McClain afraid of combine? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain afraid of combine?

Again, he has more to lose than to gain. There's a reason you see guys who are at the top of their position not participate, and that's the reason why. If he runs a 4.55 at his pro day do you think anyone is going to care that he didn't run at the combine?

McClain has a hamstring. That's why he only did the bench press.

As I said in another thread about McClain, I always view him as a ILB in a 3-4 that played behind a massive, very good college NT.

IMO, one big reason he did so well was who he played with.

Well that tells me that his agent questions his athleticism too.

It has more to do with momentum than actual black and white numbers. He interviewed well so there is no need to leave the combine on a bad note - because he isnt going to blow the scouts away.

As I said in another thread about McClain, I always view him as a ILB in a 3-4 that played behind a massive, very good college NT.

He played extremely well as a true freshman behind a guy that now plays defensive end.

He MIGHT have a hamstring injury. It just seems convenient that you hear about it 5 minutes before the LB's run their 40's.
Actually it was repored yesterday that he wouldn't run at the combine and his agent said it's an injury he's been dealing with since the Senior Bowl, and has undergone two MRI's on it.

Again, he has more to lose than to gain. There's a reason you see guys who are at the top of their position not participate, and that's the reason why. If he runs a 4.55 at his pro day do you think anyone is going to care that he didn't run at the combine?

Pro days are not electronically timed. Which is why it is weird that he would not run with a more accurate system. Again, people already question his athleticism. How is it going to hurt him if he comes out and runs a 4.8? People would already be expecting it. I have looked and looked, and I cannot find any article online that says he has come anywhere near running a 4.5 forty. I found a thread on this board that says "he hopes" he runs in the 4.5 range. Well I'm sure patrick willis was hoping that he would run in the 4.3 range....

Wrong. He played most of his snaps without Cody even on the field, and was just as good.

witherspoon is having a great combine it seems, spranao is looking at him right now as spoon running a 40 yard dash he just got a 4.57 on his 40 not bad

spikes isn't running either...

and that massive dt in front of mcclain could barely even finish his 40...lol

Pro days are not electronically timed. Which is why it is weird that he would not run with a more accurate system. Again, people already question his athleticism. How is it going to hurt him if he comes out and runs a 4.8? People would already be expecting it. I have looked and looked, and I cannot find any article online that says he has come anywhere near running a 4.5 forty. I found a thread on this board that says "he hopes" he runs in the 4.5 range. Well I'm sure patrick willis was hoping that he would run in the 4.3 range....
Like I said, if he runs a 4.8, it will look bad. If he runs around a 4.6, nobody is even going to remember he didn't run in the combine because of a hammy.

Back
Top Bottom