Matt Burke Opinion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Burke Opinion

Our LBer's will only get better as they play together in the system. 58 and 94 looked pretty good out there imo. Tankersly is a great find, I like how he competes. Jones is playing lights out! Kiko is diagnosing things early and showing fearlessness out there on the field. HARRIS!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I like the kid and I think he's going to be something special. When this kid is in the Pro Bowl in the coming years we may have to break down and give Tannenbaum some credit. Suh is just such a fabulous player, a force on every snap. Wake is still Wake, amazing. So, it's a scrappy defense, nice mix of veterans and younger players, they hit, they blitz from everywhere and team speed finally looks pretty good. If the offense would give them any help at all they may actually not get worn out in the second half. If we can play some complimentary football in the coming weeks we may yet make some noise this season.

Surprisingly, defense has been our strength so far this season. Especially since Maxwell got benched and Timmons came back. We're better against the rush, the coverage has tightened up....we're making it so that our offense only needs to score 24 points a game to consistently pull out the win. Now if only the offense would live up to billing...

Absolutely, and once Cutler starts playing better, we will....Oh who am I kidding, please defense take it up 3 fold, because from here on, the season could very well get out of hand without much offense.

Maybe since Burke no longer has to cover for a sieve like LB crew, he can racket up the blitzes and take some chances. Timmons and Kiko played great and Rey wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb so I assume he was OK at least. Same thing on offense, Gase is bland because he's covering for Cutler. Seems to be the MO of this coaching staff.

The D has been looking better and better every week. I really hope they confuse Ryan. I’ve seen a lot of shlt talk from Atl fans calling this game a second bye week.

I’ve seen a lot of shlt talk from Atl fans calling this game a second bye week.

As painful to watch as this team has been, this sort of thing gets my hyped up. Another defensive performance and some signs of real life from the offense vs Atl would really get me excited about this team.

Its worth noting that most of us had written 2016 off (i know i had) before we manhandled Pittsburgh, around the same time last year. Offense woke up...

As painful to watch as this team has been, this sort of thing gets my hyped up. Another defensive performance and some signs of real life from the offense vs Atl would really get me excited about this team.

Its worth noting that most of us had written 2016 off (i know i had) before we manhandled Pittsburgh, around the same time last year. Offense woke up...

If the offense wakes up, we will definitely be back in it. No one in the AFC East looks dominant this year. It would be amazing to win the division and make Brady retire! Our defense would be even more impressive if the offense would stay on the field longer.

I don't need to see any more, I am completely sold on Matt Burke. I could not be more impressed w/ what he has done w/ this defense. The blitz designs, the defensive line rotation, the confidence he seems to have in the secondary, I am in. This defense is playing w/ confidence and they are in charge

I still have faith in Burke. Some holes have certainly surfaced recently, but w/ an offense like this not too many defenses are gonna continuously hold it down the way we would need them to.

I have seen this before with Dan Marino, Gase wants a fast scoring offense, which really abandons the running game with short passes to backs, it leaves the defense on the field to often and the offense needs to score on half their possesions to make it work. I am beginning to believe that last years team would have struggled much more but Ajayi surprised everyone including Gase. Once teams stacked to stop Ajayi this year Gases offense sputtered and his answer is to ditch the running game threat. As I stated when Gase did this that our defense would struggle and here we are looking at the results.

Back
Top Bottom