Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matty Ice No.1 Makes Most Sense

Bummer. People need to ease up on the Soap IMHO. True the guy does say things that make no sense(like calling Beck a bust)!

Have you had to spend most of your day cleaning up his threads?
Have you had to move and delete some threads that made no sense?
Have you had to respond to report after report on him?
We have a TOS that all must follow, including slipperysoap.
He can be as funny as he wants when he comes back, as long as he follows TOS.

So you are saying he wasn't banned for this thread...correct?

Good point. From reading his post about how Ginn shouldnt return kicks and Tony Bua and whoever Rick Cameron is, I guess I failed to consider the endless possibilities of the amount of pure garbage he might be posting that never gets read by me, due to the HARD WORK and effort of our Mods.

Point well taken and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Mr *ice* will be holding a clipboard and handing out water bottles for many years to come...and hopefully its not in Miami..

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

How do you know that beck is a bust? i think the kid can play give him a chance.

You all know I want us to draft Matty Ice No.1. John Beck is a bust and I dont want to wait around another year for the rest of the football world to realize what I allready know. The Brady Quinn trade does not look like it is going to go thru. :boohoo:

How do you know that beck is a bust? i think the kid can play give him a chance.

Probably the same way that the anti ryan people think he will be a bust. No friggin reason at all lol.

Bump for post of the month. I find myself having to read the line "Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Super Bowl here we come. Get real." every other day. What a great line. :lol:

http://www.miamiherald.com/858/story/452401.html

Here is an excerpt from the top 3 picks of the Mock draft from this article which just came out this afternoon. 3-11-08

1 - Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia (6-3, 272) - Just look at Bill Parcells' track record, which includes dealing Keyshawn Johnson for multiple picks while he was with the Jets, and otherwise pushing hard for the almost exclusive selection of first-round defenders during all of his coaching stops. Parcells will look hard at trading the pick for multiple selections later on - getting bodies in Miami is the number one priority right now - but with no suitors, he'll once again choose a difference-making defensive player.

2 - Rams - Jake Long, T, Michigan (6-7, 313) - Not much of a decision to be made here. The Rams' main Achilles' heel has been the offensive line, and they happen to be in position to select the best o-lineman in the draft. Long figures to begin his career on the right side, before eventually taking over for Orlando Pace on the left.

3 - Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-5, 228) - Word out of Atlanta is that owner Arthur Blank is enamored with Ryan, who will help give his beleaguered franchise a face to be marketed in the post-Vick, post-Petrino era. Also, Ryan should be as ready as any college QB to step in and play on day one, as he played in a pro system at B.C. and looks to have strong mental makeup. :D

If this statement in red is true why on earth would we not draft him No.1 Overall and start him from day one? This team needs a new Dan Marino a new franchise QB and we are just going to hand him off to the Falcons and put all our eggs on freakin John Beck and Josh McCown? :unsure:

I would not even trade down with the Falcons unless they gave us a kings ransom in picks and players. We cannot take Chris Long which is going to be another Matt Roth and his only claim to fame is that he is Howie Longs son. Wow we drafted another cornfed linebacker. Superbowl here we come. Get Real.

This draft will really suck if we do not draft Matt Ryan. Every season the team and some fans find some kind of excuse not to draft a QB in the first round. That is why we are were we are as a franchise. Not because of the coaching changes and the busts in the draft. It's because there is zero commitment to draft a top tier quarterback in the draft. The Dolphins settle for garbage throw aways from other teams and second round physically chalenged money bargains like John Beck who will be 28 years old in September in his second year and people on here will jump on his bandwagon wanting to give him a second chance when it is obvious he is a bust. I suspect these are the same fans that wanted to give Cam Cameron's 1-15 debacle a sequel.

:alert:FLAME AWAY:alert:

i can understand you wanting to draft MATT RYAN.. but what really "grinds my gears"(got that from family guy!:lol:) is that you call beck a bust after 4 games.

i guess this is the thread that got soap banned? weird to go back and read it. i kinda miss him

the day of the draft i will start a thread that invites all you ryan lovers in so we (sane one) can let you have it. if have the onions to say that then you will have the unions to face up on draft day.

PS. where do u come off calling my boy johhny beck a bust, kids a 2nd round pick not from ohio state, not ND, but BYU. he had more time on the field then these qbs that went to top noch schols and were drafted way before. if we took him 1 overall last year, you can call him a bust, but not with a 2nd round selection.

Is this true? I thought none of the ban talk was serious? I thought this was just drama? Or is this just another phase of the joke?

Yeah, Soap has gone over the top in his debates, but there are people that are just as ridiculous on the other side of the argument who have made claims as far as Matt Ryan is a noodle armed wuss who shouldn't even be drafted. And people fall all over themselves to thank whoever makes these comments.

:rolleyes2:

Kinda like all the ryan lovers when someone makes an anti-Beck comment

Is this true? I thought none of the ban talk was serious? I thought this was just drama? Or is this just another phase of the joke?

Yeah, Soap has gone over the top in his debates, but there are people that are just as ridiculous on the other side of the argument who have made claims as far as Matt Ryan is a noodle armed wuss who shouldn't even be drafted. And people fall all over themselves to thank whoever makes these comments.

Anytime you call a player a bust after 4 NFL games it instantly eliminates ANY crediability.

Beck will be in Fins uniform next september Ryan won't be. I don't think anyone here thinks Ryan is terrible prospect. Most people simply think he isn't worthy of the number one pick, and not a significant upgrade over Beck.

Cameron did an absolutely horrible job last year, and injuries didn't help. Their plan was for Beck to sit out all season. So Beck never had enough time under center running our offense to be anything close to prepared. He ran the scout team as 3rd string Qb. When you consider that we had traded away Chambers and lost Ronnie. It was foolish to put Beck in under those circumstances. I admit I wanted to see Beck play. It was simply too much to ask of a rookie qb to come in expect him to have success.

I love these draft post, from any perspective. Draft day Finheaven is going to be hopping with one side or the other gloating, their guy was picked and we were the smartest to see it coming. Good message board stuff.

There are basically two sides to the argument IMO. We have the Jake Long/Chris Long "in the trenches" guys. Then we have the McFadden and Ryan most "bang for the buck guys". The lines are drawn in the sand, pretty much.

Being A McFadden and Ryan guy I have tried to post the most reasonable things to sway others to my side. I have thrown stats. I have thrown previous drafts. I have thrown opinions derived from 30 something years of watching football. I have thrown everything but mud at this point but the "in the trenches guys" simply aren't going to listen.

I just figure a this point screw it. We draft who we draft and if we draft either Long I'll be sure to voice my displease of our offense averaging under 20 points a game again for the 6th straight year and working our way to last place in the division again. I will be sure to point out how much Jake or Chris Long have helped change the franchise.

Of course drafting Ryan or McFadden may turn against me but I feel pretty secure that that won't happen, so play on.

Back
Top Bottom