Melvin Ingram Has Opinions... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Melvin Ingram Has Opinions...

good, hope they play 8 in the box to stop Ajayi and Landry/Parker/Stills ends up looking at single coverage all day.

Watch the 3rd clip in post #29. Ingram is in the 3 tech. Bradley doesn't run a static defensive scheme like we use. They'll ID the weaknesses in our line and exploit them accordingly.

We have good tackles & a pro bowl center & our RB's pick up the blitz well. I am not worried about Gus Bradley if he was that good he would still be HC of the Jags. Look how great the Jags defense looked WITHOUT Gus Bradley last week.

We have good tackles & a pro bowl center & our RB's pick up the blitz well. I am not worried about Gus Bradley if he was that good he would still be HC of the Jags. Look how great the Jags defense looked WITHOUT Gus Bradley last week.

Bradley is an excellent DC. He also set the foundation for that defense in Jacksonville.

Curious what your view is of Wade Phillips with that mindset.

Who cares.

What's more interesting is that cb Jason verrett dnp yesterday with a knee

I didn't see anything on anyone from Miami missing practice

Gas the edges with tempo. Only 27k fans in that joint so perfect venue to roll with it and not have crowd noise play a factor. Gives Miami essentially a test run
Not to mention, of the 27,000 fans, 17,000 will be Dolphins fans lol.

Bradley is an excellent DC. He also set the foundation for that defense in Jacksonville.

Curious what your view is of Wade Phillips with that mindset.

Wow!!! Miami with Wade Phillips as it's DC, and Gase essentially the real O-coordinator...What could have been.

Come on Burke, prove us all wrong, and be special.

Wow!!! Miami with Wade Phillips as it's DC, and Gase essentially the real O-coordinator...What could have been.

I agree that would have been dreamy.

My point to Tiko377 was that Phillips is more successful as a defensive coach than a head coach, but by no means does that infer he's a bad coach.

I agree that would have been dreamy.

My point to Tiko377 was that Phillips is more successful as a defensive coach than a head coach, but by no means does that infer he's a bad coach.

Absolutely. Bill Armsparger was an awesome D-coordinator, yet his few years in Giants country as HC got him a 7-28 record... one thing has nothing to do with the other.

If he had not left Miami in 1984 to LSU, Marino would have gotten those SBs, no doubt in my mind. Phillips in Miami would have made me even more intolerable on the Dolphins chances this year.

I know Tannehill had a good game against them last year but would any team lose sleep over Tannehill either? Are we worried when we have to go against Alex Smith or Sam Bradford?
did you watch any football this week? are you aware that Smith and Bradford were at the top of their positions after their performance week 1? would be worried going up against either right now.

Here is hoping our OL is better in LA than it showed in pre-season.

For us to have a running game that is more than simply a diversion, we need to open up some running lanes. Ajayi is excellent at yards after contact, but if that contact begins in the backfield most plays, we're in trouble. Similarly, if we don't slow down Bosa and Ingram, we will not have enough time to expose their secondary.

For me, it all comes down to our OL. I'm expecting Tunsil and Pouncey to be the good players they showed last year, not the people we saw (or didn't see) in the pre-season. I'm hoping we get the good version of James. I'm hoping that with those 3 guys we can mask Steen and Bushrod enough to get by. Our tackles are our strength, so we sort of match up well vs. the Chargers. Their MLB is a thumper, but Ajayi does well at slipping/minimizing those types of players as long as they don't have the speed to hit him in the backfield. Our WR's/TE's have the edge over their secondary ... if we have time to throw.

This game could go either way. Typically, early season games are defensive affairs. But, IMHO, this has the chance to be a real shootout. For us on defense it will come down to stopping the run (or not) and taking our chances to get off the field on the 3rd and mid to long. If we can't convert those, it's going to be a long day. On offense, if our OL can play a decent game and hold up, we will have the opportunities to score a lot of points.

I think them not having tape on our Cutler offense is going to be a real advantage. At least in the first half, we should be able to run some things and catch them out of position. But, in the second half, we're going to have to earn the win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom