MERGED 103x: Bills coach Mularkey Quits | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 103x: Bills coach Mularkey Quits

Crisis said:
OK, Saban did a good job.

It won't be as easy when the rest of the AFC East is healthy next year though.

Saban matched Mularkey's success. That says a lot. Maybe he'll suck it up as much as Mularkey did year two.

I'm sure I could pull up a bunch of your posts that are dead-wrong.

Were the Bills banged up this season?

:lol:

Nublar7 said:
I just read that they may stay in-house and hire Jerry Gray. :lol:

These are truly sad times up there in Buffalo..

I don't blame Mularkey for wanting out, the organization up there is a disaster. He was set up to fail. The team was overrated coming into the season, and placing the success of the team on Losman's shoulders was beyond asinine.

I happen to like Mularkey, maybe not as a head coach, but he's definitely a bright offensive mind. You can't make chicken salad out of garbage, unless of course you are Hudson Houck, but this isn't the place for that. Mularkey didn't get a fair deal up there..

FaninPatsyLand said:
These are truly sad times up there in Buffalo..

I don't blame Mularkey for wanting out, the organization up there is a disaster. He was set up to fail. The team was overrated coming into the season, and placing the success of the team on Losman's shoulders was beyond asinine.

I happen to like Mularkey, maybe not as a head coach, but he's definitely a bright offensive mind. You can't make chicken salad out of garbage, unless of course you are Hudson Houck, but this isn't the place for that. Mularkey didn't get a fair deal up there..

Mularkey isn't a bright offensive mind. The guy runs way too many trick plays and is afraid to run the ball when its working.

Look how big Pittsburgh's running game took off when he left.

Crisis said:
Mularkey isn't a bright offensive mind. The guy runs way too many trick plays and is afraid to run the ball when its working.

He is a bright offensive mind, but he couldn't show it because he didn't have the personnel in Buffalo. The offensive line is beyond atrocious, and they had a clueless Quarterback out there along with an overrated Running Back.

The man can do things with talent, he just didn't have much of it. That wasn't his fault, Donahoe deserved to get the axe. He didn't give his Head Coach much of an opportunity to succeed.

Crisis said:

And look what he was able to do with Drew Bledsoe last year. I'm sure you'd be able to find plenty of people who would disagree at the thought that Bledsoe is even an average Quarterback. He got 9 wins out of that team, I don't care how he did it, that's impressive.

And he did a pretty solid job with that Pittsburgh offense. Not sure exactly what you are talking about.

Oh thats right, how could I forget, he did such a terrible job with the Pittsburgh Steelers that the stupid Buffalo Bills decided to go out and give him their head coaching job when he wasn't even a decent Coordinator. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :shakeno:

The Bills won with DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS his rookie year. (MM)

He didn't do much with Bledsoe, as he costed us the playoffs last year, Bledsoe was mediocre at best his last year as a Bill.

He regressed after a above average rookie year, and his playcalling relied on too many tricks instead of the smashmouth football he preached.

Oh, and in Pitt they ran 100-200+ more times AFTER he left. Just happened they made the playoffs both those years too...Hmm...

Crisis said:
The Bills won with DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS his rookie year. (MM)

He didn't do much with Bledsoe, as he costed us the playoffs last year, Bledsoe was mediocre at best his last year as a Bill.

He regressed after a above average rookie year, and his playcalling relied on too many tricks instead of the smashmouth football he preached.

So you agree with me that Mularkey did a good job with Bledsoe, he got the most he was going to get out of him. Unless of course you believe that Bledsoe was an above average QB.

Ahh yes, smashmouth football, that makes perfect sense. Especially with that offensive line. Let's place our hopes on Greg Jerman's ability to move defensive lineman off the ball and create holes for McGahee, cause that would have went alot better.

Seems to me that he had a quality that Wannstedt (whom a previous poster compared Mularkey to) didn't have. He was willing to adapt his gameplan based on the personnel he had at his disposal. Sounds like a pretty terrible coach to me..

Crisis said:
Oh, and in Pitt they ran 100-200+ more times AFTER he left. Just happened they made the playoffs both those years too...Hmm...

Because that had nothing to do with the emergence of Ben Roethlisberger. ;)

Jim Haslett rumored to take over. It's just funny that the same circle of coaches are always coaching somewhere in the NFL.

Next year will be between us an New England. What happens to Buffalo is irrelevant.

SoFloDolFan said:
:eek: I now think the Dolphins will be the new AFC East Champs next year now that another rival coach, Mike Mularkey, is gone.:eek:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5242550
Losing their coach really doesn't matter. The Bills are a shamble from top to bottom. Even the Jets will be better then them next season.

The East is going to be between the Fins and the Pats as the Jets and Bills watch from the bototm. I think it will go down to week 17 next year to decide the East champ.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Because that had nothing to do with the emergence of Ben Roethlisberger. ;)

Big Ben did nothing special as a rookie. All he had to do was hand the ball off.

Seriously, I give him about as much credit for their record that year as I do for dominizzo's posts.

Crisis said:
Big Ben did nothing special as a rookie. All he had to do was hand the ball off.

Seriously, I give him about as much credit for their record that year as I do for dominizzo's posts.

No but he was a hell of alot more effective at keeping defenses honest than Tommy Maddox or Charlie Batch were.

FaninPatsyLand said:
So you agree with me that Mularkey did a good job with Bledsoe, he got the most he was going to get out of him. Unless of course you believe that Bledsoe was an above average QB.

Ahh yes, smashmouth football, that makes perfect sense. Especially with that offensive line. Let's place our hopes on Greg Jerman's ability to move defensive lineman off the ball and create holes for McGahee, cause that would have went alot better.

Seems to me that he had a quality that Wannstedt (whom a previous poster compared Mularkey to) didn't have. He was willing to adapt his gameplan based on the personnel he had at his disposal. Sounds like a pretty terrible coach to me..

Do you even WATCH the Bills?

How can you say a team that blows a huge lead to the Dolphins has a good coach? Greg Jerman was in because of injuries, and he was replaced very soon by Jason Peters (our only OL who doesn't suck).

Seriously, he was good his first year because of the shock of his trick plays, and he didn't run them as much. He used him as a change-of-pace maybe once a game, not once every other drive.

I don't know how many times it'll be 3rd or 4th and short and he'll try that fake QB draw pitch to McGahee which only worked the first time...how many attempted flea flickers we saw...it's not only the fact he tried so many trick plays, its the fact that the team executed them horribly, why run trick plays if you can't run them right?

How is saying Bledsoe was medicore at best saying Mularkey did a great job with him? Bledsoe looked the same as every other year.

Back
Top Bottom