McClain afraid of combine? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain afraid of combine?

Actually I still like Spikes....although I liked him in the 2nd/3rd round range....but he's even more unathletic than I thought....obviously doesn't take a tremendous amount of athletic ability to jump piles....

I'll still take him in the 3rd/4th round range....because he can blitz...

So he is obviously worried that he he may hurt his stock.. and in this case why the heck are you going to invest a high pick on a guy who is hiding something.
You do realize how many players who know they will be high picks do this every year right? Obviously not. McClain's going to run around a 4.6 at his pro day, make no mistake about it. I'll guess a 4.65 at the highest. The scouts know if he sat out because of a Hammy, that's all that matters. Only people that are upset he didn't run at the combine are fans and "experts" like Mayock or Kiper. Scouts will wait until his Pro Day, no problem. But I mean going by your logic, we'd be stupid to draft Dez Bryant because he's obviously hiding something...

Hard to get a good comparison of Spikes and McClain on LB drills when Rolando wimps out like he did. I don't have Spikes off my board but I don't have him high on it either. And if Spikes does run a 5.0 then I would have him lower than 2nd round, though still a good fit for this defense at the right price.

i guess Dez Bryant, Tebow, Claussen, McCoy, etc wimped out as well. you know better than anyone its a business, and hes acting on advice of his agent.

i guess Dez Bryant, Tebow, Claussen, McCoy, etc wimped out as well. you know better than anyone its a business, and hes acting on advice of his agent.

Considering all of those players (excluding Tebow, but at least he did everything but throw. All McClain did was weigh in, lift, and do interviews) had legitimate excuses not to participate, I have to disagree with your assessment. They are not wimps. They all reported injuries weeks before the combine and stated that they would not be participating. I find it very strange that the news came up that McClain would not be participating in the LB drills or workouts just a few minutes before the workouts started. I have not found a single article anywhere stating he was injured during the senior bowl and that he would not be participating in the drills at the combine.

Considering all of those players (excluding Tebow, but at least he did everything but throw. All McClain did was weigh in, lift, and do interviews) had legitimate excuses not to participate, I have to disagree with your assessment. They are not wimps. They all reported injuries weeks before the combine and stated that they would not be participating. I find it very strange that the news came up that McClain would not be participating in the LB drills or workouts just a few minutes before the workouts started. I have not found a single article anywhere stating he was injured during the senior bowl and that he would not be participating in the drills at the combine.

Casserly also reported that McCoy was examined and was healthy, or very close to it. The reality is the qb's want to throw to their receivers on a script at their Proday to look as good as possible. Im glad Tim Tebow came out and lifted and ran, I mean thats how I want to evaluate a qb. Why is it ok for all these other players to want to perform with a " home field advantage" but McClain is a wimp? Its fine to disagree on McClains abilities and draft value, or his fit for the Phins defense, but hold all the other players to the same standard then. Tebow had no excuse to not throw if we go by your logic.

You do realize how many players who know they will be high picks do this every year right? Obviously not. McClain's going to run around a 4.6 at his pro day, make no mistake about it. I'll guess a 4.65 at the highest. The scouts know if he sat out because of a Hammy, that's all that matters. Only people that are upset he didn't run at the combine are fans and "experts" like Mayock or Kiper. Scouts will wait until his Pro Day, no problem. But I mean going by your logic, we'd be stupid to draft Dez Bryant because he's obviously hiding something...

Mcclain is not injured... he just does not want to be exposed.

Let me ask you a question.... why is a Ndamukong Suh ( a guaranteed top 3 pick ) participating in the combine workouts and drills?

Back
Top Bottom