McClain afraid of combine? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain afraid of combine?

brandon spikes isn't running either.

there are plenty of guys over the years who haven't run, haven't benched, haven't thrown....

I get that you don't like mcclain, but your in the minority. he's a sure fire first round pick.

get used to that.

With signing Dansby you get a proven player and you do not have to give up a draft pick. And at the 12th spot in the draft you better have some pretty good measurables to be picked that high. Again, if he was so athletic, then why are so many people questioning his athleticism? Everywhere you look online scouts question his athleticism. I do not doubt that he has the talent to be a very good player, just at the 12th spot in the draft I want someone with measurables to go along with instincts.
McClain is plenty atheltic enough. So what he's not Patrick Willis athletic. You're going to find very, very few ILB's McClain's size with his speed and athleticism.

If you compare every ILB that comes out to Lewis or Willis, you're never going to be satisfied, ever. McCLain is almost a Dansby clone, yet everybody wants us to sign Dansby. You don't have to have elite athleticism to be a very good ILB, and watching tape on MCClain you can see that he's plenty athletic enough to make it at the next level, no question about it.

I guess that explains why he has opted out of the forty-yard dash and all athletic drills at the Scouting Combine.... oh wait he is injured :rolleyes2:

When you actually watch the film on him. When did it become so fashionable to fall in love and compare him to pro bowl players?

what film have you watched on mcclain.

the fact that you want to watch the guy do 3 cone drills and run a 40 yard dash to determine his athleticism says a lot to me.

you have probably heard a time or two that he has a tendency to tackle high. this is true. it's easy to form an opinion when all you do is read a few scout articles and watch some youtube videos.

he is without question a top fifteen talent. Not to say he will be a top fifteen pick, because even nfl network just said that there could be OL selected in 4 of the first 9 nine picks. drafting is about BPA and NEED.

I have a hard time digesting why you are so down on this guy.

what ILB do you have rated higher than him.

the guys at the combine just said the first thing they see when they showed spikes...(as he was in sweats, skipping the 40)... was a mike backer in a 4-3... some guys just project into different schemes more than others.

I sure would HATE for the Pats to get McClain.

well, the Pats are going to be getting some very good value in the 2nd. just another draft with the Pats having tonnes of picks lol.

i kinda have the feeling that if mcclain were there, def take him at 12. but deep down im hoping he isnt and we take weatherspoon.

I think it's pretty clear that BOTH Brandon Spikes and Rolando McClain have something to hide, and that is why they're not running. I'm not biased here. I've been talking up Brandon Spikes for years, whereas I've only recently taken issue with the notion that Rolando McClain is top 10 talent. I'm disappointed on both fronts, but it's clear that they're trying to hide something.

Back
Top Bottom