McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

Extraneous stuff like this isn't really going to affect what kind of pro a guy will be.

You're not hiring guys to be Albert Schweitzer. You're hiring guys to pound the brains out of the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage.
:lol2: Great point that gets lost in all this bulls#$t

Extraneous stuff like this isn't really going to affect what kind of pro a guy will be.

You're not hiring guys to be Albert Schweitzer. You're hiring guys to pound the brains out of the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Teams don't care about character issues anymore? This guy went through lengths far beyond anything terrell Owens ever did for attention.

Pete themel just released a complete transcript from interviews he did with te'o, it's sickening the detail he came up with to run this hoax.

Teams don't care about character issues anymore? This guy went through lengths far beyond anything terrell Owens ever did for attention.

Pete themel just released a complete transcript from interviews he did with te'o, it's sickening the detail he came up with to run this hoax.

Teams care very much about character issues...to the extent that character issues will A) Prevent a guy from playing football on Sunday, or B) Be a team distraction.

Not seeing it demonstrated how this murky he-said/she-said situation is suggestive of either one. Pro football isn't college football.

Said an NFL scout about the situation: "From everything I can tell, he's a good kid and a good player. He didn't hurt anybody. It's just weird. Really, really weird."

And there you have it, in a nutshell.

This will be forgotten pretty shortly, IMO.

Anyone who calls Te'o's season luck has the worst possible argument. Btw, Te'o isn't falling to the 2nd if he falls to 12 I'd take him and all the UM fans don't hate on the player just cause ND stomped on us. He deserves credit, you guys want to look at one bad game and say "Oh this proves Manti T'eo sucks!" stop the nonsense guys with that logic we'd have never gotten Marino cause he had one bad season his senior season at Pitt.

No offense but that's some serious bull**** right there.

There's also this:

Yeah I'm sure it's really Manti Te'o that is logging in and taking sarcastic shots at his own performance against Alabama from this twitter account, even after this whole thing has blown up and he should be distancing himself from it as much as possible.

From what I understand, the @LennayKay account was changed to another following her death. Once a Twitter user changes their name, that name is then avaialble for anyone else to pick it up. Once this story broke, I'm pretty sure someone snapped up the account for parody purposes.

After reading this incredibly detailed interview, there is absolutely NO WAY Te'o wasn't in on this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...0130117/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/#all

SI: What was her major?

TE'O: Her major was in English and something. I'll double check.

SI: I can call Stanford and check. They have to have some record or note that she passed.

SI: So long distance relationship?

TE'O: She was supposed to come [to visit me at Notre Dame]. She was just cleared to come to the Wake Forest game, my senior game. It was mainly just on the phone, every day.

SI: Your dad told me that he called you at 7 a.m. on the day she died. He said when he woke up he had texts from Lennay. I'm confused. Walk me through that day.

TE'O: She was actually getting better to the point where she was cleared to fly and was sent home. She was doing better. So I woke up in the morning and my parents woke me up and they told me about my grandma. And my girlfriend was just someone who was so loving and caring and cares for others. She really loves my parents and my parents love her. She called and she offered her condolences on behalf of her and her family and she was telling them that she loves him and how they're thinking and praying for us.

And then I remember I went to class and went to workouts and after workouts, right before I was about to come into meetings, I got a text message from her phone but it was her brother. Every time her brother texts me he just says, "Bro." I was like, "Why is her brother texting me?" Then I get a phone call from her older brother's phone. He's just crying. And immediately I felt like, "Oh my Gosh, what just happened." And then he told me, "She's gone bro."

SI: How did it happen?

TE'O: It was just so sudden. I don't know the details of it. It was just a surprise.

SI: What was her older brother's name?

TE'O: Koa.

SI: What did he have to tell you?

TE'O: I kind of felt it. He was just crying and crying and crying. I just had to calm him down. I was like, "You have to speak clearly, I need to know what's going on." That's when he told me, Lala is gone. That's what they call her. They call her Lala.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...nti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/#ixzz2II4hFMFh

I mean, this is some super detailed stuff. How would a hoaxer have the time of day and the STAMINA to continue this hoax for so long?? Calling and talking to him on the phone for 8 hours every night? Hiring other accomplices to act as the hoax girl's brother? I mean, come on... We can really believe someone wanted to hoax this guy so badly that it would literally consume their lives for over a year? Someone probably wouldn't even put together such a vast hoax even if it guaranteed them a million dollars, much less for no discernable reward other than to punk a guy.

After reading that interview, Te'o's ability to lie so convincingly is reaching sociopath levels...

Teo's biggest weakness coming into the season was his pass coverage. He improved on that aspect of his game immensely. His interception total does not reflect that.

Alabama dominates nearly every team. Of course Teo has to get stronger, he is going to the NFL... Your arguments make no sense.

Is he as good as Jarvis Jones? Probably not. Is he a better pick than every other linebacker in this draft? "80% certainly".

That's better than average in college football. You watch the guy play...and I mean truly watch the guy play, and he's just not that impressive. You can't rely on stats to tell you the whole story. This dude got physically trampled in the national title game against a really dominate team. Alabama is NFL Lite. That's what he's going to face on a day to day basis. He needs to get a lot stronger because those Alabama boys were faster, moved him off and away from the football with ease and just made him look silly.

The whole hoax should be 1000x more embarrassing for ESPN than for Teo. They had all the information that was need to blow this up as soon as the death was reported, if not before.

ESPN and other media outlets were the ones selling the death story all along. Now they are the ones selling the hoax story.

Panem et circenses

After reading this incredibly detailed interview, there is absolutely NO WAY Te'o wasn't in on this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...0130117/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/#all

I mean, this is some super detailed stuff. How would a hoaxer have the time of day and the STAMINA to continue this hoax for so long?? Calling and talking to him on the phone for 8 hours every night? Hiring other accomplices to act as the hoax girl's brother? I mean, come on... We can really believe someone wanted to hoax this guy so badly that it would literally consume their lives for over a year? Someone probably wouldn't even put together such a vast hoax even if it guaranteed them a million dollars, much less for no discernable reward other than to punk a guy.

After reading that interview, Te'o's ability to lie so convincingly is reaching sociopath levels...

You'd be surprised. You know that this guy is going to be a millionaire soon. Why not hoax him and try to get a chunk of that cheese? The bizarre part is that she died before he got paid.

It's so bizarre I suspect it will follow him around his entire career, which will be stellar.

I almost wrote Stella. Maybe she's next.

Personally I think the whole thing will be forgotten within months of his drafting. The Draft news cycle being what it is, the episode is going to be spun and recycled all the way until draft day, although I suspect people will get tired of talking about it about one month before the Draft itself. However, after the Draft is done, within months, nobody will be talking about it. And by the time Te'o suits up a couple of times in his new team's uniforms, it'll be the kind of old news that never even gets mentioned.

Unless he sucks. If he sucks all bets are off because the way the public works is they've got to find something negative to make you known for. It can be incredibly small or incredibly big, but if you suck they're going to find something negative to define you. For example, Eddie Moore and the bar fight he got in where a guy punched him and knocked him unconscious.

Legal concerns like Kobe Bryant or Ray Lewis seem to fade away, as long as there's some vagueness to it, and the person is otherwise considered formidable.

Teo's situation is not similar. He's got jokes attached to him, with no sight of that ending. That means extreme vulnerability and it's an easy topic to remember, an invented girlfriend. Fans will feel very comfortable taking digs at him, everyone trying to be more crude or more clever than the last guy.

I'd say he needs one of three paths to stem this:

* Become a tremendous player on any team
* Very good player on a respected, almost feared team
* Date or get married to a babe who publicly drapes herself all over him and isn't afraid to get in the face of the public

I guess I'll root for number three, the most entertaining

Legal concerns like Kobe Bryant or Ray Lewis seem to fade away, as long as there's some vagueness to it, and the person is otherwise considered formidable.

Teo's situation is not similar. He's got jokes attached to him, with no sight of that ending. That means extreme vulnerability and it's an easy topic to remember, an invented girlfriend. Fans will feel very comfortable taking digs at him, everyone trying to be more crude or more clever than the last guy.

I'd say he needs one of three paths to stem this:

* Become a tremendous player on any team
* Very good player on a respected, almost feared team
* Date or get married to a babe who publicly drapes herself all over him and isn't afraid to get in the face of the public

I guess I'll root for number three, the most entertaining

I'm rooting for it to be Lindsey Lohan or Miley Cyrus. No way that would disappoint...

If T'eo runs a good 40 yard dash and throws up 30 plus reps @ 225 he'll climb right back up the draft boards. That being said, No, I've no use for T'eo.

Back
Top Bottom