McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract

Don't think we can fix it in one year unless the draft is almost dedicated to just that and by some chance they all work out and can play at the NFL level. Not likely. Its just par for the course, how long has it been since we had a good OL? We almost have to really hope one to two of the young guys we have work out also.

Season tickets cancelled!

I doubt we can fix this line next year unless we spend big time in free agency on at least 2 lineman and then also draft heavy and early in the draft....and that of course would mean that we likely won't get much in terms of play makers or other positions in general :boohoo:

This is a sad story. The Dolphins have 1 offensive lineman for next year! I'm no GM but I think you try to resign John Jerry and draft oline picks 1,4,5,6 if Ireland is GM, and if we have a new GM draft OL 1,2,3. Yes Ireland can't draft in the 2nd or 3rd round, so if he is the GM we should trade those picks every year until he's gone. Also, if Ireland is still GM the owner needs to mandate you cannot make trades, because you have proven throughout your tenure your trades always end up failing, so no trades.

The problem with resigning guys like Jerry and Clabo is you're essentially going to be paying starter money for back-up talent. Whoever replaces Ireland (fingers crossed) either needs to be a draft guru or needs to bring a draft guru on board. Quality drafts is going to have to be our ticket out of mediocrity because we have too many holes to fill to think free agency alone is the answer. This team needs a long-term (3-4 year) plan. Right now, we're just flailing our arms.

But, like aren't the 60% of this board who are Ireland fanboys always telling us the problem is coaching, not the picks? Maybe Ross plans to give Ireland 30 more years to test the theory that if you put enough monkeys in a room full of typewriters you'll eventually get a Shakespeare play? In 30 years if we're lucky we might have two good offensive linemen.

Guard play is big right now on the nfl. We need linemen in general but u can void tackles when rushing the passer. Guard is the biggest need right now. Jerry is awful. Figures cogs backup gets hurt when we are running all over Sd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What scares me about this news now is how is this years front office deciding who will be here if they are going to be fired???

I mean many feel JI is gone and possibly Philbin (which I've seen enough of his terrible game management and stubborn ways) then why are they deciding now that McKinnie is not in 2014 plans? Unless that means they are safe and Ross has given them assurances that they will be given another shot. That is truly scary to me.

Haven't we been mediocre enough to need sweeping changes?

I have no problem with getting more athletic on the line, if we are going to play ZBS we must get more athletic. When was Wade Smith drafted? He's gotta be getting near or past 30 yeah.

Honestly Garner has played well in the interior. Pouncey may be best suited for LG even tho he is very good at C as long as he doesn't room with the unfreed hernandez!

We need to add a few vets to the line this offseason. I like Brenner he battles he's got some upside from what I've seen, but I don't want them to pencil him in as the starter he still needs grooming IMO.

What scares me about this news now is how is this years front office deciding who will be here if they are going to be fired???

I mean many feel JI is gone and possibly Philbin (which I've seen enough of his terrible game management and stubborn ways) then why are they deciding now that McKinnie is not in 2014 plans? Unless that means they are safe and Ross has given them assurances that they will be given another shot. That is truly scary to me.

Haven't we been mediocre enough to need sweeping changes?

I have no problem with getting more athletic on the line, if we are going to play ZBS we must get more athletic. When was Wade Smith drafted? He's gotta be getting near or past 30 yeah.

Honestly Garner has played well in the interior. Pouncey may be best suited for LG even tho he is very good at C as long as he doesn't room with the unfreed hernandez!

We need to add a few vets to the line this offseason. I like Brenner he battles he's got some upside from what I've seen, but I don't want them to pencil him in as the starter he still needs grooming IMO.

Mckinnie not in 2014 plans really who gives a damn. Balt cut bait with him at right time. He is nothing special anymore and has alot of deficiemcies

I agree dude, he is so slow and is only huge, it just takes the pass rush a bit longer to get around him. He hasn't been good, although he does not get pushed back into Tannehill and that has been better for us. Still we must upgrade the LT position.

My question was, if they are making front office decisions now does that mean this front office is here for another year?
Who's to say that if they cleaned house that the next FO would prefer the stopgap, hypothetical but relevant?

If the state of the Fins OL isn't enough for Ross to fire Ireland, I don't know what is.

Don't think we can fix it in one year unless the draft is almost dedicated to just that and by some chance they all work out and can play at the NFL level. Not likely. Its just par for the course, how long has it been since we had a good OL? We almost have to really hope one to two of the young guys we have work out also.

IF we just are thinking The Draft then we will be no better off next year , because we dont have 5 first rd draft picks and 4 rookies starting just isnt going to cut it ,we might as well just forget next season as well IF there thinking JUST DRAFT .

If you're a quality talent evaluator that can plug and play guys that fit your scheme you can replace 4 and even an entire OL in one off season. Granted they'll need time together meaning you'll have issues the first half of the season but it's not impossible. Case in point is the Steelers. They started the season with 4 new OL and lost Pouncey for the year in game 1. They had a rough start but are coming together as the season is winding down. Because the NFL has gotten teams so close with parity, they even find themselves in the playoff chase.

The problem for the Dolphins is they don't have a GM that has a clue when it comes to fitting guys with talent into the scheme.

Back
Top Bottom