McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

So you actually think, some girl stayed up all night talking to manti night after night up until she "died". And for what exactly? What is the point of this ongoing hoax that is this elaborate?

Give me a break.

I think there are all kinds of possibilities you're not considering here. First off, yeah, I do think there's a possibility that there was a semi-elaborate hoax going on here that involved an actual girl that Manti actually believed to be Lennay Kekua (and that Reagan Mauia believed to be her as well). Secondly, there's also a strong possibility that he lied or embellished various parts of his relationship with this woman. That doesn't make him a bad person. You have no idea what his motivations were. You're just automatically assuming them to be the worst.

For a long time, my wife and I lied to her parents about how we met.

I guess we need to go on Oprah.

I think there are all kinds of possibilities you're not considering here. First off, yeah, I do think there's a possibility that there was a semi-elaborate hoax going on here that involved an actual girl that Manti actually believed to be Lennay Kekua (and that Reagan Mauia believed to be her as well). Secondly, there's also a strong possibility that he lied or embellished various parts of his relationship with this woman. That doesn't make him a bad person. You have no idea what his motivations were. You're just automatically assuming them to be the worst.

The guy used the story for Some reason. Maybe he's gay, maybe he has a personality disorder, maybe he just got involved in a joke gone to far.

But he definitely was a part of this hoax. You guys keep giving him these excuses of how it could happen. None of them remotely make any sense. Your sitting here defending him sayng he probably was duped, Yet you insinuate that hen lied about meeting her.

I don't get this way of thinking.

To add to that fact, you have to look at how humiliated the guy would be with admitting he had a relationship with a woman he never met. His statement even said he was embarrassed about it. I can see why a kid would say he met her when he didn't just so he didn't look stupid. Fact is it's a personal matter with very little info. I'd wait to condemn the guy for lying for personal benefit until the facts come out.

The guy used the story for Some reason. Maybe he's gay, maybe he has a personality disorder, maybe he just got involved in a joke gone to far.

But he definitely was a part of this hoax. You guys keep giving him these excuses of how it could happen. None of them remotely make any sense. Your sitting here defending him sayng he probably was duped, Yet you insinuate that hen lied about meeting her.

I don't get this way of thinking.

If you had an online girlfriend, you wouldn't be tempted to lie in the face of skeptics and say "Yeah I've met her, we talk on the phone all the time"?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

To add to that fact, you have to look at how humiliated the guy would be with admitting he had a relationship with a woman he never met. His statement even said he was embarrassed about it. I can see why a kid would say he met her when he didn't just so he didn't look stupid. Fact is it's a personal matter with very little info. I'd wait to condemn the guy for lying for personal benefit until the facts come out.

I wouldn't condemn the guy either way, and I don't know if the "facts" will or even should ever "come out".

If you had an online girlfriend, you wouldn't be tempted to lie in the face of skeptics and say "Yeah I've met her, we talk on the phone all the time"?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I wouldn't condemn the guy either way, and I don't know if the "facts" will or even should ever "come out".

If you had a girlfriend you loved and she was going to die wouldn't you visit her once at least?

Stuff like this is the true value of the scandal.

[video=youtube;cWmpGhIZJWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmpGhIZJWw[/video]

Butthole beer bong leprechauns FTW!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

If you had a girlfriend you loved and she was going to die wouldn't you visit her once at least?

Does my answer to this question, be it "yes" or "no", in any way whatsoever affect the likelihood of me being a dominant, Hall of Fame caliber linebacker in the NFL?

That's a hell of a lot of "what ifs" about a situation that is a hell of a lot murkier than you want it to be.

Not at all. The only "what if" is if he was actually involved. IF he was involved, and I have a hard time seeing how he isn't, everything else stands as fact. Word is GMs are already worried about how "mentally stable" he is. I'm simply putting specifics to that. You have to agree, if he was involved, it's a game changer for him over the next few months. If he isn't involved, and it's still a possibility, I agree with you. It doesn't do much to change his draft stock. But looking at this objectively, it would take a lot to convince me he wasn't involved. It's all a moot point because the I've been listening to talk radio and it's already being taken for fact that he was "the victim of a hoax", but if I owned an NFL team and my GM told me he would take Te'o in the first if he was there, I would demand it looked into more...

I thought that would've been rather obvious. They had a BCS Championship Game to play and didn't want to create a distraction of mega proportions while they're trying to get prepared and focused for that game.

So why not after they got plowed by Alabama?

I agree that it's not any of the public's business. Honestly, had Te'o and Notre Dame came out and said that he was the victim of a hoax, it would be a lot more believable than to sit on it for a couple of weeks and then have someone like DeadSpin ruin your flawless image. Now, whether or not he was the victim of a hoax, his image has been blasted. People will always question him and his honesty.

I think there are a lot of inconsistencies here...not some. If she did way back in September, and she really meant that much to him, why then did he not attend the funeral? Did he meet her online or after the Stanford game. We've heard both stories. I'm sitting here listening to MLB Radio on SiriusXM like I always do at work and even they are taking cheap shots at Te'o today lol. Jack Swarbrick's press conference last night was just baffling. Seems like he didn't know how to answer the questions.

Not at all. The only "what if" is if he was actually involved. IF he was involved, and I have a hard time seeing how he isn't, everything else stands as fact. Word is GMs are already worried about how "mentally stable" he is. I'm simply putting specifics to that. You have to agree, if he was involved, it's a game changer for him over the next few months. If he isn't involved, and it's still a possibility, I agree with you. It doesn't do much to change his draft stock. But looking at this objectively, it would take a lot to convince me he wasn't involved. It's all a moot point because the I've been listening to talk radio and it's already being taken for fact that he was "the victim of a hoax", but if I owned an NFL team and my GM told me he would take Te'o in the first if he was there, I would demand it looked into more...

The question isn't a matter of "if" he was involved. The story he's going to tell, no matter what, is that he was NOT involved. The question is whether you imagine there ending up some smoking gun out there that proves that he was involved. I seriously doubt it.

Like I said, what the NFL scouts and GMs are going to do with this is interview him and the rest of his teammates, friends and coaches, and see if they can ferret out any evidence aside from this weird hoax thing, that he's any less of an intelligent leader than they'd already perceived him to be. If they find that evidence, then this story will matter. If they don't, it won't.

And that's the bottom line.

Well, if he was doing it for personal benefit I'd say that's a problem, but we don't know that. There is a line where it becomes public interest. If he was doing that to get votes or had a cancer treatment agenda i'd say it is public interest. I do agree that it isn't anyone's business if it was his and only his issue.

Stuff like this is the true value of the scandal.

[video=youtube;cWmpGhIZJWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmpGhIZJWw[/video]

Butthole beer bong leprechauns FTW!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Does my answer to this question, be it "yes" or "no", in any way whatsoever affect the likelihood of me being a dominant, Hall of Fame caliber linebacker in the NFL?

Interesting reply I guess.

I'll leave it at this, te'o said She told him he didn't want him to skip his game for the funeral. Teo said after the game he sent he white flowers and grab 2 picks for her. Something along those lines.

How could he send her flowers? She didn't exist, there was no funeral to send them to, no family members to send them to, no address, nothing.

The guy got caught in a lie he started. IMO he's probably a good kid who either has some serious problems or he and his buddy took a hoax to far, whatever the motivations. He can end it all by just telling then truth now, and people will be over it in a day. Or he can continue the path of lies, and it will follow him for a long time.

So why not after they got plowed by Alabama?

I agree that it's not any of the public's business. Honestly, had Te'o and Notre Dame came out and said that he was the victim of a hoax, it would be a lot more believable than to sit on it for a couple of weeks and then have someone like DeadSpin ruin your flawless image. Now, whether or not he was the victim of a hoax, his image has been blasted. People will always question him and his honesty.

I think there are a lot of inconsistencies here...not some. If she did way back in September, and she really meant that much to him, why then did he not attend the funeral? Did he meet her online or after the Stanford game. We've heard both stories. I'm sitting here listening to MLB Radio on SiriusXM like I always do at work and even they are taking cheap shots at Te'o today lol. Jack Swarbrick's press conference last night was just baffling. Seems like he didn't know how to answer the questions.

You overestimate peoples' memories.

Tell me, how often when you think about something Reggie Bush says, or something he does on the field, or when you see him on Hard Knocks acting like a leader...do you immediately think about his being caught taking money in college and having to give up his Heisman? Do you think that if he'd not taken money, he'd be a better pro than he is right now? Does that have ANY BEARING WHATSOEVER on what you think of the man as an NFL pro?

When was the last time you heard about how Ray Lewis will NOT go in the Hall of Fame because he was involved in a murder?

This kind of **** will be forgotten in a damn month. Well, a month after the NFL Draft, anyway.

Interesting reply I guess.

I'll leave it at this, te'o said She told him he didn't want him to skip his game for the funeral. Teo said after the game he sent he white flowers and grab 2 picks for her. Something along those lines.

How could he send her flowers? She didn't exist, there was no funeral to send them to, no family members to send them to, no address, nothing.

The guy got caught in a lie he started. IMO he's probably a good kid who either has some serious problems or he and his buddy took a hoax to far, whatever the motivations. He can end it all by just telling then truth now, and people will be over it in a day. Or he can continue the path of lies, and it will follow him for a long time.

How do you know he didn't send those flowers?

The question isn't a matter of "if" he was involved. The story he's going to tell, no matter what, is that he was NOT involved. The question is whether you imagine there ending up some smoking gun out there that proves that he was involved. I seriously doubt it.

Like I said, what the NFL scouts and GMs are going to do with this is interview him and the rest of his teammates, friends and coaches, and see if they can ferret out any evidence aside from this weird hoax thing, that he's any less of an intelligent leader than they'd already perceived him to be. If they find that evidence, then this story will matter. If they don't, it won't.

And that's the bottom line.

I agree with everything here. And I agree that there will likely not be a smoking gun. The closest thing to it is his relationship with the guy deadspin found to be gathering the pictures of the girl and manning the twitter account. That's not nearly enough to implicate him without doubt. I do think he still goes first round, but I also think he is definitely going to be dropped/removed from some team's big boards. Notre Dame went all out with the PR in mitigating the damage to this guy's reputation, and it seems to be working. I heard that the author of the article is going to be on the Ed Schultz show tonight, though. I think this is going to get a lot more interesting before it goes away...

I agree with everything here. And I agree that there will likely not be a smoking gun. The closest thing to it is his relationship with the guy deadspin found to be gathering the pictures of the girl and manning the twitter account. That's not nearly enough to implicate him without doubt. I do think he still goes first round, but I also think he is definitely going to be dropped/removed from some team's big boards. Notre Dame went all out with the PR in mitigating the damage to this guy's reputation, and it seems to be working. I heard that the author of the article is going to be on the Ed Schultz show tonight, though. I think this is going to get a lot more interesting before it goes away...

Think of it within the context of Ray Lewis being wanted for questioning in a MURDER that police believed he was present at, and how essentially everyone involved got away without being charged because they all refused to say anything.

That's MURDER.

A living person.

Dead by the hand of a man.

Hall of Fame.

Back
Top Bottom