MERGED 103x: Bills coach Mularkey Quits | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 103x: Bills coach Mularkey Quits

Crisis said:
Big Ben did nothing special as a rookie. All he had to do was hand the ball off.

Seriously, I give him about as much credit for their record that year as I do for dominizzo's posts.

Pfft. Their game might be built around the run, but Ben made his share of plays as well. Besides, the Pittsburgh run game typically doesn't take over until they are well into the second half and need to run out the clock.

FaninPatsyLand said:
No but he was a hell of alot more effective at keeping defenses honest than Tommy Maddox or Charlie Batch were.

The difference is the Steelers pounded the ball down your throats even when you stacked the line. Even when they only averaged 3 yards per carry with Bettis, they would wear the defense down, something that would never have happened with Mularkey.

Seriously, Mularkey was a horrible coach. Maybe a decent coordinator, but a horrible coach.

Crisis said:
The difference is the Steelers pounded the ball down your throats even when you stacked the line. Even when they only averaged 3 yards per carry with Bettis, they would wear the defense down, something that would never have happened with Mularkey.

Seriously, Mularkey was a horrible coach. Maybe a decent coordinator, but a horrible coach.

Wrong. The Steelers actually average only about 50 yards per game in the first half (according to Dr. Z's own analysis) and most of their run yardage comes in the second half when they need to eat up clock and usually after they're playing with a lead.

Crisis said:
How is saying Bledsoe was medicore at best saying Mularkey did a great job with him? Bledsoe looked the same as every other year.

The earlier part of your post sums up to this.. the Bills sucked this year, they didn't have enough talent. That is not Mulakey's fault.

As for Bledsoe, he was a hell of alot more effective that one year in Buffalo than he was during his final few years in New England. He was on pace to break Marino's single season yardage mark for a time that season. Mularkey did a good job with Bledsoe, disputing that is asinine.

Bledsoe's best year in Buffalo was with Gregg Williams.

Also, Bledsoe's yard total from his year with Mularkey was the 3rd worst of his career, his completion pct was the 5th worst of his career.

Crisis said:
Bledsoe's best year in Buffalo was with Gregg Williams.

Also, Bledsoe's yard total from his year with Mularkey was the 3rd worst of his career, his completion pct was the 5th worst of his career.

It was the year before they had that insane offense (with Peerless), my mistake. Still doesn't change my opinion of Mularkey.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. He's going to make a good Coordinator somewhere.

Crisis said:
Seriously, I give him about as much credit for their record that year as I do for dominizzo's posts.

:sidelol:

B-LO said:
Keep laughing about Haslett. Belichick was awful in his first coaching tenure with Cleveland.

You can almost see Marv "The Mastermind" Levy's plan coming into focus.

plan coming into focus???? Mularkey is jumping ship before it sinks to the bottom.Just because Levy was a decent coach,doesn't mean he will be a good G/M.can you say alzheimers??? :sidelol: :sidelol:

I think Mularky did the honorable thing. They fired his staff and he stood down. He manned up when they took his staff away, gave up a lot of money. He has some stones to do that.

Mularkey quits after Levy hired by Bills!

Seems to me the Bills are in a little turmoil. Oh how sad.:D

Guess what ... It doesn't matter. Two of the best coaches in the entire NFL are already locked up in the AFC East (Saban and Bellichek). No matter who the Jets and Buffalo get this offseason won't really matter too much because there is nobody out there that offers the coaching calliber of either of these coaches. It's gunna be a two horse race in the AFC East for quite a few years to come if you ask me.

Dolphin39 said:
Seems to me the Bills are in a little turmoil. Oh how sad.:D

If it's not about the Dolphins, our players or our coaches, please don't post it in the Dolphins' forum. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom