McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

Think of it within the context of Ray Lewis being wanted for questioning in a MURDER that police believed he was present at, and how essentially everyone involved got away without being charged because they all refused to say anything.

That's MURDER.

A living person.

Dead by the hand of a man.

Hall of Fame.

Again, I don't disagree. But we're talking his draft stock, not his level of guilt in a crime. I just don't see how this doesn't effect it. Of course, after the national championship game, if he does fall, we'll never know if it was due to this or his performance against Alabama...

Again, I don't disagree. But we're talking his draft stock, not his level of guilt in a crime. I just don't see how this doesn't effect it. Of course, after the national championship game, if he does fall, we'll never know if it was due to this or his performance against Alabama...

I'm not talking about Ray Lewis' level of guilt in a crime or whether he should be in jail or not. I'm talking about day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year, how many times since 2002 or so have we talked about Ray Lewis and immediately thought of the murders he was charged with by Atlanta prosecutors, and for which he settled million dollar civil suits with families? I'm talking about legacy. Has it made Ray Lewis any worse of a football player? Has it made Ray Lewis any worse a prospect for the Hall of Fame? Has it made Ray Lewis any worse of a leader?

In fact it's just the opposite. Many, including Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis himself, claim that the whole thing made Ray Lewis a better football player, a better leader, and a better person.

The latest comes from Bob Holtzman of ESPN, who reported on College Football Live (via Rotoworld.com) that Te’o's teammates at Notre Dame sensed that something was amiss regarding the claims of a girlfriend who died in September.

“I talked to a former Notre Dame teammate of Te’o's today, who told me that most players always thought that this wasn’t really Te’o's girlfriend,” Holtzman said. “And that they always suspected that this didn’t really add up with the story. [The teammate] also told me that Te’o loved the attention and that even though the story may not have been what it seemed to be, that he was more than happy to play along with it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-attention-and-teammates-were-suspicious/

This dude definitely has something going on. Maybe another Borderline Personality? Can't say without knowing/speaking with the guy, but something is definitely off...

I'm not talking about Ray Lewis' level of guilt in a crime or whether he should be in jail or not. I'm talking about day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year, how many times since 2002 or so have we talked about Ray Lewis and immediately thought of the murders he was charged with by Atlanta prosecutors, and for which he settled million dollar civil suits with families? I'm talking about legacy. Has it made Ray Lewis any worse of a football player? Has it made Ray Lewis any worse a prospect for the Hall of Fame? Has it made Ray Lewis any worse of a leader?

In fact it's just the opposite. Many, including Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis himself, claim that the whole thing made Ray Lewis a better football player, a better leader, and a better person.

I don't think it's going to effect his level of play, absolutely agree. I just think he may have to go the Burfict route (not saying he'll go undrafted) and have to start over with his image. I think this will end up costing him a lot of money on that rookie contract. But if he is the talent he looked to be pre-Alabama, he'll outplay that contract and get it back on his follow up contract. Once training camp starts, barring some crazy twist or something, most people won't even remember this happened. Up until the draft? I think this will continue to be one of the most talked about stories...

nfl networks gonna bang this drum at the combine like they did the tebow one when he was a prospect...oh joy

looks like i'll be fastforwarding a lot

Im not making a big deal of the Bama game. It sure doesnt help when you d-line is getting wreck the whole game! No double teams at all

chance warmack had his hands full with that one dt #9...he was a load

He didn't have the best game against Alabama and Warmack, and the other Bama lineman seemed to push him around. His arms look a little short, but he tackles well. I am not saying he is going to be Zach Thomas on the next level, but I think he will have his place in the NFL. Also, we don't know all of the facts on what happened with the "girlfriend," or even if she existed....maybe he was duped in some way??? Strange story, but don't everyone throw him under the bus....didn't you guys do some stupid sh*t back in your college days? I know I did. Hopefully he will grow from this. I would be ok with giving him a serious look if he dropped to the second round, even though he probably isn't a real need for us.

Extraneous stuff like this isn't really going to affect what kind of pro a guy will be.

You're not hiring guys to be Albert Schweitzer. You're hiring guys to pound the brains out of the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

A few points:

Whether Teo was duped or not, he still knowingly lied to media, fans, and teammates. Thats wrong no matter how you look at it.

This is the public's business because Te'o made it the public's business by using his story to gain acclaim. If you tell the world "My girlfriend died", then it becomes the world's business. Its only private if Te'o kept it private, which he didnt. If he lied to people, then they have a right to know.

And let's also keep something else in mind.

ESPN has a vested interest in pinning all of this on Te'o. They're the ones that were made to look foolish for running crazy with this story to begin with, without even doing the SLIGHTEST degree of background and/or fact checking.

I think it's pretty well accepted that there are inconsistencies in Manti's story from the start. Deadspin did a good job pointing those out. For whatever reason, he definitely embellished some parts of the story. Not that it matters to me or that we should really care about it. But ESPN does. They're made to look foolish by this.

Back
Top Bottom