Merged 2x: Bills Injury: Losman carted off field | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Bills Injury: Losman carted off field

Justasportsfan said:
We used 3 picks but gave up 2. What did you give up to move up a step for Carey? Feely? It's good thing you got back your 4th for Carey by trading Ogun. Too bad next years draft pool is not nearly as good as this years.

Even on a broken leg, JP has better potential than Feely :D.

Wow you guys can dish it out but can't take it quit being so sensitive. For some reason I can't remember what we gave up to get Carey. And by the way we got a 3rd back for Ogun not a fourth. I know numbers confuse you guys. :D

Losman couldn't carry Feeley's jock, even though Losman really wants to. :D

Justasportsfan said:
You guys are in big trouble becuse here comes ZOlman.
From the planet Nebula where he led the Nebulites to the Outerspace Football League and was MVP last year.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phinz said:
Wow you guys can dish it out but can't take it quit being so sensitive. For some reason I can't remember what we gave up to get Carey. And by the way we got a 3rd back for Ogun not a fourth. I know numbers confuse you guys. :D

Losman couldn't carry Feeley's jock, even though Losman really wants to. :D
you gave up a 4th to move up to get Carey. Got it back in the form of a 3rd by trading Ogun. Comprende? :D . My crystal ball says (just polished it) feely will be a younger Fiedler, nothing more . Losman will be an elite :D.

Justasportsfan said:
We used 3 picks but gave up 2. What did you give up to move up a step for Carey? Feely? It's good thing you got back your 4th for Carey by trading Ogun. Too bad next years draft pool is not nearly as good as this years.

Even on a broken leg, JP has better potential than Feely :D.

What did the Bills give up for Drew So-slow, Mike Willnotplay, and Josh NeedanewWR? How about Ryan Weenie and Chris Kantplay? Jeff Poser looks like a bad choice too. Willis MyGodmykneehurts can't crack the starting lineup unless Travis HeyI'mhurtagain gets hurt AGAIN. Not to mention that Lee EventuallyI'llplay is not playing.

You would say that next years draft pool isn't as good since you gave away your #1 for a guy with brittle bones.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
How about Ryan Weenie and Chris Kantplay? Jeff Poser looks like a bad choice too.
You're right. They all suck. The fact that the Bills had the number two defense last year is some kind of astrophysical anomaly. Gives you hope for the fish's offense this year huh?

BuffRangePigpen said:
You're right. They all suck. The fact that the Bills had the number two defense last year is some kind of astrophysical anomaly. Gives you hope for the fish's offense this year huh?

Thats two positions out of nine. Perhaps it is not a miracle that the defense was good in spite of their play.

By your reasoning, Travis Henry must suck because the Bills offense did. Thats the funny thing about a team game.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
What did the Bills give up for Drew So-slow, Mike Willnotplay, and Josh NeedanewWR? How about Ryan Weenie and Chris Kantplay? Jeff Poser looks like a bad choice too. Willis MyGodmykneehurts can't crack the starting lineup unless Travis HeyI'mhurtagain gets hurt AGAIN. Not to mention that Lee EventuallyI'llplay is not playing.

You would say that next years draft pool isn't as good since you gave away your #1 for a guy with brittle bones.
Okay I dont get what your saying in the first paragraph, but you still seem to think that we gave away a #1 for Losman. No... we used a #1 on Losman. Look at this:

Buffalo gets:

Dallas 2004 1st Rd. Pick

Dallas gets:

Buffalo 2005 1st Rd. Pick

Buffalo 2004 2nd Rd. Pick

Buffalo 2004 5th Rd. Pick

Note that Buffalo still has the same amount of first round picks they had before the trade, just in a different year.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Okay I dont get what your saying in the first paragraph, but you still seem to think that we gave away a #1 for Losman. No... we used a #1 on Losman. Look at this:

Buffalo gets:

Dallas 2004 1st Rd. Pick

Dallas gets:

Buffalo 2005 1st Rd. Pick

Buffalo 2004 2nd Rd. Pick

Buffalo 2004 5th Rd. Pick

Note that Buffalo still has the same amount of first round picks they had before the trade, just in a different year.

When you use a draft pick on a player, you are giving up the pick for the player. Trade, draft selection, doesn't matter.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Thats two positions out of nine. Perhaps it is not a miracle that the defense was good in spite of their play.
Perhaps solid play doesn't stand out on a defense filled with pro bowl play makers. You're insinuation that they suck is flat out wrong however.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
When you use a draft pick on a player, you are giving up the pick for the player. Trade, draft selection, doesn't matter.
How do you figure? When you buy a soda, do you consider it giving away a dollar? You use the dollar. You get something in return. You don't just give it away.

BuffRangePigpen said:
How do you figure? When you buy a soda, do you consider it giving away a dollar? You use the dollar. You get something in return. You don't just give it away.

Where did I say they were given away for nothing? I said they were given up for a player. They were exchanged for a player. Whether that happens in a trade or by a draft selection is immaterial.

The Bills exchanged a single 1st round draft pick for Bledsoe and a 1st, 2nd, and 5th for Losman.

BTW, you don't get to keep the dollar either.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Usually when you "give" somebody something, you don't get anything in return. Am i wrong? www.websters.com

BuffRangePigpen said:
Usually when you "give" somebody something, you don't get anything in return. Am i wrong? www.websters.com

Here is the third definiton of the word "give"

To deliver in exchange or recompense; pay: gave five dollars for the book.

So, YES YOU ARE WRONG!

actually the right verbage is, we used 3 picks to get JP but only 2 of that given away.

Back
Top Bottom