Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support

haha at Moore is > Alex Smith. Smith won games from behind last year and closed out games, Moore fumbled or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the last 5 minutes......get real!

Sorry, shouldn't have used math symbols. I said Moore equal to or greater than Smith. And then I clarified it was hyperbole of me 2 posts later. I think Smith is better and should be signed to compete with Moore.

Im happy with Matt Moore. HE is a warrior and a good choice at this point of all that has happen. But the only thing that concenrs me is our WR spot.

haha at Moore is > Alex Smith. Smith won games from behind last year and closed out games, Moore fumbled or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the last 5 minutes......get real!
lol. so finally the 1st overall pick from the 2005 draft had a decent, not great, but decent season 7 years into his career. if he was on the dolphins you, along with the entire fan base would be crucifying him considering the expecations for him and how miserable hes been.

also, u took about the defense being the reason we won with moore, dude, david akers led league in pts last year, not because the 49ers were scoring loads of tds a game, but because they were kicking field goals and having a great defense behind him.

i dont know who is better, but alex smith coming to the fins ( which is not happening obviously now with manning in denver) would not make us any better than we are with moore this year.

i love how everyone gives a guy in smith a pass and is actually justifying how he played decent last year, when he ****ing was drafted 1st overall in 2005. last year was his 1st playoff appearance ever, and he has played in a ****ty division basically the majority of his career.

Dont agree that Moore is better or even equal to smith. moore hasnt even been able to earn and keep a starting job for a full season while Smith played well last year and did not have to wait on an injury to play

Smith was also the #1 pick in the draft prior to the rookie wage scale, and teams were handcuffed to the #1 pick for years. If it wasn't for this, Smith would've been out of San Fran long ago. I prefer to stick with Moore, I've seen enough of Smith to know he is not a franchise QB. If he's not a clear upgrade over what we have, why allocate $8M of our salary cap to someone who'll battle for the starting job? That's why I think the front office let Flynn walk. The media can swing this against us any way they like, but I'm proud of Ireland for sticking to his guns and not caving to the pressure. If you feel in your gut that this guy is not much better than what you have, don't break the bank for him.

Smith was also the #1 pick in the draft prior to the rookie wage scale, and teams were handcuffed to the #1 pick for years. If it wasn't for this, Smith would've been out of San Fran long ago. I prefer to stick with Moore, I've seen enough of Smith to know he is not a franchise QB. If he's not a clear upgrade over what we have, why allocate $8M of our salary cap to someone who'll battle for the starting job? That's why I think the front office let Flynn walk. The media can swing this against us any way they like, but I'm proud of Ireland for sticking to his guns and not caving to the pressure. If you feel in your gut that this guy is not much better than what you have, don't break the bank for him.

Well Harbaugh was under no pressure to resign him last year and did . Moore has not even proven he can keep a starting job while Smith had no problem keeping his .

Well Harbaugh was under no pressure to resign him last year and did . Moore has not even proven he can keep a starting job while Smith had no problem keeping his .

Right, because his 76.4 career QB rating screamed franchise QB. :rolleyes2:

Harbaugh saw Smith as possibly salvagable, only reason he rolled with him. If he's so great, why are they so quick to jump off his bandwagon less than 2 months after being one game shy of the SB?...Food for thought...

Man, people are starting to get desperate around here. I have a feeling that if Moore played on some other team last year and was a FA half the posters on here would be chomping at the bit for the Fins to grab him. The fact is that Moore is not a franchise or potential franchise QB but neither are any of these other scrubs after we struck out on the Manning, Luck, and RG3 sweepstakes. I say we let him play out this season and draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round (Ducks flying chairs and vulgarities thrown at me). Grabbing Tannehill at 8 seems like a real reach. Go BPA or trade back and stockpile picks.

Moore was signed as a backup in a lockout year with almost no offseason. Got thrown in because of a Henne injury and some of you people are pissed because he didnt play like Dan Marino? Give him a full off season and full season and im sure we are one of the top teams in the league and playoff bound.

Someone please give me a good argument as to why Moore is < any QB not named Luck and Griffin III? Trade up to get Tannehill is the answer or reaching for another QB moving up the draft board? Alex Smith gave you only a couple games where he had to make plays to win and had some really good moments last year but his body of work in my opinion doesn't warrant a big contract from us. There just isn't an over night fix available.

lol. so finally the 1st overall pick from the 2005 draft had a decent, not great, but decent season 7 years into his career. if he was on the dolphins you, along with the entire fan base would be crucifying him considering the expecations for him and how miserable hes been.

also, u took about the defense being the reason we won with moore, dude, david akers led league in pts last year, not because the 49ers were scoring loads of tds a game, but because they were kicking field goals and having a great defense behind him.

i dont know who is better, but alex smith coming to the fins ( which is not happening obviously now with manning in denver) would not make us any better than we are with moore this year.

i love how everyone gives a guy in smith a pass and is actually justifying how he played decent last year, when he ****ing was drafted 1st overall in 2005. last year was his 1st playoff appearance ever, and he has played in a ****ty division basically the majority of his career.

Dude once again he won games at the end and Matt Moore didn't. Everything else you said doesn't change that fact. Matt Moore has also been in the league as long and hasn't done squat. Smith is better than Moore is, anyone with any football IQ knows this. I just don't know about 8 mil a year better. Once again I would bet that we don't even go 8-8 with Moore at QB with the receiving core we have.

Moore always had my support even before all this manning mess.. In Moore I trust.

Moore was signed as a backup in a lockout year with almost no offseason. Got thrown in because of a Henne injury and some of you people are pissed because he didnt play like Dan Marino? Give him a full off season and full season and im sure we are one of the top teams in the league and playoff bound.

This

Moore had basically 13 games last year and while improving on an absolutely pathetic start, he didn't show anything that would make you go wow he is the guy. What he did show was the ability to fumble and lose 3 games, the inability to make wide open passes at the end of games to win or run out the clock, any pocket presence at all, I remember at least 4 times he could have ran the ball into the endzone but got sacked holding on to the ball, the guy averaged less than 200 yards, the list goes on. I know it was his 1st year as a starter, but the guy has been in the league a long damn time. This is an excuse you use for a 2-3 year guy, not a 6-7 year guy.

Who's crucifying? Don't get it twisted. I'm not opposed to having Moore start in 2012, but the roster surrounding him has to be significantly better to help him out, and right now, he's lacking a #1 wr, his favorite target last year. He was signed as a backup to Henne, and he's getting backup money. I believe it is worth bringing in competition and seeing if we can't get more out of that position.

That would've been the case had they landed Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning. Need weapons an a better OL.

Dude once again he won games at the end and Matt Moore didn't. Everything else you said doesn't change that fact. Matt Moore has also been in the league as long and hasn't done squat. Smith is better than Moore is, anyone with any football IQ knows this. I just don't know about 8 mil a year better. Once again I would bet that we don't even go 8-8 with Moore at QB with the receiving core we have.
well im going to play the role of u, because when u bring up moore, these are the things u bring up, so ill do that for smith also.

career stats.

averaging 179.2 yds per game. 68 tds, 58 ints, 76,4 rating, completion pct of 58.0, 41 fumbles, 18 lost, in 70 career games.

the 49ers record in that span not including 2008 because he didnt play that year, 43-53. now obviously thats more than 70 which is the amount of games hes played in, in his career, but u get the point, just like the reference u made about a football iq, anyone with a football iq knows the 49ers have not exactly been tearing up the league with the exception of this past season since smith was drafted.

to say that its a no brainer that smith is better than moore is comical. heck, smith may not be that much better than henne. i would for sure take smith over him, but its not a no brainer.

smith is a medicore qb. thats what he is. he can make plays with his feet at times, he will make throws here and there, but just like u say about moore all the time, well smith is not carrying a team to a superbowl or even deep to the playoffs unless he has a stout defense ( 49ers 2011) and he couldnt even make plays to win that game despite the 49ers defense playing arguably their best defensive game of the year.

if u want an upgrade, u upgrade, but u dont get another guy who is similar. even if smith was better, which is deff debatable, its not by much where he would take us over the hump.

i find it remarkable that a guy who was drafted 1st overall gets so many passes. seeing the way u ripped Moore this year, who was a 7th round draft pick, had no expectations, and was brought in to be a backup, yet u are trying to defend how smith is a pretty good qb when the expectation level for him is on a different planet. smith is mediocre at best.

Back
Top Bottom