Matt Ryan; too good to pass up | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan; too good to pass up

I think ur misinterpating ur stat a little bit because Bc's Runningback was one of their #1 recivers since they didnt really have one.

No I believe all of us think that it means he should have a much higher completion rate if your passing to the backs alot.

all of you can say what you want about the differences between Beck and Ryan,but here's a difference i see...Beck has some NFL game playing experience,Ryan has yet to be even drafted by an NFL team. despite what any of you think about Beck or Ryan,none of you can argue with that!!!!

Its because we already addressed the Dline in free agency, there will be Right Tackles available in the 2nd round, Carey may not be a dominant Left Tackle but he's ok there and Offensive Guards can be gotten all the way to the 6th round
No, Carey should be on the right. I don't think I'd want someone who's "ok" as a LT, especially when you can have one who has potential to be great. Carey should be on the right. Imagine Carey on the right, a potentially great LT, Satele in the middle, Smiley, who can pull, which will be great for the running game and maybe another guard in the draft! Now that would be great. That's a foundation you can build around.

Again, you've seen the protection our QB's have gotten over these last years, right? What do you think Ryan or anyone else for that matter, could do with that protection the way it's been. He'll never have time to grow and mature by having the time to learn how to go through his correct reads and progressions etc.., like you've seen from our QB's.

Also, we seemed to have lost the ability to get to the QB. Remember the time the other teams QB's would have? I'd be yelling at the screen "get to him!!". When you give any Qb that much time they're always going to be able to pick you apart, as we've seen happen to us too many times. Which is why a great pass rusher is also very important. We can't ignore the D for a year!, that would be crazy IMO.

No, Carey should be on the right. I don't think I'd want someone who's "ok" as a LT, especially when you can have one who has potential to be great. Carey should be on the right. Imagine Carey on the right, a potentially great LT, Satele in the middle, Smiley, who can pull, which will be great for the running game and maybe another guard in the draft! Now that would be great. That's a foundation you can build around.

Again, you've seen the protection our QB's have gotten over these last years, right? What do you think Ryan or anyone else for that matter, could do with that protection the way it's been. He'll never have time to grow and mature by having the time to learn how to go through his correct reads and progressions etc.., like you've seen from our QB's.

Also, we seemed to have lost the ability to get to the QB. Remember the time the other teams QB's would have? I'd be yelling at the screen "get to him!!". When you give any Qb that much time they're always going to be able to pick you apart, as we've seen happen to us too many times. Which is why a great pass rusher is also very important. We can't ignore the D for a year!, that would be crazy IMO.
This is our front seven as it stands after free agency with the bolded players being the starters. Add one cornerback and this is a solid foundation from which to build on. Completely different than our offense which has glaring holes on the offensive line, tight end, slot receiver and qb positions. Can the front seven be improved, absolutely and it will have to be but OT,OG,QB,WR,TE are screaming for improvement. The more I looked at it the more I'm convinced that Chris Long as an OLB is a luxury pick we cant afford. With Moses, Wright and Anderson all showing flashes of ability we not only have starting depth but backup depth as well. To me its either Jake Long or Matt Ryan now and I dont see Long being that much better than Carey on the left side. I dont see Long being a top ten LOT and he would have to be to justify the pick. To me, we get ourselves a right tackle this year like Cherilus or Baker with the 2nd and maybe a project LOT like King Dunlap or Oniel Cousins with a 4th or a Will Robinson with a 6th

91 Holliday, Vonnie DE
94 Starks, Randy DE
90 Wright, Rodrique DE
75 Robinson, Derreck DE

95 Ferguson, Jason NT
96 Soliai, Paul NT
60 Fifita, Steve NT

99 Taylor, Jason OLB
55 Porter, Joey OLB

74 Moses, Quentin OLB
53 Wright, Abraham OLB
98 Roth, Matt OLB
56 Anderson, Charlie OLB
93 Ninkovich, Rob OLB
43 Glymph, Junior OLB
51 Washington, Mark OLB
57 Church, Marcello OLB

59 Torbor, Reggie ILB
52 Crowder, Channing ILB

58 Smith, Kelvin ILB
50 Miles, Edmond ILB

This is our front seven as it stands after free agency with the bolded players being the starters. Add one cornerback and this is a solid foundation from which to build on. Completely different than our offense which has glaring holes on the offensive line, tight end, slot receiver and qb positions. Can the front seven be improved, absolutely and it will have to be but OT,OG,QB,WR,TE are screaming for improvement. The more I looked at it the more I'm convinced that Chris Long as an OLB is a luxury pick we cant afford. With Moses, Wright and Anderson all showing flashes of ability we not only have starting depth but backup depth as well. To me its either Jake Long or Matt Ryan now and I dont see Long being that much better than Carey on the left side. I dont see Long being a top ten LOT and he would have to be to justify the pick. To me, we get ourselves a right tackle this year like Cherilus or Baker with the 2nd and maybe a project LOT like King Dunlap or Oniel Cousins with a 4th or a Will Robinson with a 6th

91 Holliday, Vonnie DE
94 Starks, Randy DE
90 Wright, Rodrique DE
75 Robinson, Derreck DE

95 Ferguson, Jason NT
96 Soliai, Paul NT
60 Fifita, Steve NT

99 Taylor, Jason OLB
55 Porter, Joey OLB

74 Moses, Quentin OLB
53 Wright, Abraham OLB
98 Roth, Matt OLB
56 Anderson, Charlie OLB
93 Ninkovich, Rob OLB
43 Glymph, Junior OLB
51 Washington, Mark OLB
57 Church, Marcello OLB

59 Torbor, Reggie ILB
52 Crowder, Channing ILB

58 Smith, Kelvin ILB
50 Miles, Edmond ILB
Alright brother! We're starting to agree on some things. I'll take what I can get.:up:

by that reasoning, wouldn't Matt Ryan have to be a top ten QB to justify the pick?

Hahahaha looks like one of the biggest ryan lovers got mad:boohoo:

Oh yeah, I'm just furious. Actually none of this rational debate makes me mad. I enjoy it. I also enjoy pointing out how terrible / meaningless, and often times personal your posts are.

by that reasoning, wouldn't Matt Ryan have to be a top ten QB to justify the pick?
yup and since i think he'll be at least as good as hasselbeck he enters the top ten

yup and since i think he'll be at least as good as hasselbeck he enters the top ten

You may be right..and I hope you are if Tuna ends up drafting him... However, I have little reason not to continue to believe that Beck will turn into the next Drew Brees - hopefully not in as long a time LOL. So if we're gonna play subjective soothsayer, :jimmyjames: the question is: where would you put Brees compared to Hasselbeck (yes John's the "Beck" without the "hassle") within the top ten????

91 Holliday, Vonnie DE
94 Starks, Randy DE
90 Wright, Rodrique DE
75 Robinson, Derreck DE

95 Ferguson, Jason NT
96 Soliai, Paul NT
60 Fifita, Steve NT

99 Taylor, Jason OLB
55 Porter, Joey OLB
74 Moses, Quentin OLB
53 Wright, Abraham OLB
98 Roth, Matt OLB
56 Anderson, Charlie OLB
93 Ninkovich, Rob OLB
43 Glymph, Junior OLB
51 Washington, Mark OLB
57 Church, Marcello OLB

59 Torbor, Reggie ILB
52 Crowder, Channing ILB
58 Smith, Kelvin ILB
50 Miles, Edmond ILB

I agree to a certain extent, the defense still needs help especially at CB (one stud starter to compliment Allen) and S (Y.Bell hasn't finished a season yet). Offense could be the focal point of this draft and starting with J.Long we open the oppurtunity to a stud dropping to our 32nd pick. Guys like Sweed/Hardy/Malcolm at WR or B.Albert at OG, one of them could be there. Then a QB with our 2b if you really think thats needed that early (I don't), if we go WR with 2a then a solid guard could be had with the 2b pick and a solid TE with our 3rd. This deals with all our offensive holes and allows for a project QB later and some Defense later aswell. With a real good line Beck can get some time to hit our new toys.
I also see JT as trade bait come draft day aswell, whether that's another pick or two or a player we'll see.

Oh yeah, I'm just furious. Actually none of this rational debate makes me mad. I enjoy it. I also enjoy pointing out how terrible / meaningless, and often times personal your posts are.

I enjoy pointing out the truth, I know it hurts so that's why you respond to my posts

BTW I'm not the one taking it personal, I have yet to call any names, and if you get mad that's too bad because guess what? I'm gonna keep posting haha!

Back
Top Bottom