maTT leINART | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

maTT leINART

Buddwalk said:
Kast i'm with ya on this...i guess me and you are the only ones who think leinarts a better qb then young :D

As a pro prospect I agree as well, as much as an anti-Leinart fan I am. I think he will be much better in the NFL where there is far less "improvization", which is where Young gets dangerous.

this debate isn't about who's better between the two quarterbacks... it's about one side of the argument completely discrediting the ability of tonight's WINNING quarterback...

PressCoverage said:
this debate isn't about who's better between the two quarterbacks... it's about one side of the argument completely discrediting the ability of tonight's WINNING quarterback...
his college ability is great. he's not a good pro prospect at QB

Remember guys Eric Crouch could do it all for that nebraska team but member when he got to the nfl they made him switch to cb, s, wr, kr, pr, and more postitions probobly. Just saying good in college means nothing in the nfl

Buddwalk said:
Remember guys Eric Crouch could do it all for that nebraska team but member when he got to the nfl they made him switch to cb, s, wr, kr, pr, and more postitions probobly. Just saying good in college means nothing in the nfl

I completely agree but that was a really bad comparison.

kastofsna120 said:
rofl what??

just what i saw. i havent seen the guy [leinart] throw a hard pass at 20 yards. his passes down the sidelines are embarrassing for an nfl QB.

when he did throw it hard, it took him a while to wind up

i'm sorry... but he most certainly IS a fine pro prospect... he's 5x the quarterback that Michael Vick was at this point, and Vick was the No. 1 overall selection... i'd say he's more Randall Cunningham than Michael Vick, anyway... and much thicker...

he's tall, poised and unflappable... with a good QB coach, he's the kind of athlete that can change the NFL, like they said Vick was gonna do... he'll be taken in the Top 3 picks, there's no doubt in my mind... and he'll be an excellent NFL quarterback in the right situation, with a weapon or two to throw to...

Buddwalk said:

Eric Crouch never tore up the best team in the nation on the biggest stage for nearly 500 yards

PressCoverage said:
Eric Crouch never tore up the best team in the nation on the biggest stage for nearly 500 yards

'former" best team in the nation:D

dominizzo said:
tHIS GUY HAS NO ARM WHATSOVER DOES NOT impress me at all!! i hope he goes to Saints and i think he will be a average QB! When its a good team Leinart is no where perfect PAss on, HEs good cuz of the talent around him Pennington arm

Oh you just hurt me there Dom. Leinarts going to be the real deal imo. Like everybody though, he needs the right system, and the proper chance.

The thing I really like about Young is the fact that he is really smart as when to run. His pocket presense seems to be above most running quarterbacks. I didn't see once where he should of thrown the ball instead of ran or gave up on the play too quickly. In fact the ONLY thing I have a question about his ability to play in the pros is his throwing motion. That is something you can get away with in college, just not the pros. If he had good mechanics I would have him much higher than Leinart. However since Leinart has the mechanics he seems to be a better prospect.

PressCoverage said:

:up:

Back
Top Bottom