Matt Ryan; too good to pass up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan; too good to pass up

LOL I think its funny when people say "Well Matt Ryan is good but hes no Peyton Manning" well duh! I mean who is!? you cant compare Ryan to QB who is probably a sure fire 1st ballot hall of famer and possibly one of the greatest QB's of all time.

I think if we were picking like 3rd or 4th everyone would want Matt Ryan. If we did pick Ryan 1st overall some would call it a slight reach, others may not. I look at it as a necessary reach, kinda like last years draft Levi Brown going to Arizona, it was bit of a reach but they had to do it. From what I hear on ESPN and what not, the "experts" think Matt Ryan is one of the best players in this years draft.
That's the cusp of the Matt Ryan issue. IF we were drafting 3rd or 4th, most would have no issue with the drafting of Matt Ryan. However since we are drafting #1, many of Ryan's destractors do not believe he is worth being drafted that high and IMO you do not reach for a player, however how slight, with the #1 overall pick.

LOL I think its funny when people say "Well Matt Ryan is good but hes no Peyton Manning" well duh! I mean who is!? you cant compare Ryan to QB who is probably a sure fire 1st ballot hall of famer and possibly one of the greatest QB's of all time.

I think if we were picking like 3rd or 4th everyone would want Matt Ryan. If we did pick Ryan 1st overall some would call it a slight reach, others may not. I look at it as a necessary reach, kinda like last years draft Levi Brown going to Arizona, it was bit of a reach but they had to do it. From what I hear on ESPN and what not, the "experts" think Matt Ryan is one of the best players in this years draft.

There is no doubt most people believe he is the best qb available. I have yet to see anything or hear anyone use the word "SPECIAL" when talking about Ryan. If we're going to take a qb first he better be a blue chip propect. Ryan is good character guy with physical limitations. We already have that guy on our roster.

. For all the nay sayers who dont beleive that Ryan is a franchise quarterback, let me ask you this question; Can you name any other players who played for Boston College last season?

Silva and Tribble....both d-backs. :up: Ohh and Gosder Cherilus. I can't name anyone else off the top of my head.

That's the cusp of the Matt Ryan issue. IF we were drafting 3rd or 4th, most would have no issue with the drafting of Matt Ryan. However since we are drafting #1, many of Ryan's destractors do not believe he is worth being drafted that high and IMO you do not reach for a player, however how slight, with the #1 overall pick.

lol so drafting 3 spots ahead is an issue, most the time the issue is "is Jay Cutler going to be there?" or "Is Brady Quinn going to be there"

If we can draft Ted Ginn 9th, then we can draft Matt Ryan 1st overall

To have under 60% completions, and have a whopping 44% of your completions to backs via simple dump off's like Ryan did, is a bad combination no matter how you try to spin it.

I think ur misinterpating ur stat a little bit because Bc's Runningback was one of their #1 recivers since they didnt really have one.

lol so drafting 3 spots ahead is an issue, most the time the issue is "is Jay Cutler going to be there?" or "Is Brady Quinn going to be there"

If we can draft Ted Ginn 9th, then we can draft Matt Ryan 1st overall
If it was 3 spots lower in the draft, say the middle of the first round, then it probably would not be an issue. But when you are talking about the #1 overall pick versus the #3-4 overall pick, plus the financial committment involved, then it is an issue. A HUGE issue.

Drafting Ginn at #9 doesn't even come close to comparing drafting Ryan at #1. Ginn signed a 5-yr $19.6 million contract whereas Ryan would get something like 6-yr $60 million.

There is no doubt most people believe he is the best qb available. I have yet to see anything or hear anyone use the word "SPECIAL" when talking about Ryan. If we're going to take a qb first he better be a blue chip propect. Ryan is good character guy with physical limitations. We already have that guy on our roster.

Im not bashing Beck or anything but Matt Ryan has way more upside and has better physical tools.

Im not bashing Beck or anything but Matt Ryan has way more upside and has better physical tools.

Are you kidding me! The only thing Ryan has over Beck is his height. Beck has a better arm and mobility!

I like Ryan I just don't see him worthy of the first pick, and most people agree with that.

You're insane. Boston College had a very good football team.. a great D and a great O-line. Matt Ryan did a good job with his little dumpoff passes though, which he did about half of the time.

This post shows how little you know about Boston College or Matt Ryan.

I think ur misinterpating ur stat a little bit because Bc's Runningback was one of their #1 recivers since they didnt really have one.

I think he's trying to say that if you are throwing to a RB so much, the completion rate should be much higher

Absolutely not! Not me! We have to start building a new foundation and that starts with the interior, OL/DL.

I don't get why some people can't get this simple logic. You won't know what Ryan has for a couple years at least. If you think there's not going to be a steep learning curve from Boston college to the NFL you're fooling yourself.

Picking anywhere in the top 10 gives you practically just as good a shot at getting solid impact player as the #1 overall, the plan shouldn't change, whatever that plan is.

Absolutely not! Not me! We have to start building a new foundation and that starts with the interior, OL/DL.

I don't get why some people can't get this simple logic. You won't know what Ryan has for a couple years at least. If you think there's not going to be a steep learning curve from Boston college to the NFL you're fooling yourself.

Picking anywhere in the top 10 gives you practically just as good a shot at getting solid impact player as the #1 overall, the plan shouldn't change, whatever that plan is.

well you have to look at all the talent this year in the LT postion, we can find a solid LT in the 2nd round

well you have to look at all the talent this year in the LT postion, we can find a solid LT in the 2nd round
That would be nice, but I feel there's going to be a big run on tackles in the 1st, the top guys are too good to pass up. Mark my words! Especially the LT prospects. Most of guys left in the 2nd. will be projects or RT's. C. Williams and J. Long are the best LT prospects in this draft IMO, and they'll both be long gone by the 2nd. It's too important a position.

We will see no impact from Ryan this year and ignoring building a strong foundation will cripple us for years to come. JMO. Can you suffer more years of this darkness we've been dwelling in. I can't! How would that effect Parcells & co., NO impact his 1st 2 years? I doubt it!

Its because we already addressed the Dline in free agency, there will be Right Tackles available in the 2nd round, Carey may not be a dominant Left Tackle but he's ok there and Offensive Guards can be gotten all the way to the 6th round

Back
Top Bottom