Matt Ryan; too good to pass up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan; too good to pass up

i still cant get over it. 6 games in his senior year agaisnt mostly chump teams, and hes worth $60 million and the #1 pick?

For all the nay sayers who dont beleive that Ryan is a franchise quarterback, let me ask you this question; Can you name any other players who played for Boston College last season?

Matt Ryan lead that program. He did it with his toughness and his great leadership ability. Matt Ryan has top notch intangibles, which is what you look for in a franchise quarterback. He simply has the moxie to succeed in the NFL.

The best athletes have a rare combination of qualities-skill, poise and the kind of moxie that says, "When the game's on the line, Ill make the play to win it." NFL teams pay scouts to find players who have this gift, particulary when teams are evaluating the most important postion on the field. There's and "it" factor for quarterbacks.

Matt Ryan has that "it" factor and hes a guy you can build your team around. Parcells has been doing this for a while and he knows when a guy is too good to pass up.

And I dont really see any other quarterbacks that will be entering the draft the next couple years that will be rated higher than Matt Ryan.

...Wow.. it sounds like you just described John Beck's college career to a "T". I believe he's got more come from behind victories than Ryan also.

New Ryans surface most years. The problem is new Mannings and Palmers don't. Two years ago to SF, Alex Smith looked like a once in a decade QB too. LaMarcus Russell, who underperformed Beck, looked that way to old Al last year. Looking back the last 3 years I see at least 3 and possibly 6 QBs who could have easily been taken before Ryan so who's to say none will be available in the 09 or 10 drafts? One of those was Jay Cutler who went at 11, so we don't necessarily need to be at the top of the draft (hopefully we won't be) and waste the #1 pick if we luck into a Young/Leinart/Cutler or E.Manning/Rivers/Roeslisburger deep draft providing Beck doesn't cut it. And who had Cutler, who may be the best of that trio on the radar the previous year? Or Big Ben for that matter??

With that said, however, if there was a way we could get Ryan (or Brohm) at 2A, or even trade up into the mid teens to mid 20's , I'd say "Go For It".. at that investment the potential gain of getting a steady QB probably outweights the risk of him turning into Couch, Smith, Harrington, Carr, and possibly Russell the way he's going.

You're insane. Boston College had a very good football team.. a great D and a great O-line. Matt Ryan did a good job with his little dumpoff passes though, which he did about half of the time.

I think it's telling that BC's left tackle, Cherilus, is being mentioned as a possible 1st round draft pick so he had plenty of help and still threw a bunch in interceptions..

Where's Beck's BYU LT today?? .. and look how well he did!

all this crazy matt ryan hype has me worried that we could actually consider him at #1 !!!!! Please make it go away !! Jake ! or Chris!

He made Boston College, without him they were just average team.
Other QB's like Matt Leinart and Jamarques Russell had a great supporting cast.

and WITH him they were just an average team :err: Did he win a national championship ? Did he win a BCS Bowl Game ? Did he win an ACC Championship ? Did he win his own division in the ACC ?

The answer I believe is a big fat NO to all of them. :wink:

So what makes this guy so "unbelieveable" that the Dolphins can't pass on him ? Just because Mel Kiper & Mike Mayock say so ???? :rolleyes:

No , it goes way over yours.. Because it's quite obvious to anyone who has really studied Matt Ryan playing football.

I cannot believe there is anyone here (including the Ryan supporters) who saw enough of Ryan in college to be that confident that he's going to be a franchise player. People keep going on about his great "intangibles" - sure but I couldn't really give a £%*& how great his leadership skills are if his decision making, arm and accuracy are clearly not good enough to warrant a high draft pick.
I have seen seven of his games and I am confident he'll be at least as good as Hasselbeck. He has the size, accuracy, arm and intangibles to be a very good QB in the pros

You're insane. Boston College had a very good football team.. a great D and a great O-line. Matt Ryan did a good job with his little dumpoff passes though, which he did about half of the time.
Theire oline wasnt great this year. it stunk. cherilus playing on the left side was horrible.

:chuckle:

Now watch the Ryan lovers come and bash Beck in order to make Ryan look good, they're so predictable haha

And watch the John Beck lovers bash Matt Ryan in order to make John Beck look good. BTW Matt Ryan is the real deal.:d-day:

Don't you guys think Parcells & co. are going to want to make a big impact right off the bat with their 1st pick. Not a questionable QB who will take at least 2 yrs to show something, especially when you have guys like J. Long and C. Long, guys who could contribute right away and be staples on your teams new foundation for many years to come. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It seems like every year there are fans who need to fall in love with some QB. Look at the big picture guys.

:chuckle:

Now watch the Ryan lovers come and bash Beck in order to make Ryan look good, they're so predictable haha

Beck gets bashed on his "sucking" merits...apples and oranges to how much better Ryan is.

Beck gets bashed on his "sucking" merits...apples and oranges to how much better Ryan is.
Oh! Yeah! Ryan's going to come in and be great from game 1. What are you going to say if Ryan comes in and has a few bad games? You'll start with the "let's draft Tebow" threads. .....oooh! Yeah! Dig that man/love baby!!!:up:

Can we stop with the Ryan thing?! If he ends up in Miami, he`ll be the glorified $60,000,000 clipboard holder...we don`t need that! Let Atlanta pick him and go where he belongs. The guy is an under 62 percenter and he`s destined for back up duty. We have more pressing issues to address.

This is why Ryan should NEVER be an option to pick at #1.. Listen to what Phil Simms says about drafting quarterbacks here.. He pretty much states that anyone picking a QB high with Ryan's attributes is an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZ-p1ahPRc

Listen from about 1:20 onwards. Like I said, if he doesn't have a spectacular "physical attribute" that blows you away, STAY AWAY!

Back
Top Bottom