth it.

This is a critical time for potentially deciding the long term future of the franchise in Miami. If Tannehill turns into the franchise quarterback we all hope he does, it will suck watching people in LA, not Miami, cheering him on.
The Chargers have a worse stadium situation then we do. They also can't sell any tickets. They'll be the team that moves to L.A. which is around an hours drive from San Diego anyway.

Speaking of LA is irrelevant as well anyways because of the facts I have already listed, no owner is going to give up hundreds of millions of facilities and renovations already built in Miami to move to another team. Just for the rights of owning a football team license? Yeah don't think so. If this team was the Jacksonville Jaguars I can see it happen. But if it does happen it won't be long till the Miami Dolphins are back under new ownership and management. As Pat Riley says, the city sells itself.

People have been wanting to bring LA back for decades now, but they too have showed no support nor care about professional football.

The Miami Dolphins as irrelevant as they been for 15 PLUS years, bad ticket sales and etc, are still middle of the pack and with the best teams as far as revenue is concerned. Once the right owner comes here and makes the right decisions they will be banking right there with Jerry Jones, and it won't matter if we're playing at Sun Life or Alfonso Field. The fact that Ross and Huizenga has failed to capitalize on their own investment is not the city's fault, it's their own fault.

You can worry yourself to death about LA all you want but it's not going to happen. Huizenga pretty much made it difficult for any potential buyer to move the team with all the renovations and facilities he has built himself, which may have been 8 years ago but that is still too recent to throw away.

lol @ let's ask taxpayers for hundreds of millions for we can host Super Bowls. Yeah right, this is the same freaking stadium that hosts BCS title games (a major bowl game every year guaranteed, this year it had TWO championship games), Wrestlemania's and so many other major events. And those events aren't threatening Ross like Goodell is. Sun Life being the dump that it is brings in more revenue than most stadiums in the country. And now you want to ask taxpayers to give you more money, okay.

Ross is on the hook for the stadium and land reports are he paid between 300-500 mil for it. The team isn't going anywhere stop buying fear tactics! You couldn't give that swamp land away

Back
Top Bottom