McClain afraid of combine? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain afraid of combine?

Perhaps you will finally get it. He doesnt have to help his case. He can only hurt it.

If he ran today and ran at the pro day you can only be HELPED by having 2 numbers. All the guys have said several times during the combine coverage that they just want to see their BEST times to see what their potential is.

So he is actually HURTING himself by only giving himself 1 public official workout instead of 2.

Brandon Spikes pretty much blew tadpoles in drills today.....he looked sloppy....

I wouldn't be surprised if McClain, Weatherspoon, and Butler all come off the board before he does.....Spikes is struggling to earn a mid-round grade right now......

...oh well....so much for the 1st round pick hype he earned around here...

If he ran today and ran at the pro day you can only be HELPED by having 2 numbers. All the guys have said several times during the combine coverage that they just want to see their BEST times to see what their potential is.

So he is actually HURTING himself by only giving himself 1 public official workout instead of 2.
It doesnt really matter. It upsets people on the NFL Network and ESPN, but scouts get over it quickly.

The drama queens all swore Andre Smith could fall to the second round last year - but everyone with common sense knew he was still a top ten pick. Most understand it is a business.

Perhaps you will finally get it. He doesnt have to help his case. He can only hurt it.

So he is obviously worried that he he may hurt his stock.. and in this case why the heck are you going to invest a high pick on a guy who is hiding something.

Let's see...take the opinion of current and former scouts and or players about McClain or some forum geek breakin down you-tube videos....hhhmmmm...I'll go with the coaches, scouts and players, but thanks for your opinion...

It doesnt really matter. It upsets people on the NFL Network and ESPN, but scouts get over it quickly.

The drama queens all swore Andre Smith could fall to the second round last year - but everyone with common sense knew he was still a top ten pick. Most understand it is a business.

Yeah but... ILB isn't as much of a premium position as LT... obviously he'll still go in the 1st.

just heard mayock say they got word from mcclains agent that he has a hamstring injury since the bowl game.

he's had two MRI's apparently.... hard to believe they would make that up, but maybe.

Brandon Spikes pretty much blew tadpoles in drills today.....he looked sloppy....

I wouldn't be surprised if McClain, Weatherspoon, and Butler all come off the board before he does.....Spikes is struggling to earn a mid-round grade right now......

...oh well....so much for the 1st round pick hype he earned around here...

I asked CK if indeed he runs a 5 sec 40 if he's still the best "fit" for the Phins defense. I dont want to go anywhere near this guy. whats the point? is he head and shoulders better than Crowder?

I asked CK if indeed he runs a 5 sec 40 if he's still the best "fit" for the Phins defense. I dont want to go anywhere near this guy. whats the point? is he head and shoulders better than Crowder?

Yeah Micah Johnson ran a 4.99 also... . bleah.

you wanted to see him run a forty to determine his agility and change of direction???
I'll ask again... how much tape DID you watch of mcclain where you actually broke down mcclain???

mike singletary was saying whoever gets this guy will have one heckuva a football player. 40 times for ILBs are overrated.

mcclain thinks he can run close to a 4.5.... we'll see. hopefully he doesn't, if he does I have a hunch he will be gone before 12.

I agree a 40 time for an inside backer is over rated, unless of course its near 5 seconds lol. instincts cant be taught or coached. you have it or you dont. and if you have them, and can anticiapte where a play is going, it will always make up for any lack of perceived speed.

Hard to get a good comparison of Spikes and McClain on LB drills when Rolando wimps out like he did. I don't have Spikes off my board but I don't have him high on it either. And if Spikes does run a 5.0 then I would have him lower than 2nd round, though still a good fit for this defense at the right price.

Yah and vice versa,if you have great speed but below average instincts and smarts you will have a hard time as well...constantly being behind and out of position,kinda like Crowder and Ayodale...

Back
Top Bottom