Merged 2X: Mods stop being ridiculous... and relax... and wow | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Mods stop being ridiculous... and relax... and wow

Atila said:
I mean really, relax on the controlling of our speech, there is less "freedom" here than in the USA (shocking, I know).

I missed this part of the post. But I think it illustrates another way in which you're missing the mark.

You compare the level of freedom here to the level of freedom in the USA.

I would argue that there is less freedom inside of homes and private institutions in the USA than outside of those walls. You set the rules of your home. When you were young, your parents probably forbid you from swearing and talking back. It's not against the law to swear or talk back. But it was against their law. If you disobey your boss and take 2-hour lunch breaks, you're not breaking the law. But you're breaking company policy and are subject to termination. Insubordination won't get you arrested, unless your in the military.

Why is this any different??

On a slight tangent, the "freedom of speech" cry is a familiar refrain from those who become unhappy here and/or have been kicked out. But they fail to realize that this isn't a public democracy. It's a private owned and operated entity. We act as benevolent despots. We set the rules. You agree to them when you sign up. You're in our house.

d-day said:
Us mods have a lot of growing up to do, I'll tell you that. Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. Can you believe these characters? Way out of line. Way out of line. Have a good mind to go to the administrator about this. You know what hurts the most is the... the lack of respect. You know? That's what hurts the most. Except for the... Except for the butt thing. That hurts the most. But the lack of respect hurts the second most.

I respect you, D-day. Just not the next morning.

but you really need to relax so I'll be over later today.

Lappy said:
I respect you, D-day. Just not the next morning.

but you really need to relax so I'll be over later today.

who's turn is it to toss the pickles?

Whats this Pickle Tossing you speak of?

Oh and which one is this D-day you speak of?:evil:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom