McClain afraid of combine? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain afraid of combine?

NamathDrunkLove

Starter
Reaction score
He is choosing not to participate in the combine. My guess is he and his agent both know that he is not going to put up good numbers. Even if this is just my opinion, it is not a good thing for him that he is not participating.

not good esp. since his stock is dropping. He still will be the No. 1 rated ILB, but looks like he'll be dropping on some big boards. There is an article here where he is running 4.5's. i dont know why he wouldn't participate

he did the bench press im pretty sure...i thought he benched 25 reps

not good esp. since his stock is dropping. He still will be the No. 1 rated ILB, but looks like he'll be dropping on some big boards. There is an article here where he is running 4.5's. i dont know why he wouldn't participate

I have never thought that he was a top ten talent (mainly because of his athleticism). Because there were questions about his athleticism before the combine, he is only hurting his stock by not running. Not only is he not running, he is not participating in any of the drills. If there were reports of him running in the 4.50 range then why is he not running? I do not buy that. After watching him on film I have never been "wowed" by his quickness or speed.

Someone on this board also mentioned how on initial contact he does not push anyone back. With his size, you would imagine that he would have some thump to him.

He is choosing not to participate in the combine. My guess is he and his agent both know that he is not going to put up good numbers. Even if this is just my opinion, it is not a good thing for him that he is not participating.
Why should he? He's the best ILB in the draft. He really has more to lose than to gain. I think it's smart that he doesn't participate and keeps training for his pro day. However, if he doesn't perform well at his pro day, that's when it will bad. Much like Spikes

can anyone let me know if McClain did do the bench press? im pretty sure they showed a buncha guys like Suh, McCoy, Graham, Weatherspoon, McClain and other LBs and DL doing the bench press last night. If im not mistaken McClain only put up 25

Why should he? He's the best ILB in the draft. He really has more to lose than to gain. I think it's smart that he doesn't participate and keeps training for his pro day. However, if he doesn't perform well at his pro day, that's when it will bad. Much like Spikes

How does he have more to loose? His athleticism is already in question...

Not a good sign for a guy playing a position that is all about competing. It's not like he needs Alabama orange pylon cones to run the agility drills. Put your skills against the other LBs and let it fly. Run the 40 on the same turf as the other guys.

Unless he's injured, his not participating is a big red flag, especially as high as #12 overall.

Both are opinions just like mine, but at least he could have answered the first with him running at the combine today which he is not.

I can promise you he would rather compete and get it over with - but Im sure he is just doing what his agent told him to do.

He will be picked in the 10 thru 15 range no matter what you meatheads think..FACT.

Back
Top Bottom