Mayweather/UFC | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather/UFC

I could see this happening for 2 reasons...Number one is obviously the money, Dana White would be smart to throw 10+ million his way, and he could easily do it for a guy that would draw MEGA numbers...Number two, if Mayweather thinks he could beat an MMA guy, I see no reason for him to say no. And considering fighters are inherently very self confident, he probably does think he could beat all these "street fighters"...

More than likely he would get his *** handed to him, since 90% of the time a fight ends up on the ground at some point, and that would render his skills useless...But if he could develop a good enough sprawl, and could defend even averagely against submissions, he would have a solid chance against a lot of fighters...

I think the figure would have to be a lot higher than 10 mill. He can make millions safely defending his titles why risk looking like a fool? Like I said before, he gains nothing from such a PPV. Other than money it would only hurt him, and the guy isnt hurting for money or out of job and desperate.

according to Collin Cowherd today, at the end of the Mayweather vs De La Hoya fight, there was a large contingent of fans in the building chanting "UFC."

Agreed. And Bill Bellicheck molested Tom Brady and Randy Moss watched.

if there allowed to kick, its a whole different story believe me....... even if they couldnt do takedowns.

it'd take over 40mil. to get this to happen, probably more...
and he'd get stopped in under 2 minutes unless he trained vigorously in mma for at least 7 months.

Oh man I would love to see this but I know Mayweather is too chicken**** to make it happen. He would probably get his leg or arm snapped in half by one of those UFC dudes. They dont play around.

I will say that I dont think a UFC fighter could stand up and box with Mayweather (especially with those UFC gloves which are small). Mayweather would most likely knock him out. With that said, if it was an all out fight, a UFC fighter would definitely win. Get Mayweather on the ground and its game over for him.

I have to laugh at this notion that somehow Mayweather should do this. Its laughable. He has absolutely nothing to prove. Hes the best boxer in the world right now which puts him on a completely different level than any UFC fighter. He just made PPV history with millions upon millions paying big bucks to watch him fight and hes going to fight someguy that fights on Spike TV every now and then? Cmon. I enjoy a good UFC fight as much as the next guy, the fighters are tough hombres with a ton of guts to get into the ring with each other, but to act as though Mayweather should even consider this is just stupid and silly. How about a UFC fighter fighting Mayweather using boxing rules? ANY of them would get beat down so fast its not even funny. He would lose to a great MMA fighter under their rules because he doesnt fight like that. Its like Peyton Manning challenging Lebron James to a basketball game, hes going to get mopped up, but Lebron would get mopped up in a Qb contest.

I have to laugh at this notion that somehow Mayweather should do this. Its laughable. He has absolutely nothing to prove. Hes the best boxer in the world right now which puts him on a completely different level than any UFC fighter. He just made PPV history with millions upon millions paying big bucks to watch him fight and hes going to fight someguy that fights on Spike TV every now and then? Cmon. I enjoy a good UFC fight as much as the next guy, the fighters are tough hombres with a ton of guts to get into the ring with each other, but to act as though Mayweather should even consider this is just stupid and silly. How about a UFC fighter fighting Mayweather using boxing rules? ANY of them would get beat down so fast its not even funny. He would lose to a great MMA fighter under their rules because he doesnt fight like that. Its like Peyton Manning challenging Lebron James to a basketball game, hes going to get mopped up, but Lebron would get mopped up in a Qb contest.

Again, your missing the whole point of this story. This whole thing came about because Mayweather was running his mouth about UFC fighters, saying it was nothing more than a fad and they were just street fighters that couldn't cut it in boxing. He brought this on himself. The whole "How about a UFC fighter in a boxing match" view on it is a moot point because thats not what started this whole story.

Again, your missing the whole point of this story. This whole thing came about because Mayweather was running his mouth about UFC fighters, saying it was nothing more than a fad and they were just street fighters that couldn't cut it in boxing. He brought this on himself. The whole "How about a UFC fighter in a boxing match" view on it is a moot point because thats not what started this whole story.

yea, he said they couldnt cut it in boxing not that UFC is a complete joke and he could walk in there and win everything. so get UFCs best boxer, and put him in a boxing ring.,

yea, he said they couldnt cut it in boxing not that UFC is a complete joke and he could walk in there and win everything. so get UFCs best boxer, and put him in a boxing ring.,

Whats the point? That still doesn't prove anything. That would be fine if one of the UFC guys said they could take Mayweather, but thats not the case. Its not even worth debating anymore really, Mayweather already backed down and said the only reason he mentioned it was to hype his fight.

Its beyond obvious that Mayweather would beat a UFC fighter in a boxing match, who would pay to see that?

No one would even pay to see him in a kickboxing match, and I doubt he would win that...This is about the number 1 draw in boxing fighting a match in the number 1 drawing organization of combat sports...THAT would draw huge numbers and make everyone involved a ton of money...

If Mayweather really thinks he is a better fighter, or if he thinks boxing is the dominant combat sport then he might think about taking this fight....

Its beyond obvious that Mayweather would beat a UFC fighter in a boxing match, who would pay to see that?

No one would even pay to see him in a kickboxing match, and I doubt he would win that...This is about the number 1 draw in boxing fighting a match in the number 1 drawing organization of combat sports...THAT would draw huge numbers and make everyone involved a ton of money...

If Mayweather really thinks he is a better fighter, or if he thinks boxing is the dominant combat sport then he might think about taking this fight....

Exactly

Whats the point? That still doesn't prove anything. That would be fine if one of the UFC guys said they could take Mayweather, but thats not the case. Its not even worth debating anymore really, Mayweather already backed down and said the only reason he mentioned it was to hype his fight.
Point is UFC was hopign to bully mayweather into a fight by publicly offering him money when they knew damn well he wasn't going to take it. Now the fans can sit back and say how much better UFC is and that any boxer would get their *** kicked, mayweather's a coward etc. All in all UFC came out looking good in this, unless you see through the bull**** that is.

Point is UFC was hopign to bully mayweather into a fight by publicly offering him money when they knew damn well he wasn't going to take it. Now the fans can sit back and say how much better UFC is and that any boxer would get their *** kicked, mayweather's a coward etc. All in all UFC came out looking good in this, unless you see through the bull**** that is.

The point is the UFC offered Mayweather a chance to back up his mouth after he took a shot at them in the first place.

Does anyone really think this would have ever came about had he not bad mouthed the UFC????

Back
Top Bottom