Matt Burke Opinion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Burke Opinion

I'm surprised, I thought many if not most on the board were willing to give Burke a chance.

Don't you remember in the pre season when Harris looked flat, McMillan went out, reshad wasn't lighting everyone up, mauluga looked fat, and a few bad GIFs of Kiko were posted and everyone thought we would be lucky to average less than 30 a game? Many people claiming Burke was in over his head and the front office made a mistake bc we have a love for hiring Bengals cast offs.

The Defense has been the only present surprise on this team and if not for the defesne this team should be 0-4 right now. I know the first game we got lucky on a missed kicked but this D hasn't given up more than 20 points yet.

• 4th in PPG
  • 7th in total yards per game
  • 5th in rushing yards per game
  • 12th in passing yards per game

I'll believe we have a top notch defense when we play well vs. teams like Atlanta, New England etc.

We were awful last year. Top notch may be a bit much to ask in one year...

Don't you remember in the pre season when Harris looked flat, McMillan went out, reshad wasn't lighting everyone up, mauluga looked fat, and a few bad GIFs of Kiko were posted and everyone thought we would be lucky to average less than 30 a game? Many people claiming Burke was in over his head and the front office made a mistake bc we have a love for hiring Bengals cast offs.
You might be right bro......

He’s clearly surprised at how quickly he’s acclimated himself as a DC. He didn’t seem to have that during the pre season. But since the regular season has started the adjustments in the run defense have paid off. His blitz schemes are well disguised and he’s getting major contributions from not 1 but 2 Rookie DT’s. He’s realized that Maxwell was not worth the aggravation and finally benched him in favor of an improving rookie in Tankersley, who has really developed. But to me it’s his in game adjustment capabilities that have made a huge difference to the defense, enough so, where you now have players openly praising him. Now I hope he finally cuts bait with Jordan Philips who’s been nothing but an enigma and unassuming player.

ATL is the most complete offense on the schedule to date. They can run and pass equally as well. Hold the dirty birds to 17 pts and then we'll talk.

I can't wait for McDonald to come back week 8. Nate Allen is holding the defence back. He's awful.

They have been great on closing running angles when plays turn outside. One play yesterday Henry tried to go outside when the middle collapsed and he was shut down. I have been seeing that all year so far. Last year he probably would have made that play. This defense is very physical and seems every player can lay some wood. Can't wait to get TJ back.

Done well. Got home with some zone blitzes yesterday.

Timmons has righted the ship at lb. been just what the doctor ordered.

The zone blitzes we drew up yesterday murdered the titans protection schemes.

Lots more variation with those under Burke

Jury is out, as it should be but it's looking better with an influx of some talent.

I've said it before and was lambasted for it, the talent is more important than the scheme.

Of course, the scheme has to fit the talent, something Miami has not been good with since...

ATL is the most complete offense on the schedule to date. They can run and pass equally as well. Hold the dirty birds to 17 pts and then we'll talk.

17? We keep them under 17 and I'll claim Burke the best DC in the league!

Back
Top Bottom